You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gledr

french collection question

18 comments in this topic

[EREKT]
Members
57 posts
3,298 battles

i ONLY need 1 more item to finish the collection and after getting all the free crates with at least 12 duplicates i have no more options other than buying crates. 

Ive gotten Bismarck items randomly so how long until these get to that stage. 

PS are the French bbs actually premium ships because it said they will give you a head start on the tt grind which makes it sound like they are just loaner tt ships

if they are premiums that will atleast be some kind of bonus for finishing the collection.

realistically i would need atleast 3 crates to guarantee finish it so that's  probably the 14$  5 pack. 

Worth it or not reaally

[WOLF5]
Members
458 posts
18,868 battles

When 7.2 drops, Part 2 of the French event should start. You will have more chances to get crates if what is on the PTS carries over. The Gold of France campaign as well as the Hermes Operation are giving French crates on the PTS. 

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
7 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

When 7.2 drops, Part 2 of the French event should start. You will have more chances to get crates if what is on the PTS carries over. The Gold of France campaign as well as the Hermes Operation are giving French crates on the PTS. 

I don't see anything in the 7.2 patch notes that mentions containers.  And this info-graphic implies this is all that there is.

ffaa5f9e-0a9a-11e8-9a7e-d89d6715223c_120

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
458 posts
18,868 battles
12 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I don't see anything in the 7.2 patch notes that mentions containers.  And this info-graphic implies this is all that there is.

ffaa5f9e-0a9a-11e8-9a7e-d89d6715223c_120

That graphic is the French addition/French Progression missions. The rewards for Hermes and Gold of France aren't in the patch notes. If you log into the PTS you can see the awards for completion. 

Until 0.7.2 goes live, consider this a work in progress but on the PTS:

Operation Hermes stars

1. 1 Container
  2. 2 Container
  3. 50 doubloons
  4. 100 doubloons
  5. 150 doubloons

Gold of France: Task 2 requires T-6+ French ships, task 3 requires Aigle, task 4 requires French T-8+ battleships

1-1 3 assorted camos

1-2 3 assorted camos + 1 container

1-3 3 assorted camos + 2 containers

1-4 3 assorted camos + 2 containers

1-final Dunkirk camo + 5 containers + Fleur-de-lis symbol

2-1 2x damage, smoke, DFAA

2-2 5x damage, spotting, hydro + 1 container

2-3 10x damage, smoke, engine + 2 containers 

2-4 10x damage, repair, engine + 2 containers

2-final Gascogne camo, 5 containers, gallic rooster symbol

3-1 5 assorted signals

3-2 5 assorted signals + 1 container

3-3 5 assorted economic signals + 2 containers

3-4 5 assorted economic signals + 2 containers

3-final Richelieu camo, 5 containers Marianne symbol

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,916 battles
1 hour ago, gledr said:

at least 12 duplicates

Have you used these duplicates to get collectables you did not get in crates already ? Or is this one different and duplicates can not be traded at some ratio of x amount of duplicates for one collectable that you have not gotten in containers ?

:Smile_honoring:

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

Just to make sure that you are aware... you can exchange 3 duplicates for any missing collection item.

Just click on the empty item, and ok the exchange

[EREKT]
Members
57 posts
3,298 battles
5 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Have you used these duplicates to get collectables you did not get in crates already ? Or is this one different and duplicates can not be traded at some ratio of x amount of duplicates for one collectable that you have not gotten in containers ?

ive used the duplicates to get the other things that the crates didn't give

[OPG3]
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,846 battles
1 hour ago, gledr said:

i ONLY need 1 more item to finish the collection and after getting all the free crates with at least 12 duplicates i have no more options other than buying crates. 

Ive gotten Bismarck items randomly so how long until these get to that stage. 

PS are the French bbs actually premium ships because it said they will give you a head start on the tt grind which makes it sound like they are just loaner tt ships

if they are premiums that will atleast be some kind of bonus for finishing the collection.

realistically i would need atleast 3 crates to guarantee finish it so that's  probably the 14$  5 pack. 

Worth it or not reaally

What does finishing the collection have to do with the French BBs? The collection rewards you with a French commander not a ship. If you haven’t already gotten the French ships from containers (random chance) then you are pretty much out of luck. When 7.2 hits (most likely next week) the early release ships will be replaced with the full tech tree and you will simply have to grind through them.

Once 7.2 hits, you will have the ability to continue earning containers for the collection though. So you will have chances to finish it out and get the commander.

Members
100 posts
348 battles

You can turn in three duplicates per unallocated collection piece.

go to collection

find empty spot

click on it, confirm trade

done

[C9]
Members
7 posts
5,997 battles

I am in the same situation. I still need 1 item to finish collection. Oh, and I did not get a single personal mission for a french BB. Random luck is random luck I guess, but it is sure is not fun.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
1 hour ago, KyourakuShunsui said:

What does finishing the collection have to do with the French BBs? The collection rewards you with a French commander not a ship. If you haven’t already gotten the French ships from containers (random chance) then you are pretty much out of luck. When 7.2 hits (most likely next week) the early release ships will be replaced with the full tech tree and you will simply have to grind through them.

Once 7.2 hits, you will have the ability to continue earning containers for the collection though. So you will have chances to finish it out and get the commander.

My earned commander will work my French cruiser line, so he's not useless to me. I did get two BBs, but they will sit unused or be sold as I don't play BBs at all. 

Op, if you buy the Aigle, you get a container each day for running it in one random battle. It's not 14 dollars, but it's reasonable. 

Edited by BullpupWOT

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,916 battles
7 hours ago, gledr said:

Ok , was just asking and trying to help .

[TF-64]
Members
372 posts
12,790 battles

I hope we get more chances. I have 4 holes and 11 dupes. So one dupe would finish me off. I'll even trade my 2 french BBs for one collection piece. 

[CAST]
Members
1,427 posts
5,957 battles
15 hours ago, gledr said:

Pro tip: In the future, don't trade duplicates in until you have enough to complete the whole collection.  The fewer unique collection items you have, the lower the odds are of getting yet another duplicate (which is worth 1/3 of a unique item in this case).

• Cool 1

[EREKT]
Members
57 posts
3,298 battles
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:31 AM, KyourakuShunsui said:

did you read the same stuff i wrote. no where do i say the collection gives a ship, i said getting a crate with a chance of getting both the collection item and a premium ship is a better incentive than just paying for a 10 point captian