Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Batmantis_

Unexpectedly Fun Ships

58 comments in this topic

[1IF]
Members
97 posts
3,255 battles

As a BB main, I'm finding several ships to be quite a blast to play that I didn't expect to enjoy so much.  Fiji has got to be my favorite ship right now.  I'm the guy who can't make the Kamikaze or Okhotnik work for him, but the Nicholas just seems to get the job done.  Now I'm working on the Russian cruiser line.  I didn't enjoy Bogatyr or Svetlana all that much.  But the Kirov...THAT is a fun ship to play.  Guns are accurate, good damage, good range and fast.  Sure, she's made out of Explodium, but what cruiser isn't?  Kirov will be staying in my port once her successor is unlocked.  

What ships have surprised you?

[INTEL]
Members
7,024 posts
28,541 battles

Surprise? None.

Fun ship? Derzki and Okhotnik. Clemson and Yugumo come to mind too.

[FML]
Members
2,359 posts
11,619 battles
1 hour ago, BatMant1s said:

As a BB main, I'm finding several ships to be quite a blast to play that I didn't expect to enjoy so much.  Fiji has got to be my favorite ship right now.  I'm the guy who can't make the Kamikaze or Okhotnik work for him, but the Nicholas just seems to get the job done.  Now I'm working on the Russian cruiser line.  I didn't enjoy Bogatyr or Svetlana all that much.  But the Kirov...THAT is a fun ship to play.  Guns are accurate, good damage, good range and fast.  Sure, she's made out of Explodium, but what cruiser isn't?  Kirov will be staying in my port once her successor is unlocked.  

I wasnt expecting to enjoy the Mahan, as I was never scared of them  when fighting them in any of my other ships - even to the point of considering free XP - but it turned out to be an excellent ship and I enjoyed it.

[NGAGE]
Members
4,285 posts
6,294 battles

I have to say I really really enjoyed the Pensacola grind.  I was actually kinda looking forward to the Pensacola before I bought it, but I was still taken a little back just how much fun it was.  I really don't get why that ship is hated so much...

• Cool 2

[SPTR]
Members
3,518 posts
6,229 battles

I’m a hard partying hard fighting ugly ugly bi*ch of a BB and Cruiser main, and I did ZERO grinding on the IJN dd line. Yet after getting and speccing for gunboat Shinonome I’m seriously considering to blow some free XP and get me Akizuiki or Yugumo

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,840 posts
4,849 battles

When I get to play Shokaku in test...I realized how much I enjoyed Lex...all this time...

[SIDE]
Members
2,022 posts

Cruiser. Heard Atlanta was a super fragile POS. It’s tons of fun IMO.

Destroyer. vampire and ohotnik more fun at tier than any other dd.

BB. conquerer or kurf.

Members
438 posts
8,055 battles

The Normandie is really fun for me, feels more agile than its tier peers and the guns are fun.  Feels a bit OP to be honest,

[WOLF1]
Members
2,494 posts
4 hours ago, BatMant1s said:

fiji? i don't get it, i am running leander at the moment, it's a pita, i mean, cruiser can't start fire, AP can't penetrate, what's the point?

Edited by Happy668

[SF-A]
Members
2,993 posts
6,248 battles

Mahan, Nelson, and the entire dang French cruiser line. When the Frenchies were released, I told myself 'Nah, I'll never get to the Henri' but I've had so much fun it seems a crime not to!

[NSC]
Members
176 posts
6,556 battles

I really enjoyed the Fiji....fast, has smoke, and fires alot.  Plus it goes up against T5s....it can really citadel them...

[CVA16]
Members
2,760 posts
7,429 battles

For me it's been the Cesare hands down. I know this might sound funny but I've gotten fond of the Krasny. I bought it only because I needed a tier 5 Soviet cruiser way back in some event. I went and watched a couple of videos on how to use it and spec it out. Got the captain up to 19 points. Some nights I take her out and she's a fire breathing little monster. Some nights well she's target practice.

[RLGN]
Members
9,784 posts
19,296 battles
10 minutes ago, Stongatola said:

I really enjoyed the Fiji....fast, has smoke, and fires alot.  Plus it goes up against T5s....it can really citadel them...

Yeah, right... Where are those top tier battles please? All I ever got were bottom tier battles. Fiji and Eddy’s SAP was just as worthless in effect as Leander’s was; all three are now gone from my port.

20 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

fiji? i don't get it, i am running leanard at the moment, it's a pita, i mean, cruiser can't start fire, AP can't penetrate, what's the point?

Leander?

In any case; pretty much my experience. At least Emerald can kill things with torpedoes.

4 hours ago, BatMant1s said:

Certainly not Kirov.

Mutsuki did, despite its reputation.

Members
438 posts
8,055 battles
1 hour ago, yashma said:

I have to say I really really enjoyed the Pensacola grind.  I was actually kinda looking forward to the Pensacola before I bought it, but I was still taken a little back just how much fun it was.  I really don't get why that ship is hated so much...

I agree, I had a ton of fun with Pensacola once I caught on to how to walk the line of damage dealing and surviving.

I am not a great player but I had an above average win rate for me in this ship.

i found the guns fun and impactful, and I liked the way it leans and really gets into turns.

[INTEL]
Members
1,183 posts
10,585 battles

Leander and Yorck. for completely diff reasons, can both be total LOL machines.

[NSC]
Members
176 posts
6,556 battles
19 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yeah, right... Where are those top tier battles please? All I ever got were bottom tier battles. Fiji and Eddy’s SAP was just as worthless in effect as Leander’s was; all three are now gone from my port.

Well, I had quite a few of them.  I don't like the Edinburgh nearly as much as I'm usually in T10 battles....

[BTLST]
Members
381 posts
9,661 battles

Way back when I first started, I grinded exclusively BB's and tried my hand at the soviet cruiser line... made it to Kirov,  hated it, and gave up. Then the Christmas 2016/2017 holiday season came up and that event that gave us free tier 6's ended up giving me a budyonny and a Farragut. I got the hang of budyonny, and revisited Kirov... LOVE IT! Seriously, Kirov is a beast once you actually know how to cruiser, uptiers very well, beast guns for its tier, tiny silhouette... And I mentioned Farragut for a reason too! Had never tried DD's so it sat in port for a while... And once I decided to take it out for a spin I never looked back. I'm at fletcher now on the US DD line, but I still take Farragut out for a spin quite regularly, and it never fails to deliver pure, undiluted FUN!

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,840 posts
4,849 battles
4 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

Actually enjoying the Omaha, not very good in it but it's fun playing it.

A while of training my carrier captain in Marblehead let me to think of the same thing...even when uptiered all the time it can get hillarious result from unwary opponents...

Sign in to follow this