You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sventex

Video Games Now Charging Money For Save Slots

13 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles

So apparently Battlefront II wasn't enough microtransactions for the Video Game Industry.  So Konami came up with this wunderbar idea.  You can pay $10 for some 1150 gold, to buy a SAVE SLOT that costs 1000 gold.  A SAVE SLOT.  They are now charging $10 for save slots, in a single player game...

Beta Testers
412 posts
1,294 battles
23 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

Why do people keep buying from those companies ?

because people aren't very bright these days

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles

The very concept is ridiculous.  But seriously, TEN freaking dollars for a single save slot?  That's just obscene.  If these game companies aren't careful, they're going to end up cutting their own throats, metaphorically speaking of course.

[KNTAI]
Members
173 posts
4,903 battles
2 hours ago, khorender_1 said:

Because people apparently can't vote with their wallets.

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
27 minutes ago, Cruiser_ChoukaiKaiNi said:

Because people apparently can't vote with their wallets.

Even after losing out a ton of sales, Battlefront II still made a profit.  And they'll reintroduce microtransactions anyways.  They games are so profitable it's hard for any wallet voting, because you need nearly a unanimous international boycott.

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
202 posts
3,993 battles
6 hours ago, khorender_1 said:

and; While easy wouldn't be in the description, don't they form the alternative?

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

What's a save slot?

Anytime you save your progress in a single player game like in Minecraft, Fallout or Skyrim , that's a save slot.  So if you want to make a new character, and save their progress, you open a new save slot or overwrite the old one.  These video game companies are now charging for the "service" of saving your game to increase their profits.  If the save file corrupts, you didn't "buy" extra save slots for backup, your SOL.

ffvii_save_menu_2.png

Edited by Sventex

[FU8AR]
Alpha Tester
471 posts
2,408 battles

And I was wondering why there seems to be a resurgence of game shops.  5ed D&D nailed it and is doing well.  I just spen 20 minutes in a mall store that sells board games along with the Funko POP and other collectables.  Recently two game stores that cater to the Magic an, Pokemon cards and also miniature wars games from WarHammer to a couple WW2 games that look neat until you see the price tags.

But with game companies getting hyper greedy with what can seem like a monopoly I can see why the appeal of pen and paper, cards, and/or miniatures based games are coming back.  One thing I do respect WarGaming for was the making premium consumables available for in game credits.  Before that it was funny so see people use 'gold' in ammo or consumable in public matches.  But I've also tried games that have the pay to win mentality.  An EA game was the absolute worst.  The way I remember was trying it and just getting destroyed by the pay to win players.  Kind of like a buddy saying "hey, you need to try World of Tanks!"  After downloading it, and rolling out in a T1 or LOLTractor, some guy in a Type 59 rolls by a spams HE at the ground next to your tracks to mess with you as your rounds bounce.

These microtrasactions are getting bad.  That Konami plan is an absolute shame.  Just when I don't think a game company could do something so bad to generate such ill will from their customers, some one has to do a "hold my beer" move.