You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Liv_e

Is it worth spending over $100 on the Missouri?

52 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
1,692 battles

Since WG decided to remove the 15% off 10k doubloon package before I was gonna buy two, Im not sure I want to drop like $150 for a Missouri

[-KAK-]
Members
98 posts
4,052 battles

If you've got experience with USN BB's say NorCar or Iowa, you should be able to reap the benefits of the MO. However if you don't have that experience it's gonna be rough to make her work and have her bring in the credits that most look forward too.

Regardless, she's a great ship to have when you're trying to buy t9+ ships and need the extra cash

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

If the amount of play value you'll get out of it is worth your 100$ IYO. Then the price shouldn't matter. 

But considering that there's FExp bonuses happening might as well hold out as long as possible until the global notification that she's officially going away arrives... unless you cannot wait; then the decision is entirely yours. 

There was a thread a little while back asking if Mo was worth 75$ might want to search that up for some answers from other players. In the event those same responders don't respond again to your queries. 

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
30 minutes ago, Liv_e said:

Since WG decided to remove the 15% off 10k doubloon package before I was gonna buy two, Im not sure I want to drop like $150 for a Missouri

just do it or option B just free exp and get a tier 10 and get the skin for the said ship. but in again the big mo is a credit maker and a fine ship.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
Just now, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

just do it or option B just free exp and get a tier 10 and get the skin for the said ship. but in again the big mo is a credit maker and a fine ship.

did i mention it has radar!

[TBW]
Members
7,189 posts
13,326 battles
11 minutes ago, _Pixi_ said:

Regardless, she's a great ship to have when you're trying to buy t9+ ships and need the extra cash

Just bought the DM Donskoi today and fitted her out with all of the upgrades and consumables. I haven't played her yet. She is Ship #199 in my port. I owe the credits for her and her upgrades (& the Free XP to research the  upgrades) to the Mighty Mo and scenarios.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

How you spend your money is only your decision. Why ask us? Our opinions are like water drops in the ocean. The MO is Exp .... pensive but will earn you back faster than not owning it.

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,643 battles
16 hours ago, Liv_e said:

For that kind of money, you can get a 2 T8 premium BBs and 300 20% credit flags and achieve the same effect, or 3 lower tier premiums + signal flags, etc. A Scharn or Nelson can be played in Operations for easy money and they are MUCH cheaper than Mizzou.

Also, you should look long and hard at your Iowa and other fast BB stats, and your overall T9 performance. Are you a steady, solid BB performer in high tier BBs? Than Mizzou is for you. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,111 posts
7,576 battles

It's your money, you decide whether it's worth it for you.

MO is an Iowa that prints money. And radar is useful once in a while.

Members
842 posts

Frankly if you're just looking at the credit-making potential, then NO, it's not worth it. You're far better off buying a T7 premium. 

If you just want a US training ship, then buy a lower-tier one. Arizona's a good deal, so is the Simms.

ONLY if you want the combination T9 BB with Radar, and can use that WELL, should you be dropping that kind of coin on it.

And yeah, just because the video says "Trump Wagon", doesn't mean the Missouri's that kind of nuclear-grade idiot.

Members
1,866 posts
48 minutes ago, _Pixi_ said:

If you've got experience with USN BB's say NorCar or Iowa, you should be able to reap the benefits of the MO. However if you don't have that experience it's gonna be rough to make her work and have her bring in the credits that most look forward too.

This is the only thing that saved me from sucking in it like so many others do. It's the new Derpitz. They're everywhere in T9, and her WR has dropped to 51%. I didn't pay close to $150 for it. I'm going to guess MO makes a return for Christmas.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,339 battles

NO

Here's how to farm that FXP with little hassle. 

1. play regularly per day, but save 50 detonation flags and all your exp flags (7 types in total).

2. do PTR and get the Oroboro flags etc.. as well as exp camo paints, by the end of the  year you can easily get 50 each of all 7 exp flags

3. get good at one of premium ships (which you can get from doing missions like the current Aigle one), DD is the best because torps chip huge chunk of ship's hp per hit, therefore, easy exp (you get rewarded % total hp damaged, not raw numbers, so cruisers burning dmg means jack crap)

4. once you saved all that flag, wait till a new week, do the PvE mission and get 5 stars, this will get you 24 hours of premium time.

5. now go cash in all your PTR reward, if you do all the PTRs and finish the 24 h our premium reward test missions, you can easily get 4 to 5 days total of premium time

6. now get in to your premium ship, equip all 7 exp flags and use the 8th slot to put on detonation flag, put on your exp boosting camo paints (which you can get for free doing PTR)

7 bonus if there's any exp boosting event

8. enjoy your easily 4-10k free exp per game

9. ????

10. profit

You get Premium ship exp bonus + premium bonus + flags x 7 bonuses + paint + event boost if applicable.  

at the basic 12500 exp per day (for 2 crates), you should already have 300k fxp at the end of the year easily. Plus the fxp from flags and premium time, you can easily far 7500k fxp for free and without excessive time investment. This is how I got my Missouri, planned for it many months ahead. After used up all the flags I have extra 450k fxp, later this year i'll put on all the xp flags again, and get the Musashi, for free, whatever left over goes to Nelson.

Edited by NeutralState
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,712 posts
9,935 battles
12 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

"worth it" is totally relative. For me... no way.

Yeah, I think it's a great ship, but no ship is worth $100. Like $50 maybe, $10 sure, but not $100.

Members
2,305 posts
8,761 battles
41 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

NO

Here's how to farm that FXP with little hassle. 

<...>

If this is little hassle, then I am prima ballerina assoluta.  Thank you WG for giving me Missouri, Nelson, and Musashi for just playing my favorite ships the way I wanted to play them, free of charge.

[KEGEL]
Members
157 posts
7,009 battles
1 hour ago, EAnybody said:

...And yeah, just because the video says "Trump Wagon", doesn't mean the Missouri's that kind of nuclear-grade idiot.

Lol.

This always bothered me as the Mighty Mo is a excellent ship to be compared to that Muppet.

I call mine the 'Buffett Boat' because it provides a superior return on my investment.

?

• Cool 1

[KNTAI]
Members
3,130 posts
7,988 battles

Battlewise, it's up to you. TBH, sometimes I wish I had a spotter plane over the Radar, but oh well. But if you want to farm credit/XP, it's pretty decent. Just try to remember the radar is highly situational, and thread at mid range as you'd usually do on a BB :cap_tea:

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,339 battles
23 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

Lol.

This always bothered me as the Mighty Mo is a excellent ship to be compared to that Muppet.

I call mine the 'Buffett Boat' because it provides a superior return on my investment.

?

Trump's tax bill is doing me wonders. 

[LEGIT]
Members
1,589 posts
23,934 battles
3 hours ago, Ivlerlin said:

But considering that there's FExp bonuses happening might as well hold out as long as possible until the global notification that she's officially going away arrives... unless you cannot wait; then the decision is entirely yours. 

I think the notes for the impending update state she leaving with the update.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
3 hours ago, Liv_e said:

Dude you are talking about throwing away $150 on some digital product that you cant feel or touch, is it THAT important to you? Is grinding silver in this game THAT hard for you without Missouri? Missouri is a good ship, but its most certainly NOT worth paying $150 bucks for it. Even taking it into consideration is ridiculous.

It can be a free ship if you have the patience to grind it out, the grind itself is not THAT long. Find a better way to spend your money dude.

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
526 posts
25,444 battles

Is it worth spending over $100 on the Missouri?

No.  And heck no.  Free XP?  Sure.  But $100 cash?  Nope.

It will be one of X number ships in your port.  You will play it, sure, but how much?  50 battles?  100 battles?  More?  Less?   My bet is you won't play it 50 times in the first month you have it so think about the $/battle equation and whether such is worthwhile to you.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF5]
Members
661 posts
23,307 battles

Here's the question you need to ponder. 750,000 Free XP at a 25/1 conversion since it doesn't look like there's going to be a 35/1 sale before 0.7.2 drops (likely next Wed) is 30,000 doubloons. That's assuming you have NO FXP. That's roughly $120. 

As you go up in Tiers, the ships get progressively more expensive to not only purchase, but also to outfit all the modules as well as play due to cost of service(without paying for perm camo). If you're at say Tier 7 or 8 and don't have 30+ million silver, you're likely going to have to sell some lower tier ships to get credits as well as having to play more low tiers to make money. 

If you're an average player and don't run premium time and are constantly silver poor, the question is do you want to continue to play at T-6 or T-7 since that's where you make the most silver in order to finance your higher tier play OR do you want to spend actual money converting elite xp to free XP so you can play a T-9 battleship that even in a bad game makes 200k? You're likely still not going to be able to just play high tiers, but having the MO will reduce the number of low tier games you have to play in order to play at T-8 thru T-10. 

At the end of the day, if you aren't making enough silver grinding a ship to be able to afford the next tier without having to sell the previous ship, do you want to spend money or time?