gaming__ogre

Aircraft hack or bad bug.

12 comments in this topic

[BNI]
Members
2 posts
246 battles

I was just playing a tier 6 carrier and the enemy fighter squadron killed my fighters almost instantly, then the same fighter squadron killed both bomber and torp bomber squadrons in 2 SECONDS! At the same time! That is one a second! He was the same tier and my carrier is fully leveled. Captain has 7 or 8 points leveled. Even when I am torn apart by a tier 8 it takes longer to die. Also, no ships/AA were in range. Looks like you should add a report function for hacking. Currently, I had to report him as a poor player.

Edited by gaming__ogre
  • Angry 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

This is why we need manual drops and strafing back in tier 4/5. 

• Cool 1

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
302 posts
5,140 battles
18 minutes ago, gaming__ogre said:

I was just playing a tier 6 carrier and the enemy fighter squadron killed my fighters almost instantly, then the same fighter squadron killed both bomber and torp bomber squadrons in 2 SECONDS! At the same time! That is one a second! He was the same tier and my carrier is fully leveled. Captain has 7 or 8 points leveled. Even when I am torn apart by a tier 8 it takes longer to die. Also, no ships/AA were in range. Looks like you should add a report function for hacking. Currently, I had to report him as a poor player.

Find the alt key on your keyboard.

you got strafed

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,344 posts
9,536 battles
Just now, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

now u could say strafed ability is broken since it doesnt use any ammo. or have they fix this? Yelt?

Oh, it chews through ammo.

[BNI]
Members
2 posts
246 battles

This is the first time I have heard of this. It seems a completely stupid thing to do. This may break me of playing carriers. And maybe the game itself. Why? Was this something in the real world? Why was I not told of this in the game. I watched all the training videos.

P.S. I thought the alt key was for information. Why tie two function to the same button? To hide it better? Might explain how I missed this even though I had to remap all the keys to my G-13, so I clearly went through the keybinding section.

Edited by gaming__ogre

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,351 battles
21 minutes ago, gaming__ogre said:

This is the first time I have heard of this. It seems a completely stupid thing to do. This may break me of playing carriers. And maybe the game itself. Why? Was this something in the real world? Why was I not told of this in the game. I watched all the training videos.

P.S. I thought the alt key was for information. Why tie two function to the same button? To hide it better? Might explain how I missed this even though I had to remap all the keys to my G-13, so I clearly went through the keybinding section.

1. The official Wargaming training videos aren't as good as the ones made by Youtubers.

2. You are partially right about the alt key. It's not really an "information" key, it turns on alternate battle interface, which shows the hitpoints in numbers and the ship class, along with the player name. You can find that in the settings, under the general tab. The options are off, on, and adaptive. I prefer adaptive because that turns in on against any enemy within range of my main battery, or whatever I'm aiming at with torpedoes. When it's off or on adaptive you can still turn in on with alt though.

Here:

You can also do a similar thing with bombers:

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,054 posts
14,457 battles

I highly suggest not to leave Tier VI CV until you feel comfortable using manual attacks and learn to deal with CV players using such attacks.  This ability used to be available to Tier IV-V CVs then WG took it away and would not even bother telling you, "Oh by the way, you have access to some critical play functions starting at Tier VI which wasn't possible before."

You MUST get the hang of manual attacks and playing around it before moving on.  From Tier VII on it gets absolutely merciless.  If you haven't learned to heavily rely on manual attacks past Tier VI it will be a nightmare for you.

As with previous tiers, there's always tricks to get people to lose their planes before you even engage them, strafing is the next big thing.

Do not, please, whatever you do, don't keep your planes in one big blob and you have no idea where the enemy fighters are.

But at least you learned about it in the first possible tier, OP, and can actually take steps to learn it, deal with it.  You're not like this guy here, a Tier X Hakuryu player that didn't know what strafing was.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway