Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Skarp_AGW

Xmas Crates Keep On Giving

11 comments in this topic

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

Got six ships from the Xmas crates, and enough Gold to buy two more from the Tech-Tree.

The only one I had had played more than a handful of games in was the Alabama that I got from the Tech-Tree. Awesome ship, love it.

With the current Aigle missions one of the requirements is to set 10 fires. No sweat, grabbed my Mogami and played a couple games.... one fire. Hmmm.... what sets fire? Russki stuff sets fires like a caffeinated pyromaniac. Thats when I remembered that one of the ships I had plucked from a crate was a Molotov.  Good rep as a squishy Gunbote.

Loaded it up, and took it for a spin. Holy Sh!t! Seven fires in the first game. This thing is crazy strong. A Jack-of-all-Trades, Master of most. Took out a Budyonny that tried to ambush me in two quick AP salvos with multiple citadels. I'm going to like this thing. :cap_like:

Edited by Skarp_AGW

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
16 minutes ago, Hellgrunt said:

I did much better with the 2016 holiday crates

In 2016 I got three ships. Many more this time, so I have not even played them all. I have a Sims that I haven't even loaded modules in to. To top it off there was the DoY missions that allowed me to pick up an Ernst Gaede. So many new ships.

[RLGN]
Members
12,303 posts
22,049 battles

To me Molotov is too long, too slow firing, (compared to Budyonny,) and too likely to explode from something as minor as being pooped on by a seagull.

Yet another in a long line of supposedly ‘good’ ships I can’t get to work worth a large rodent’s bottom.

Good job though, OP.

(-)

Sims... Yet another despised ship...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[INTEL]
Members
1,591 posts
13,545 battles

I received the Molotov in the Xmas crates as well and I cant make it work consistently. A friend uses it when we div up for ops and constantly drops 200k damage matches with it. 

[A-D-F]
Members
1,062 posts
8,167 battles
4 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's a fun glass cannon.

Da, is true. Molotov lives up to it's name. Like the traditional glass container for said incendiary cocktail, she's fragile. Very fun for operations though. In PVP she was fun until everyone realized she was just a bit more dangerous than the American XP Pinata Pensacola...

Members
1,257 posts
7,272 battles

The Molotov needs to stay at the very edge of its max gun range, do damage, then vanish for while. The key is staying alive to the final minutes of the battle. Man, this thing has tier 9 guns at tier 6! Don't give up your broadside.

[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,665 battles

Still have 20 xmas crates that I have not opened, maybe I should, the curiosity is killing me...lol

Sign in to follow this