You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Feedback requested

84 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,006 posts
9,654 battles

Alright, so as far as I can gather, from reading the clan rules again, may not have made the correct decision:

• Last week, if memory serves, I had noticed QP clan was doing sync queuing with whoever got a Corgi account. From inquiring here, and a moderator's clarification (forget name atm), apparently sync queuing is flat out forbidden, divisions are fine.
  • I included a snapshot showing clanmates did not seem to appreciate the sync queue's forbidden, basically calling them out in public
  • Couple of their officers go into damage-control mode, basically taking responsibility and some assurance that it's not happening again
  • Logged in earlier, noticed they apparently kicked me out. Checked with a couple DMs, it seems they blocked me.
  • I am wondering if calling out my own clanmates publicly was a mistake to begin with. See, when it comes to something that is objectively wrong or unfair, in this case rigging MM with a Corgi clanmate, I believe it is the moral duty of all involved to be public about it--lets say clan A decides to use a clan B to rig a rating to get higher into the CW leagues, everyone in either clan (by my take) has to tell WG here "we are not playing fair, just so you know." This ensures the unacceptable activity stops.
  • My tentative conclusion is it'd have been wiser to simply get things clarified--without calling out clan publicly--and bring that clarified information in our Discord, and be clear that if this happens again, I'll have no choice but to inform WG.
  • What I found interesting is they outright ostracized. Mistakes happen, and if one of them had used DM in forums, I'd have gotten the notice and been happy to listen to their concerns, annoyance, whatever, so long as it could be resolved. I'd have preferred to be given the benefit of the doubt, as thinking things through is sometimes difficult, but no offense taken.

I think that's everything insofar as I can piece together. Will edit OP if anything else comes (though may not remember to since normally just post replies).

My concern is did not make the best decision. Did I figure it out, or miss something? Thanks for the help!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
22,028 battles
10 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Alright, so as far as I can gather, from reading the clan rules again, may not have made the correct decision:

• Last week, if memory serves, I had noticed QP clan was doing sync queuing with whoever got a Corgi account. From inquiring here, and a moderator's clarification (forget name atm), apparently sync queuing is flat out forbidden, divisions are fine.
  • I included a snapshot showing clanmates did not seem to appreciate the sync queue's forbidden, basically calling them out in public
  • Couple of their officers go into damage-control mode, basically taking responsibility and some assurance that it's not happening again
  • Logged in earlier, noticed they apparently kicked me out. Checked with a couple DMs, it seems they blocked me.
  • I am wondering if calling out my own clanmates publicly was a mistake to begin with. See, when it comes to something that is objectively wrong or unfair, in this case rigging MM with a Corgi clanmate, I believe it is the moral duty of all involved to be public about it--lets say clan A decides to use a clan B to rig a rating to get higher into the CW leagues, everyone in either clan (by my take) has to tell WG here "we are not playing fair, just so you know." This ensures the unacceptable activity stops.
  • My tentative conclusion is it'd have been wiser to simply get things clarified--without calling out clan publicly--and bring that clarified information in our Discord, and be clear that if this happens again, I'll have no choice but to inform WG.
  • What I found interesting is they outright ostracized. Mistakes happen, and if one of them had used DM in forums, I'd have gotten the notice and been happy to listen to their concerns, annoyance, whatever, so long as it could be resolved. I'd have preferred to be given the benefit of the doubt, as thinking things through is sometimes difficult, but no offense taken.

I think that's everything insofar as I can piece together. Will edit OP if anything else comes (though may not remember to since normally just post replies).

My concern is did not make the best decision. Did I figure it out, or miss something? Thanks for the help!

So let me get this straight.You called out clan members for having zero integrity and they booted you? Without a peep before hand they just booted you?

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Integrity is judged by those of no integrity it seems,I say welcome the removal from the clan and get as far away from them as possible. Good On you for showing Integrity.

• Cool 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles
45 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Wait? Is sync dropping forbidden? In general or just cause of the corgis? Seems kinda silly but ok.

Just in the case of the event.  There's no rule against it otherwise.

[5D]
Members
3,043 posts
19,430 battles

Seems to be a bit over the top to just drop you like that with no discussion or anything.

QP's loss will be another clan's gain.

Players like you are always welcome in Fifth Dimension.

• Funny 1

[OO7]
Members
6,035 posts
13,061 battles

Last Corgi event there were reports of clans sync dropping with their member who was a corgi captain, apparently to farm the rewards from that corgi. That is match rigging and contest rigging. It was immediately made known to us corgis that sync dropping with the corgi to rig was not allowed.

Divs are OK as you end up on the same team. Sync dropping can put you on the enemy team.

That's rough @Reymu, having integrity and getting the cold shoulder from your clan.

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,006 posts
9,654 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Integrity is judged by those of no integrity it seems,I say welcome the removal from the clan and get as far away from them as possible. Good On you for showing Integrity.

Find that a bit odd--but maybe that's just me overthinking things. Guess sleep on it, return to the matter, see if any other line of thought appears.

7 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Seems to be a bit over the top to just drop you like that with no discussion or anything.

QP's loss will be another clan's gain.

Players like you are always welcome in Fifth Dimension.

True--but have to wonder if this implies an unforgiving attitude towards anyone who makes the clan look bad. Now, intentionally doing so, I can understand the block, but honest mistake as in my case, definitely overreaction.

As for the clan offer, shoot a PM. If pretty much a casual clan and a bit more understanding of honest screw-ups, I'll consider it.

1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

Last Corgi event there were reports of clans sync dropping with their member who was a corgi captain, apparently to farm the rewards from that corgi. That is match rigging and contest rigging. It was immediately made known to us corgis that sync dropping with the corgi to rig was not allowed.

Divs are OK as you end up on the same team. Sync dropping can put you on the enemy team.

That's rough @Reymu, having integrity and getting the cold shoulder from your clan.

Yikes! Makes me wonder if WG will change something with future Corgi events to combat this problem.

Will add, I'm a bit surprised at the affirmation that I had integrity. Was expecting something like when I got chat banned for telling everyone one match "our CV is afk" and I was clueless until after asked on these forums what the heck was going on.

Edited by Reymu

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Members
1,907 posts
7,232 battles

So, if I'm reading correctly...you went straight to WG with this instead of your clan's leadership?

[edited]'s sake, I'm not surprised they dropped you quicker than State Farm after a DWI.

If a clan didn't drop you after that, I would place their intelligence under serious suspect.

QP has no issues with integrity and playing by the rules.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this is almost a total fabrication.

Edited by _V12
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles

I think it's a pretty stand up thing for you to do what you feel is the right thing.  As far as the Corgi sync drop thing, there was contradictory stuff said.  Radar_X said it was forbidden, yet other folks said that Nico himself was doing it and said it was OK in the live stream.

I can't believe your clan kicked you out without a word for that.  Your ex-clan left a pretty sour taste in my mouth about the way they kicked people out to only take their best players into clan wars.  It's certainly their right, but I'd not have done it.  This though really feels wrong to me.  I'm sorry they did you that way.

[DPG]
Members
1,749 posts
7,804 battles
2 minutes ago, _V12 said:

So, if I'm reading correctly...you went straight to WG with this instead of your clan's leadership?

[edited]'s sake, I'm not surprised they dropped you quicker than State Farm after a DWI.

They knew what they were doing was shady.  Who wants to be with people like that anyway.  Guilty by association and what not.  However, I probably would have said "Hey guys what you're doing is shady" and then immediately reported the offenders.

[DPG]
Members
1,749 posts
7,804 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

I think it's a pretty stand up thing for you to do what you feel is the right thing.  As far as the Corgi sync drop thing, there was contradictory stuff said.  Radar_X said it was forbidden, yet other folks said that Nico himself was doing it and said it was OK in the live stream.

I can't believe your clan kicked you out without a word for that.  Your ex-clan left a pretty sour taste in my mouth about the way they kicked people out to only take their best players into clan wars.  It's certainly their right, but I'd not have done it.  This though really feels wrong to me.  I'm sorry they did you that way.

I think other Corgis were allowed to sync drop because even if they sank each other they weren't eligible for rewards.  What they were doing was sync dropping with a clan mate who was a corgi in order to gain a pretty good chance they'd be on opposite sides.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
4 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

I think other Corgis were allowed to sync drop because even if they sank each other they weren't eligible for rewards.  What they were doing was sync dropping with a clan mate who was a corgi in order to gain a pretty good chance they'd be on opposite sides.

That might be it, there was so much sync dropping going on, it's confusing about who was doing what and which was correct.  I think you're right though.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,730 battles

I don't think enough people cares about clan drama. There's basically zero interaction between clans and none clans in game other than occasionally queued in to the same match in the form of going against a win rate farming division from the clan. People pretty much think negatively of clans due that that fact. There's also very few, in terms of proportions, of the player base actually visit, or knows this forum. 

• Cool 1

[KRAB]
Members
877 posts
7,323 battles
6 minutes ago, _V12 said:

If a clan didn't drop you after that, I would place their intelligence under serious suspect.

QP has no issues with integrity and playing by the rules.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this is almost a total fabrication.

Actually, the "rank and file" members thought sync dropping was fine. I didn't participate for other reasons, but nothing malicious was in play that I was aware of

I suspect it was just a misunderstanding of the rules for most of the people involved. 

Even if it wasn't, you should have talked to the officers first to try and dissuade them from breaking the rules. If they refused, report them all day and night. If they are trying to farm an event it only hurts the game and everyone else involved. 

[CUTER]
Members
825 posts
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

I will bite on this.  Let me explain this to you, so even your brainpan can understand this.  YOU WENT AROUND THE CHAIN OF COMMAND.  

Your loyalty should always be to your clan first (for games anyways).  Someday, you will learn what this means.  If you think that you are being a whistle blower of some kind, please provide video proof of the actual sync drops and those offending parties.  If not, get over your toxic drivel.  Statements are one thing, actual proof is something else.  Recommend you actually TALK TO YOUR LEADERSHIP BEFORE MAKING PUBLIC ACCUSATIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAN.  If then you see a problem, then go ahead and address it with them citing the rules infraction they are violating.  If they do not correct it, then feel free to take it to the Mods/Devs.  But why take it to the boards?  Oh I know, you wanted fame and positive stroking for your little wee ego getting approval from others in public while dragging your own clan/mates through the mud.

Sure, you took the moral high ground here (lol)...you black balled yourself and cannot figure out why you got booted.  Well, I hope my post helps clear this up.  We gave you the same courtesy you gave us when you made the post, blind siding your leadership, shipmates, and ...friends.  The leadership is there for you to approach, not circumvent and throw under the bus.  I have zero respect for people like you and how you handled the situation.  Grow up...I bet people like you are not well liked in the work place or in other places...

Needless to say, you were the last straw in my reason to leave the clan as a leader.  Backstabbing gets old really quick.  Its ok though, Karma is a [edited].

• Cool 2

[CUTE]
Privateers, Supertester
728 posts
8,824 battles

Hi there! Commander of Quality Potatoes here (leadership changes...).

To clarify some things:

@Reymu made a post about our sync dropping with a clan-member Corgi. However, he not only "named and shamed", but also posted a picture of our Discord, which was not OK.

After @Radar_X mentioned that it was not "sportsmanlike", we stopped immediately. Former clan leadership apologized in the thread and opted to take responsibility if any punishments were to happen from WG. None happened afaik.

Immediately after they posted their apologies, -QP-'s leaders, including myself, immediately kicked Reymu from our clan and our Discord without notice.

Some of you have mentioned that this was done "without integrity", however you must understand that Reymu essentially "threw us under the bus"; he didn't express his concerns with the clan, and he especially didn't do so with our leadership. For all hew knew, he could have gotten our entire clan banned because he wanted to take the moral high-ground. And may I remind you that he himself took part in the sync drops before posting this. In our eyes we were removing a threat to our clan.

Reymu not only called out those of us who willingly participated in the drops, but also the other 50+ members who didn't take any part in them, nor have any knowledge of them.

And again, to clarify from the original post, nothing malicious was meant by those drops to begin with. We weren't "farming"; our Corgi died by the hands of random players far more times than he died by a clan mates hand. (AFAIK, only one of us got him and they offered to have their reward revoked). 

17 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Your ex-clan left a pretty sour taste in my mouth about the way they kicked people out to only take their best players into clan wars.  It's certainly their right, but I'd not have done it.  This though really feels wrong to me. 

And because of that, -QP- is one of the top clans on the server; welcome to competitive play.

As for "integrity", as @Slick_Komodo just posted, the only one lacking it here was @Reymu for the "back-stabbing" he performed when he posted the original thread. He avoided the chain of command, threw his entire clan under the bus, and tried to play himself off as the hero. Good riddance.

• Cool 4

[DPG]
Members
1,749 posts
7,804 battles
2 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

To clarify some things:

@Reymu made a post about our sync dropping with a clan-member Corgi. However, he not only "named and shamed", but also posted a picture of our Discord, which was not OK.

After @Radar_X mentioned that it was not "sportsmanlike", we stopped immediately. Former clan leadership apologized in the thread and opted to take responsibility if any punishments were to happen from WG. None happened afaik.

Immediately after they posted their apologies, -QP-'s leaders, including myself, immediately kicked Reymu from our clan and our Discord without notice.

Some of you have mentioned that this was done "without integrity", however you must understand that Reymu essentially "threw us under the bus"; he didn't express his concerns with the clan, and he especially didn't do so with our leadership. For all hew knew, he could have gotten our entire clan banned because he wanted to take the moral high-ground. And may I remind you that he himself took part in the sync drops before posting this. In our eyes we were removing a threat to our clan.

Reymu not only called out those of us who willingly participated in the drops, but also the other 50+ members who didn't take any part in them, nor have any knowledge of them.

And again, to clarify from the original post, nothing malicious was meant by those drops to begin with. We weren't "farming"; our Corgi died by the hands of random players far more times than he died by a clan mates hand. (AFAIK, only one of us got him and they offered to have their reward revoked). 

And because of that, -QP- is one of the top clans on the server; welcome to competitive play.

As for "integrity", as @Slick_Komodo just posted, the only one lacking it here was @Reymu for the "back-stabbing" he performed when he posted the original thread. He avoided the chain of command, threw his entire clan under the bus, and tried to play himself off as the hero. Good riddance.

Out of curiosity but how does one "take the moral high ground" or "he could have gotten our entire clan banned" if nobody was doing anything wrong.  The guy would have just looked like a schmuck.  There is a reason why family members of employees of Coca-Cola aren't allowed to enter those "open a crap ton of caps" contests.

• Funny 1

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

It's difficult for me to comment because I believe you were right, but also wrong at the same time.

By that logic, I'm neutral.

See the movie "Crimson Tide" for clarification.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
186 posts
6,819 battles
7 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

To clarify some things:

Lets just get to it. You knew it was shady and he called you out on it. You must have went to the Trump school of damage control. The issue isn't chain of command, you are telling me that none of your clan knew it was unethical to sync drop with other clan members who were Corgis to game the system? Really? All for what 250 doubloons and some signals. LOL

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

Not taking sides, things like this is the reason WG may not do events like  this in the future.

So Niko was doing it? Is he not leaving WG?      What would they do fire him?

I need some popcorn.............................

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles
3 minutes ago, Crack_God said:

How do you people breathe?

Well breathing is involuntary and it is a good thing because most are too stupid or to lazy to do it on their own.

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles
1 minute ago, Crack_God said:

Me and my 50 corgi kills disagree with this being wrong.

Is this supposed to mean something? I am not sure what your meaning is here.