You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kconvey_1

Goodbye PVE

135 comments in this topic

Members
1,819 posts

Well I came back for a few months and now its time to leave again, it seems they have a serious issue with players playing primarily pve again and decided to leave us out of almost every event in the last 2 months. Maybe they will fix coop/operations but im not going to hold my breathe or pay them anymore money while they figure it out. 

To anyone asking why this post is needed, is that unlike a subscription based game, there is no exit poll, on why did you leave when you quit. YOu just stop buying anything and the devs, community people have NO idea why people quit or stopped playing/paying, so this is needed.

Edited by Kconvey_1
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 15
  • Bad 1

Members
1,819 posts

Now that has me thinking that if a player doesnt sign in for maybe 30 days, they send an exit poll asking them why they stopped playing? This could allow them to at least get a good idea what is causing people to quit. When I was advocating for raiding changes in Cataclysm, they had alot of exit polling from people quitting saying that Raiding was just too hard and they made changes accordingly, now they went far far overboard as LFR was too easy in that incarnation, but at least they attempted a solution. 

Maybe then we would see some changes to things that are making players walk away tier 5/6 matchmaking, lack of pve options, or anything else. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
14,629 posts
9,254 battles
2 minutes ago, Kconvey_1 said:

Now that has me thinking that if a player doesnt sign in for maybe 30 days, they send an exit poll asking them why they stopped playing? This could allow them to at least get a good idea what is causing people to quit. When I was advocating for raiding changes in Cataclysm, they had alot of exit polling from people quitting saying that Raiding was just too hard and they made changes accordingly, now they went far far overboard as LFR was too easy in that incarnation, but at least they attempted a solution. 

Maybe then we would see some changes to things that are making players walk away tier 5/6 matchmaking, lack of pve options, or anything else. 

I had to uninstall and reinstall and got an exit poll and n the middle. You could just do the same.

Members
1,819 posts
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

I had to uninstall and reinstall and got an exit poll and n the middle. You could just do the same.

Ahh I dont uninstall unless they change the graphics engine, so I never saw that. 

[OO7]
Members
4,016 posts
10,678 battles

CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Cool 1

[SQUAD]
Members
7,914 posts
8,323 battles

On a related note, does this mean you'll no longer be posting in the forums? Inquiring minds, and all that.

On a direct note, there's this: While I, too, played a crapton of PvE rounds, I never felt like I was being left out or disrespected. I was playing easy(most of the time) mode. I always understood that easy mode means less rewards, and less events to take part in. When an event required PvP play, I played PvP, and therein is the difference between you and I. I also found a clan with a ton of players I really enjoy playing with, yet another difference between you and I.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,699 posts

It is a shame WG don't support PvE more, especially with the numbers that appear to play it; I guess any loss of revenue (whatever mode is played) will be bad for business and I know plenty of PvE players spend money on the game. I think being included in the patches(insignia) would have been great and this last PTS mission set was fantastic for PvE players - I posted a thank you thread lol.

You haven't particularly screamed or shouted at WG in this post but merely stated your case; sad that a few jump on the 'woohoo let's say bye bye to another player', as that is one less person putting money back into the game. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

Members
1,819 posts
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

On a related note, does this mean you'll no longer be posting in the forums? Inquiring minds, and all that.

On a direct note, there's this: While I, too, played a crapton of PvE rounds, I never felt like I was being left out or disrespected. I was playing easy(most of the time) mode. I always understood that easy mode means less rewards, and less events to take part in. When an event required PvP play, I played PvP, and therein is the difference between you and I. I also found a clan with a ton of players I really enjoy playing with, yet another difference between you and I.

Last thread, Ill answer and respond to posts in this thread but not start or respond to any other threads. Does that answer your question?

You are clearly quite a bit better player than I am, its very easy to play pvp when you are good at it. Its very hard to play if you are not, after trying and failing to get better at pvp. And getting frustrated with all the complaining, stat bashing, cheating,harrasing,  mm garbage, etc that came with pvp , that pve is the only real option. 

[SUCIT]
Members
998 posts
4,053 battles
1 minute ago, Kconvey_1 said:

Last thread, Ill answer and respond to posts in this thread but not start or respond to any other threads. Does that answer your question?

You are clearly quite a bit better player than I am, its very easy to play pvp when you are good at it. Its very hard to play if you are not, after trying and failing to get better at pvp. And getting frustrated with all the complaining, stat bashing, cheating,harrasing,  mm garbage, etc that came with pvp , that pve is the only real option. 

You know, you could just ask for help instead of saying you're quitting.  Many people here, including myself, would help you out with any questions you have. 

No one on this game started out as a super-unicum.  We were all potatoes at one point, and we all asked others for tips and advice.  I would advise you do the same.

• Cool 2

Members
21,778 posts
5,717 battles

Ironic. I've been playing mostly operations lately. Rewards seem quite good, and I earned the Normandie and Bretagne while playing them.

• Cool 1

Members
1,819 posts
Just now, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

You know, you could just ask for help instead of saying you're quitting.  Many people here, including myself, would help you out with any questions you have. 

No one on this game started out as a super-unicum.  We were all potatoes at one point, and we all asked others for tips and advice.  I would advise you do the same.

I tried that route early on, it produced.. not good results for whatever reason. Probably because its more than just learning or skill, luck, talent,reflexes and pay to win ships all play big factors in addition to skill. This did not work, its pve or nothing now. 

Members
1,819 posts
4 minutes ago, joris92 said:

Indeed, when you uninstall you get directed to an exit poll.

Im going to have to do that this time, I usually just walk away and go play another game. HD too large!

[NLIST]
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

I find this post hilarious because literally NEXT week we are getting a new PvE scenario. And I'm sure many of the missions will be PvE inclusive.

[USCC2]
Members
4,699 posts
1 minute ago, KyourakuShunsui said:

I find this post hilarious because literally NEXT week we are getting a new PvE scenario. And I'm sure many of the missions will be PvE inclusive.

Actually, there haven't been many missions for PvE. There has been the odd sporadic mission, but I think Vampire was the last big one. The ones currently on the PTS = more than I've seen altogether since the Vampire mission.

[SUCIT]
Members
998 posts
4,053 battles
Just now, Kconvey_1 said:

I tried that route early on, it produced.. not good results for whatever reason. Probably because its more than just learning or skill, luck, talent,reflexes and pay to win ships all play big factors in addition to skill. This did not work, its pve or nothing now. 

That's a terrible attitude and you will never actually get better if you view it that way.  It isn't more than just learning, its actually taking the time to learn.  

This game is not pay to win at all.  The only premiums that I can think of that are at the tops of the boards are the Kaga, the Saipan, the Gremmy and the Imp. Nikolai.  Two of these ships aren't sold any more, and the Kaga and the Saipan are the same class at the same tier.  I can honestly say, I've never been killed in any ship and thought "That guy is using a P2W ship, that's why he was able to kill me!"

Members
1,819 posts
5 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

That's a terrible attitude and you will never actually get better if you view it that way.  It isn't more than just learning, its actually taking the time to learn.  

This game is not pay to win at all.  The only premiums that I can think of that are at the tops of the boards are the Kaga, the Saipan, the Gremmy and the Imp. Nikolai.  Two of these ships aren't sold any more, and the Kaga and the Saipan are the same class at the same tier.  I can honestly say, I've never been killed in any ship and thought "That guy is using a P2W ship, that's why he was able to kill me!"

You could have won the gremmy or the Imp for santa, all it takes is money or luck. Anyone with enough money could have had a Imp as recently as 2 months ago. Though I do find it amusing you say that while possessing 3 of the 4 ships. 

Edited by Kconvey_1

Members
1,819 posts
1 minute ago, centarina said:

drama.jpg

Whats drama in this post? I just stated my point and reasoning and that is it, Im not starting fights in this post. 

Members
4,719 posts
7,528 battles
28 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

It is a shame WG don't support PvE more, especially with the numbers that appear to play it; I guess any loss of revenue (whatever mode is played) will be bad for business and I know plenty of PvE players spend money on the game. I think being included in the patches(insignia) would have been great and this last PTS mission set was fantastic for PvE players - I posted a thank you thread lol.

You haven't particularly screamed or shouted at WG in this post but merely stated your case; sad that a few jump on the 'woohoo let's say bye bye to another player', as that is one less person putting money back into the game. :Smile_honoring:

I also have a problem with those who seem delighted when a player leaves. Need to encourage players to stay.  The more players the better. Also the more players the better MM can be.

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 2