STQarmor

Bye-Bye WOWS

17 comments in this topic

Members
22 posts
400 battles

My computer was recently cleaned of Malware/Spyware.

Afterwards, I played WOWS.  My Ship Control Setup was gone; and, I had to play with the Default Settings; thus, I was totally ineffectual as a CV Player.

I tried to Reset my Gameplay Control Settings; but, it wasn't happening.

So, I Uninstalled WOWS; and, Downloaded WOWS from the Website; and, Installed WOWS.

After 4 Hours of Downloading, after the Re-Install, I have at least another 2 Hours of Downloading to do.

So...I am recalling my NavyField 1 and NavyField 2 and World Of Warships Gaming Experiences.

NavyField 1 and NavyField 2 and World Of Warships have been advertised as a WW2 Naval War Simulation Game System.  Each of these MMOGs feature WW1 and Pre-WW1 Warships; as well as, Paper Warships (Real Life Warship Designs that never were Laid Down; or, that had Construction Halted before completion; or, that were Redesigned & Reconstructed as a Different Warship Class , but before Construction was completed, after being Laid Down).  Each of these MMOGs have interesting Gameplay Features that the other MMOGs don't have.  Each of these MMOGs have Cheat Code Mechanics that favor Multi-Year Players over Newbie Players.

EXAMPLE:  In NavyField 1, I Bought & Dismissed over 100 Sailors to acquire SS Sailors with 12+ Attributes for Torpedo Operation and Air Supply Endurance and Submarine Movement; and, trained them from FF to SS.  In NavyField1, most Warships can be sunk with 4 "Direct-Hit" Torpedoes; as opposed to, "Proximity Fuse" Torpedoes.  The Player has the option of using either "Direct-Hit" Torpedoes or "Proximity Fuse" Torpedoes.  I chose "Direct-Hit" Torpedoes for the Higher Damage Results; instead of, the "Proximity Fuse" Torpedoes that have Higher To-Hit Chances with Lower Damage Results.  In NavyField 1, SS1s have a very short Underwater Air Supply; generally, just enough to Dive beyond a BB6s Main Gun Range and make a Torpedo Attack Run on the BB6 then retreat from the BB6 to resurface beyond the BBS6s Main Gun Range; if, the BB6 isn't moving directly away from the SS1, or moving directly towards the SS1, during the SS1s Underwater Attack Run.  In NavyField 1, I have been consistently able to hit BB6s with 4 Torpedoes with my SS1 causing Severe Damage (50%) to, or Sinking, the BB6s; because, the BB6 is engaged in combat with another Friendly Surface Warship; thus, is distracted and unaware of my SS1 making its Attack Run.  In the NavyField 1 Forums, BB6 Players consistently complain about SS1s sinking BB6s; and, that SS1s shouldn't be able to do so at all.  When I quit playing NavyField 1, I was consistently experiencing Game Booting right after my Legit SS1 Torpedo Attack that could severely Damage, or Sink a BB6+, Warship; thus, when I returned to the battle, my SS1 Torpedo Spread misses entirely, or only does Minor Damage to, the BB6; and, my SS1 has taken Severe Damage from Enemy Fire and is soon Sunk by another Volley of Gunfire; or, my SS1 has been sunk before I return to the battle.

WOWS has Newbie Abuse Cheat Codes concerning IJN CV1 Torpedo Bombers.

Having grown up thinking about Naval Warship Designs from my Elementary School Age thru my 20s, I am very much interested in exploring Naval Warship Technology and Battle Tactics & Strategies; but, NavyField 1 and NavyField 2 and World Of Warships don't offer the type of Gameplay Mechanics that I am looking for.

And with the frequent Booting from Battles that I am experiencing, World Of Warships isn't worth the trouble that I am having.

So...I cancelled the Download Process; and, Uninstalled World Of Warships for good; and, I won't be playing World Of Warships in the future.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[DENY]
Members
8,915 posts
9,903 battles

Well ok then. Good luck finding any game that adheres to your needs 100%.

I have a feeling you're gonna be really bored, soon.

[SYN]
Members
8,123 posts
13,587 battles

Why do people think we care they are quitting a game? I mean... maybe if you were a well-known community member that was giving up the game but...

With only 400 matches, you never really even started the game lol,

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
8,851 posts
15,701 battles

Just what ya need to make you feel better.

Your in need of Doctor Tarr and Professor fether.

and thus the Raven "Never More".

Aloha Oe

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,584 posts
15,005 battles
1 hour ago, STQarmor said:

My computer was recently cleaned of Malware/Spyware.

Afterwards, I played WOWS.  My Ship Control Setup was gone; and, I had to play with the Default Settings; thus, I was totally ineffectual as a CV Player.

I tried to Reset my Gameplay Control Settings; but, it wasn't happening.

A lot of TMI and tldr: .....

So...I cancelled the Download Process; and, Uninstalled World Of Warships for good; and, I won't be playing World Of Warships in the future.

How is it that I have close to 5k games in WoWs and I have never seen any issues with this mystical "Ship Control Setup"?

Do you realize that there is a small check.exe program that you can download from WG and it will repair and download any missing or damaged files?

That would have saved us from your touching personal story and not wasted all those precious download hours.

GG

[PVE]
Members
3,952 posts
22,257 battles
1 hour ago, Lancer240 said:

You had me at "uninstall...."

He had me at the title "bye-bye WOWs"...figured he wasn't responding to any replies after that if what he was staying was true...& besides...TL/DR