You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Can the König Albert get buffed and raised to tier 4

14 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,271 battles

I really like playing the König Albert, I enjoy low tier play as a break from time to time. However the König Albert is one tier to low, at tier 3 you will face teams of up to 8 destroyers at a time making the ship worthless to play. Give her a buff and move her to tier 4 where we can play her consistently against the other tier 4 BB's and cruisers and not simply be destroyer food all the time.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,737 posts
3,895 battles

Congratulations, it's already been done.

Go into the German tech tree and re-purchase the tier 4 Kaiser for silver.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[OO7]
Members
6,098 posts
13,099 battles

The problem was it was too powerful at t3 and has been removed from the game. It's not getting buffed and I have a hard time seeing them change a premiums tier

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,594 posts
15,119 battles

They would have to offer a refund to every current owner of the Konig Albert to move it to tier 4 - not likely to happen.  There are a slew of equally fantastic tier 4 ships to troll with already, Ischzuchi, Orion, Nikolai lead the pack.  Just move up and use one of them ( Orion is a tech tree version and is as powerful as the other two overall - especially since it has workable AA ).

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,271 battles
21 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

The problem was it was too powerful at t3 and has been removed from the game. It's not getting buffed and I have a hard time seeing them change a premiums tier

I used to squash Nikolai's with this ship all the time. I know it is super powerful and as a ship owner I would not mind it not being as powerful and playing it at a higher tier if I could get games with a better mix of BB's cruisers, and DD's.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,271 battles
Just now, BiggieD61 said:

They would have to offer a refund to every current owner of the Konig Albert to move it to tier 4 - not likely to happen.  There are a slew of equally fantastic tier 4 ships to troll with already, Ischzuchi, Orion, Nikolai lead the pack.  Just move up and use one of them ( Orion is a tech tree version and is as powerful as the other two overall - especially since it has workable AA ).

What is funny is I seal club in my Wyoming all the time....the Nikolai is the one ship I drool over but can never get and it makes me sad lol. I probably spent $200 bucks on gift boxes last year trying to get it. I got the Emden, Prinz Eugen, and another ship. I asked wargaming if I could trade all of them for the Nikolai.....lol of course the answer was no.

[KSC]
Supertester
2,215 posts
13,091 battles
23 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

König Albert is one tier to low, at tier 3 you will face teams of up to 8 destroyers at a time making the ship worthless to play. 

5a90756164a08_exasperatedgif.gif.9df516286da4bcad6b5b259fcce64208.gif

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

It's the sister ship of a T4. It was always supposed to be T4. While WG makes sister's different if ship A is not severely weak at a given tier and Kaiser isn't, it's pretty competitive at T4, nerfing ship B won't be enough to make the ship fit in at the lower tier. Mutsu and Mushashi are T7's and T10's in all but official name. Then there's the history, sister ships are basically clones they should be at the same tier, slight differences aren't enough to change it, both historically and gameplay wise. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,696 posts
36 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

What is funny is I seal club in my Wyoming all the time....the Nikolai is the one ship I drool over but can never get and it makes me sad lol. I probably spent $200 bucks on gift boxes last year trying to get it. I got the Emden, Prinz Eugen, and another ship. I asked wargaming if I could trade all of them for the Nikolai.....lol of course the answer was no.

I think I I paid 11.99 for my Nikolai.   If I could I’d be happy to sell it to you for $200.  I rarely play it.  My Ark B is much better.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,271 battles
35 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I think I I paid 11.99 for my Nikolai.   If I could I’d be happy to sell it to you for $200.  I rarely play it.  My Ark B is much better.

lol I had the Arkansas beta but I sold it, I thought it was inferior to the Wyoming. My strategy when facing Nikolai's is to ignore AP and just HE spam them and burn them out.

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles

dust collector.  gimme another 0.5km range and I'll take it for a spin more often.  

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,737 posts
3,895 battles
15 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

lol I had the Arkansas beta but I sold it, I thought it was inferior to the Wyoming. My strategy when facing Nikolai's is to ignore AP and just HE spam them and burn them out.

My strategy vs Nikolai is to torpedo it from outside my spotting range.