You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

The T6 Pensacola aka Salt Lake City

31 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,620 posts
23,991 battles

ST, American cruiser Salt Lake City, tier VI (ex-Pensacola, moved one tier down, the stats were corrected accordingly)

Hit points – 31200. Plating - 19 mm. Armor belt – 76-102 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 4%.

Main battery - 2x2 203 mm, 2x3 203 mm. Firing range – 14.2 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2800. Chance to cause fire – 14%. Maximum AP shell damage - 4500. Reload time - 15 s. 180 degree turn time - 45 s. Maximum dispersion - 131 m. HE initial velocity - 792 m/s. AP initial velocity - 792 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

Maximum speed - 32.5 kt. Turning circle radius - 620 m. Rudder shift time – 9.1 s. Surface detectability – 12.8 km. Air detectability – 7.8 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 7.3 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Defensive AA Fire/Hydroacoustic Search

Slot 3 - Catapult Fighter

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers.

The numbers are preliminary and are subject to change during the testing phase.

The new name is a placeholder until the ship is released to avoid confusion with the existing one. Original name will be returned upon release.

p3EEI7n.jpg

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,735 posts
3,895 battles

As pointed out in the other thread: These are the stock hull's stats. Don't forget that there will also be an upgraded hull.

The ship is virtually unchanged from T7, just had her HP slightly reduced.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,921 posts
1,693 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

Torpedo damage reduction – 4%.

Honestly, what's the point of that?  It's not even enough to change the texture of your ashes.

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,695 posts

All the US cruisers that are downtiered ought to be left pretty much alone.   Otherwise what is the point of down tiering them.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
10,114 posts
15,538 battles

aoba does have 10 sec reload, so 36shot per min.  vs 40 shot per min.         aoba could use bit of help  (may be wider angle on the torp)

[O7]
Members
595 posts
9,919 battles
Just now, centarina said:

aoba does have 10 sec reload, so 36shot per min.  vs 40 shot per min.         aoba could use bit of help  (may be wider angle on the torp)

Actually, AFAIK Aoba is one of the few Japanese CAs that can fire torpedoes forward.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,735 posts
3,895 battles
1 hour ago, Feminist said:

So this ship gets 10 guns and Aboa only gets 6? OP much?

The 6-gun, tier 5 Furutaka does more damage and wins more often than the 10-gun, tier 7 Pensacola.

Don't get your knickers in a twist.

• Cool 1

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,992 battles
12 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

The 6-gun, tier 5 Furutaka does more damage and wins more often than the 10-gun, tier 7 Pensacola.

To be fair though, Furytaco does have a really good torpedo arc and can be seriously mean when used right with islands. Aoba is the one that gets bombed on due to seeing tier 8's.

[CASUL]
Members
256 posts
3,751 battles
15 hours ago, Feminist said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ooooo....my kidneys...AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Have you PLAYED the pensa? It might be OP if it was downtiered to 4. It was a sh*tbote at T7, and will still be a sh*tbote at T6.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,735 posts
2,129 battles
1 hour ago, Xylphan said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ooooo....my kidneys...AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Have you PLAYED the pensa? It might be OP if it was downtiered to 4. It was a sh*tbote at T7, and will still be a sh*tbote at T6.

Pfft.

Yeah, but like, no.

Pensacola's great sin was her high skill floor. She, especially after Cleveland, was hard to learn, and that meant most people don't do well in her.

I'll be honest, if we don't get a premium tier VII Salt Lake City that is Pensacola as she is currently in game, I'll be upset. Fragile hull or not, she was agile, stealthy, and she hits like a truck. She's got a pretty decently high skill ceiling. If You know what you're doing she's devestatingly strong.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
4,058 posts
5,440 battles
4 hours ago, Phoenix_jz said:

Pfft.

Yeah, but like, no.

Pensacola's great sin was her high skill floor. She, especially after Cleveland, was hard to learn, and that meant most people don't do well in her.

I'll be honest, if we don't get a premium tier VII Salt Lake City that is Pensacola as she is currently in game, I'll be upset. Fragile hull or not, she was agile, stealthy, and she hits like a truck. She's got a pretty decently high skill ceiling. If You know what you're doing she's devestatingly strong.

I don't see how a tier VII New Orleans or Indianapolis wouldn't do the exact same thing that Pensacola does only better. 

[-BRS-]
Members
1,954 posts
9,924 battles
20 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Great advice. I always wait and see then judge... Too many alarmists.

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,735 posts
2,129 battles
1 minute ago, Aetreus said:

I don't see how a tier VII New Orleans or Indianapolis wouldn't do the exact same thing that Pensacola does only better. 

Pretty much, although Indy never felt quite as agile as Pensacola. NO I haven't played yet (unlocked, but I'm broke AF, can't afford to buy and outfit her).

All you really trade is a 10-gun broadside  (5-5) for a (generally) more efficient 6-3 9-gun broadside... Assuming everything keeps the 4 rpm RoF... To be totally honest I'm waiting to pass judgement until I can see the upgraded hulls. Until then, these are all downtiered stock hulls.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
21 hours ago, Feminist said:

Aoba gets torps.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
32 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

Pretty much this, well NOLA perhaps.  I actually prefer the Pensacola to the Indianapolis.  Pensacola is a smaller target and more maneuverable, not to mention has slightly more HPs.

Alpha Tester
4,058 posts
5,440 battles
24 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

Pretty much, although Indy never felt quite as agile as Pensacola. NO I haven't played yet (unlocked, but I'm broke AF, can't afford to buy and outfit her).

All you really trade is a 10-gun broadside  (5-5) for a (generally) more efficient 6-3 9-gun broadside... Assuming everything keeps the 4 rpm RoF... To be totally honest I'm waiting to pass judgement until I can see the upgraded hulls. Until then, these are all downtiered stock hulls.

Pensacola is I'd say very likely to lose the Mark 19 shell and the better ricochet angles with it. The overall gun performance will likely drop to similar to the IJN 8"/50 gun, using a mid 20's deisgn shell- I think it would be Mark 12 or something. The comparison against Molotov is too favorable otherwise, and Molotov is already a bit too much ship in the right hands.

New Orleans is going to see something like 4.2-4.6rpm fire from 5.0, along with losing radar OFC. Expect her to be considerably tankier than she is at T8.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles
32 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

I'm still scarred by my NOLA experience.  I'd rather play my Pensacola stock than play NOLA.  For the record, I unlocked my NOLA about a week before the Tirpocalypse, and was not smart enough to just not play it for a while.