You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Dev Blog Update- Looks like USN cruiser split is about to start testing

137 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,734 posts
2,129 battles

TL;DR - 

The new tier VI Pensacola is going into testing, but using the placeholder name of Salt Lake City, her sister (and the actual ship our Pensacola is modeled off of, fun fact).

The above stats appear to be stock.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,120 battles
6 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

TL;DR - 

The new tier VI Pensacola is going into testing, but using the placeholder name of Salt Lake City, her sister (and the actual ship our Pensacola is modeled off of, fun fact).

The above stats appear to be stock.

Gib line split already!

[HINON]
7,734 posts
2,129 battles
1 minute ago, renegadestatuz said:

Gib line split already!

I swear, I'm totally not drooling over a picture of Helena right now...

• Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Members
3,004 posts
3,304 battles

Finally. Now we can dispense freedom properly at all tiers.

Would be great if they released the line for Memorial day or July 4th.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
806 posts
5,652 battles

Yep, looking forward to this one.

Askew of topic; since when are ships' whistles in the stacks?  I understand they probably did it because of sprite generation and such, but... no.  Please, it would be cool if they were installed in the actual locations (which are all well marked on every naval blueprint I've ever seen) but this is worth doing right if at all.

-R

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,155 posts
3,894 battles

If they make the Pensacola worse to down tier her I want my money back on my Premium camo.

She wasn't good enough to be a Tier 7, so nerfing her to be a Tier 6 is stupid.

And yes, that makes her better than the Aoba, the other Tier 6 CA. However, since the Aoba is more or less the worst Tier 6 Cruiser, I'm not really sure why we're asking the Pensacola to be comparable. That's like asking the doctor to break your other foot instead of fixing the one you came to see him about.

• Cool 5

[VFW]
Members
1,282 posts
25,886 battles
2 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

If they make the Pensacola worse to down tier her I want my money back on my Premium camo.

She wasn't good enough to be a Tier 7, so nerfing her to be a Tier 6 is stupid.

And yes, that makes her better than the Aoba, the other Tier 6 CA. However, since the Aoba is more or less the worst Tier 6 Cruiser, I'm not really sure why we're asking the Pensacola to be comparable. That's like asking the doctor to break your other foot instead of fixing the one you came to see him about.

I like the Pepsi....it's a high skill ship that does well if used properly...and fun.  Not a good beginner ship.   The Pepsi is my goto ship if I need to accomplish a Citadel mission.

vr

[HINON]
7,734 posts
2,129 battles
Just now, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

How are her current stats compared to these tier 6 stats?

As of now, from what we can see (devblog doesn't show a lot of stats)...

This tier VI version of her appears to be current A-hull Pensacola, minus 700 health, and that's basically it.

[O_O]
Members
806 posts
5,652 battles

[...] the Aoba is more or less the worst Tier 6 Cruiser [...]

I understand that this is a common sentiment, but it's one I just don't get.  I loved the Aoba, significantly more than Myoko in fact.  For whatever reason her guns worked with my play stile and the torpedoes that were actually useful made her a great ship to play.

That said, I'm not rushing back to play her and don't even own her at the moment.  The only Tier VI I enjoy more is probably the Graf Spee.  Guess that makes me weird.

-R

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,120 battles
1 minute ago, Phoenix_jz said:

This tier VI version of her appears to be current A-hull Pensacola, minus 700 health, and that's basically it.

Just remember that what they show on the dev blog is the stock hull. So she will still have upgrades and a top hull.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,061 posts
1,649 battles
1 minute ago, Phoenix_jz said:

So, less health, worse AA, and slower turret traverse.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,155 posts
3,894 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

How are her current stats compared to these tier 6 stats?

They're her Class A Hull stats from when you first get the ship.

You essentially are losing a module slot, Rudder Shift, Concealment, AA, and HP im exchange for being a Tier lower but largely seeing the same matchmaking. Tier 7 already saw 5s. 6s can't see 4s because of protected MM, and Tier 9s were very rare at Tier 7 for her.

So right now the Pensacola looks objectively worse than her already poor Tier 7 showing.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
1,150 posts
23 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

I swear, I'm totally not drooling over a picture of Helena right now...

image.jpeg.58fa94940c62fe4d4e629ce7dd8c5bbb.jpeg

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,120 battles

You essentially are losing a module slot, Rudder Shift, Concealment, AA, and HP im exchange for being a Tier lower but largely seeing the same matchmaking. Tier 7 already saw 5s. 6s can't see 4s because of protected MM, and Tier 9s were very rare at Tier 7 for her.

So right now the Pensacola looks objectively worse than her already poor Tier 7 showing.

Just remember she will have upgrades and a top hull as well. This is stock hull at tier 6 being shown. We don’t know yet what her upgraded stats will look like.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,155 posts
3,894 battles
3 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

I understand that this is a common sentiment, but it's one I just don't get.  I loved the Aoba, significantly more than Myoko in fact.  For whatever reason her guns worked with my play stile and the torpedoes that were actually useful made her a great ship to play.

That said, I'm not rushing back to play her and don't even own her at the moment.  The only Tier VI I enjoy more is probably the Graf Spee.  Guess that makes me weird.

-R

But the Aoba is still objectively a bad ship, as is Pensacola. I loved both and have pretty damn good results in them, but you gotta look at what they're capable of too. They just don't compare to other Cruisers they face at a high level of play. This should be fixed, and moving an unchanged Pensacola to Tier 6 was step 1 and should be tested that way.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,155 posts
3,894 battles
1 minute ago, renegadestatuz said:

Just remember she will have upgrades and a top hull as well. This is stock hull at tier 6 being shown. We don’t know yet what her upgraded stats will look like.

It doesn't say it's stock anywhere.

[SVF]
Members
1,349 posts
1,821 battles

That literal BB-level turret traverse is going to be very painful.

Edit- Never mind, didn't realize stock Pensa currently had a 45s traverse as well.

Edited by landcollector

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,120 battles
Just now, Madwolf05 said:

It doesn't say it's stock anywhere.

Upcoming tech tree ships on the dev blog are always shown in stock hull along with their heir stock hull stats. @Doomlock

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
6 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

The listed / revealed stats still potentially could be her "stock" version stats released to the public. Upgrades could be under NDAs for the Testers. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,297 posts

Penicola goes back on the trash heap after the switch then....Didn't like it at tier 7, will like it less at tier 6. Head to head I'll take the Buddy, De Grasse, and Leander hands down.

[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,294 posts
8,796 battles

Helena may actually make me want to open the client again. I took care of buying all the necessary ships and blanking all of my captains back in December, mite be cool.