_Sarcasticat_

US or German Documents on the War Reparation Ships T-36 and Z-39 Destroyers

9 comments in this topic

[MIA-P]
Beta Testers
18,964 posts
4,798 battles

Heya peeps,

I'm looking for anything and everything on these two German war reparation ships given to the US. I'm almost absolutely certain that the USN, like the NavTechJap and the Naval Tech. Mission to Europe documents, will have information in great detail about the two of them and if anyone has any digitalized copies to share with me I'd love to see them.\

Thanks!

P.S. if anyone happens to have information on the Type 1939 "Elbing-class" Fleet Torpedo Boats (of which T-36 is apart of) please get with me to share. 

[MEIST]
Members
1,335 posts
5,004 battles

The T-36 was sunk 5 May 1945, damaged by a mine near Swinemünde and sunk by Soviet bombing.  The T-35 was seized by the U.S. and designated DD 935.

[MEIST]
Members
1,335 posts
5,004 battles

T-35 was part of the 5th T-Flottila, T35 only operated in the Baltic Sea where it supported the retreating German army units. Handed over to the British on 06.07.1945. Given to the US for trials on 11.07.1945 and renamed as DD 965 . Transferred to France in 1947 as spare part reserve for other Flottentorpedoboote 1939. It was scrapped in October 1952.

[MIA-P]
Beta Testers
18,964 posts
4,798 battles
3 hours ago, jager_geist said:

The T-36 was sunk 5 May 1945, damaged by a mine near Swinemünde and sunk by Soviet bombing.  The T-35 was seized by the U.S. and designated DD 935.

2 hours ago, jager_geist said:

T-35 was part of the 5th T-Flottila, T35 only operated in the Baltic Sea where it supported the retreating German army units. Handed over to the British on 06.07.1945. Given to the US for trials on 11.07.1945 and renamed as DD 965 . Transferred to France in 1947 as spare part reserve for other Flottentorpedoboote 1939. It was scrapped in October 1952.

Looking for something slightly more comprehensive. 

[MEIST]
Members
1,335 posts
5,004 battles
1 hour ago, StrixKitty said:

Looking for something slightly more comprehensive. 

https://www.history.navy.mil/search.html?q=DD+935

This link will take you a site with several photos that were taken by the US Navy during trials at Boston. There isn't much documentation but the photos I thought were interesting.

[TAW]
Members
66 posts
9,226 battles

Hi, I have most of the naval technical mission to japan reports. I would like  a pdf copy's of the naval technical mission to Europe reports, If you can find the full set I would love to have a copy. - Thanks you

[MIA-P]
Beta Testers
18,964 posts
4,798 battles
On 2/23/2018 at 3:41 PM, jager_geist said:

https://www.history.navy.mil/search.html?q=DD+935

This link will take you a site with several photos that were taken by the US Navy during trials at Boston. There isn't much documentation but the photos I thought were interesting.

I actually have those. Wish there was doc's though. 

On 2/23/2018 at 4:30 PM, Battleship1987 said:

Hi, I have most of the naval technical mission to japan reports. I would like  a pdf copy's of the naval technical mission to Europe reports, If you can find the full set I would love to have a copy. - Thanks you

Everyone wants a set, but I only have 3 and 2 of them are useless - small arms and electrical fuses - and the third is machinery shaft packing. 

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,992 battles
On 2/26/2018 at 7:10 AM, StrixKitty said:

I actually have those. Wish there was doc's though. 

Everyone wants a set, but I only have 3 and 2 of them are useless - small arms and electrical fuses - and the third is machinery shaft packing. 

https://catalog.archives.gov/id/6852348

Have to pay to get the full set of files though and it has everything on that Destroyer and Eugen.

[MIA-P]
Beta Testers
18,964 posts
4,798 battles
4 hours ago, Azumazi said:

https://catalog.archives.gov/id/6852348

Have to pay to get the full set of files though and it has everything on that Destroyer and Eugen.

Ironically I'm actually in a discussion with the National Archives for a quote on that and 2 more sets of documents. 

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this