You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BullpupWOT

Tier 2 battleship?

42 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I started the French Cruiser line about 10 minutes ago with my first battle in the Jurien (it should only take 1 or 2 more to be on to the Friant). I didn't check the line-ups because it was 3v3 and my team had a BB so I figured it was a tier 3 battle the MM was forced to add me to just to get a battle going. 

After we won I noticed that we were all tier 2s and the BB was something called a Mikasa?

Where the hell did that thing come from? 

Members
150 posts
1,968 battles

It’s an IJN tier 2 premium battleship. Very inaccurate from what I hear, but some people enjoy it.

Edited by Gramzon_the_Dragon

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles

It's the most adorable premium ship in game. Need more be said?

Yes in fact, more needs to be said.

It's an IJN pre dreadnought with 4 300mm guns with awful accuracy, but very strong secondaries and good armor for it's tier.

Edited by megadeux
  • Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,063 battles
Just now, Gramzon_the_Dragon said:

It’s a Soviet tier 2 premium battleship. Very inaccurate from what I hear, but some people enjoy it.

IJN, not Soviet

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,657 battles

Yeah look up "Battle of Tsushima straight" for more historical information (or just Battle of Tsushima for some people)

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,063 battles
5 minutes ago, Gramzon_the_Dragon said:

Gimme a minute! Mobile is being slow with edits! D:

NO! Forum demands accurate information! :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
646 posts
4,282 battles

It's a weird little ship, it was given as a reward awhile back. The 4 guns on it are wildly inaccurate and short ranged, but the secondaries are pretty fearsome. One of these days I'm going to put together a full secondary build captain for it for the lulz.

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,657 battles

I only wish it wasn't the only T2 battleship, it would be kind of fun for WG to introduce it's arch-nemesis the BORODINO , or USS MAINE, just to spice up the T2 BB duels... (not that I ever play T2, but still, variety is always nice)

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,984 posts
9,947 battles
1 hour ago, Gramzon_the_Dragon said:

It’s an IJN tier 2 premium battleship. Very inaccurate from what I hear, but some people enjoy it.

1 hour ago, megadeux said:

with 4 300mm guns with awful accuracy

Well I only play her in co-op but I have a 46% main battery hit ratio (was at 50% for a while) . lol

50 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

whatever you do don't get with in secondary range of the thing...

11 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

going to put together a full secondary build captain for it for the lulz.

3.8 K range with a build like this . However I do not use Manual Secondary's commanders skill as I like plowing into the bots and watching 32 secondary's  blazing away out of both sides of her ; 16 to a side  .

:Smile_honoring: 

• Cool 2

Members
2,487 posts
2,344 battles

Was in the premium shop and tech tree for a long while too before it was cycled out like a month or so ago. 

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,017 posts
9,113 battles
1 hour ago, Baron_Von_Krieg said:

It kinda looks like the Titanic .  

Funny you should say that. If wikipedia can be believed she did sink. However, they raised and restored her so now she’s a museum ship in Japan. She has the distinction of being the world’s only pre-dreadnaught battleship.

Edited by SavageTactical
  • Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,358 posts
9,551 battles

She was given out for free, she shows up in the premium shop for cheap from time to time. It you don't take it seriously, she's a blast to run as long as your sober enough to avoid the islands.

WG's video on it

A far funnier tour of her (not my work, but it's cute)

Edited by SgtBeltfed

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles
1 minute ago, SgtBeltfed said:

She was given out for free,

I'm very sorry I wasn't around for that, since she is also a very good representation of what a British pre-dreadnought would look like, for reasons @TheStarSlayer has already covered; she was British-designed-and-built under contract for the IJN. It's one of the reasons we won't see British PD's in the tech tree anytime soon; they would be free carbon-copies of her, minus small differences in armour scheme etc., and people who paid money for her would have every reason to be very annoyed.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
607 posts
9,449 battles

Someone used "Mikasa" and "accuracy" in the same sentence!?  LOL  What's accuracy? :Smile-_tongue:

When she first rolled out, she was more useful, for lack of better word, since she would see T1's.  But when they put T1's into their own area, Mikasa's usefulness dropped to near zero (from just slight above zero).  They should do one of two things, if not both, to her: 1) Give her the ASM0 mod, 2) Buff the dispersion of her main guns.  Then she could be a bit more useful.:Smile_great:

Regardless, I still take mine out every now and again and let her secondaries eat all the things. :Smile_izmena:

1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Wish LWM would redo her review on her, simply because I really like how she does them now.  The Format is quite nice. :Smile_great:

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,358 posts
9,551 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm very sorry I wasn't around for that, since she is also a very good representation of what a British pre-dreadnought would look like, for reasons @TheStarSlayer has already covered; she was British-designed-and-built under contract for the IJN. It's one of the reasons we won't see British PD's in the tech tree anytime soon; they would be free carbon-copies of her, minus small differences in armour scheme etc., and people who paid money for her would have every reason to be very annoyed.

There's a lot of variation in pre-dreadnoughts, HMS Victoria would be an amusing one. Not effective, but amusing. 

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
2 hours ago, BullpupWOT said:

Where the hell did that thing come from? 

from the land of un-usable gun range.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles
21 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

There's a lot of variation in pre-dreadnoughts

It depends on where you start drawing the line. Mikasa is very representative of the Majestic-class and all that followed - William White's ships - which is where some would argue the true British pre-dreadnoughts begin. Those are the vast majority of the pre-dreadnought BB's that survived to WW1 and fired their guns in action in that war. 

Others would include the open-barbette designs extending back to the Collingwood, as they had the same basic design philosophy. The "turret ships" of this period (Hood 1893, Nile, Trafalgar, Victoria, Sans Pareil) are their own peculiar thing, there because people in high places demanded them, not necessarily because the naval architects thought they were the optimal design to build. However, only one of the Admiral class survived into WW1 (Revenge ==> Redoubtable), and even she didn't fight with her original armament but with her guns lined down to 12" (probably because there wasn't enough original-vintage 13.5" ammunition for her), and only as a shore-bombardment ship. So I tend to regard those ships as being in a different, earlier category.

You do start getting marked differences in the King Edward VII and Agamemnon classes, but they have mixed main batteries and would cause implementation difficulties.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,861 posts
13,078 battles
9 hours ago, Dr_Dirt said:

from the land of un-usable gun range.

...from the land of unusable guns.  Seriously, it's like one shell goes right and the other goes left.  Not from two different turrets...but from the SAME turret.

Well, the secondaries are nice...but anything that close is probably there to torp you.  Which reminds me...dodging torps in this ship is like dodging bullets in the matrix..with the bullets going full speed and you...you go slow speed.

I still run it every now and then, just because.