Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Operation Hermes trailer

9 comments in this topic

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
793 posts
2,038 battles

Operation Hermes would be great if the thunderstorm was only cosmetic and didnt make it incredibly hard to shoot ships.

[-ARP-]
Members
731 posts
14,903 battles

Operation hermes is great because it makes ships hard to shoot....

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
793 posts
2,038 battles
22 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Operation hermes is great because it makes ships hard to shoot....

No. The inability to distinguish ships because contrast inside the thunderstorm between the ships the ocean and the background sky is almost nonexistant to my eyes... that makes the operation garbage. I shouldnt have to fight the game to even be able to see the ships to shoot at them. Ive taken to just sailing around the thunderstorm now on the PTS, because I literally can not see when Im in it and its not fun.

Moreover anything that makes my ship perform worse thats out of my control is terrible. Weather that affect gameplay and night battles that make my ship perform worse is 110% awful and shouldnt be implemented. Keep this stuff cosmetic.

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
793 posts
2,038 battles
6 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Here you go: No graphics to get in the way.

Aww cute... but in the normal game (ie anything that isnt this garbage operation) I can see perfectly and shoot well enough. But when the game turns into "hunt for the ship thats almost the same colour as the background its set against it" stops being fun and starts being terrible. I literally can not discern where the ship is to even attempt to lead it properly. My eyes are incapable of seeing the ship in the rest of the sea of grey.

Again why should I have to fight the game to even attempt to play normally? I remember when cyclones were first implemented, people thought it was great... then it made it to live and people hated it... and their chance to appear was nerfed (thankfully). Cant wait for that to happen here. Gameplay shouldnt be changed by weather or time of day, thats 110% awful. No one should have to fight the game to be able to play the game.

Members
100 posts
352 battles
51 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

Aww cute... but in the normal game (ie anything that isnt this garbage operation) I can see perfectly and shoot well enough. But when the game turns into "hunt for the ship thats almost the same colour as the background its set against it" stops being fun and starts being terrible. I literally can not discern where the ship is to even attempt to lead it properly. My eyes are incapable of seeing the ship in the rest of the sea of grey.

Again why should I have to fight the game to even attempt to play normally? I remember when cyclones were first implemented, people thought it was great... then it made it to live and people hated it... and their chance to appear was nerfed (thankfully). Cant wait for that to happen here. Gameplay shouldnt be changed by weather or time of day, thats 110% awful. No one should have to fight the game to be able to play the game.

Have you tried running one of the colorblind filters? At least for me they help to find the enemy ship markers in the storm easier. 

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
793 posts
2,038 battles
5 minutes ago, Verios44 said:

Have you tried running one of the colorblind filters? At least for me they help to find the enemy ship markers in the storm easier. 

I shouldnt have to enable a filter for one specific portion of the game when i can otherwise see just fine. (Not to mention I can see the markers just fine... I cant see the actual ships, which means Im forced to guess and hope I can hit something which isnt fun) Nah... I'll just avoid playing the op after I get 5 stars for the rewards. And I'll just sail around outside the storm, and only shoot at stuff Im actually physically able to see.

Sign in to follow this