You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Weewoozesty

Dumbest reasons you've received TK status

79 comments in this topic

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles

Somewhat risky shot in co-op hit and killed a friendly DD.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,317 posts
16,323 battles

I once got to show my support for Cancer Awareness and Research for 12 games for setting 1 fire on a Friendly Iowa with my Udaloi. The BB suffered 11k total damage, survived the fire and died 10 minutes later when a Izumo rammed him. That was the last time I was pink the next day my Laptop died and I spent 3 months without a way to play the game. Needless to say I try to avoid doing any team damage besides a bit of friendly ship rubbing. 

[WOLF2]
Members
426 posts
7,980 battles

A week or so ago I was in a DD shooting at a BB and didn't notice another dd coming up colliding with me. He was low health and my rear  guns just knicked him for the tk.

I was like What just happened??? 

Anyway, apologized but he didn't say anything. Wonder if he realized?? :Smile_hiding:

[DPG]
Members
1,766 posts
7,931 battles

They should come up with some kind of death match scenario where every ship is fair game.

• Cool 1

Members
2,512 posts
4,197 battles

I was in my Leander with a friendly Gneisenau fighting an enemy Colorado.  Gneisenau sails past the Colorado so I think it's safe to launch my torpedo's.  I watch in horror as the Gnei's sails around the Colorado and aligns with him on the far side. Sunk both the Colorado and the Gneis.

[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,769 posts
7,726 battles

Lobbed a salvo over an island, turns out the friendly ship was a lot closer to the enemy than I expected and was going for a ram and rng decided to make my BB dispersion land right on top of him.

[WK]
Members
1 post
4,827 battles

playing a Hosho CV in Co-op. lined up a two squadron torp drop on an enemy BB tangling with a friendly bot BB at pretty close range. thought I was safe dropped fish as the friendly completed his drive by. Torps landed in the water behind him and cleared his stern, impacted the enemy and killed him. Watched in horror and fascination as the friendly BB turned a 180 around the enemy to the other side just in time to catch a single torp to the nose. he flooded from something like 80% to nothing and died giving me a 22 game pink ticket.  

Beat head against keyboard... again

[OBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
184 posts
8,884 battles

My "grandcat-in-law" decided to jump onto the computer desk and try to catch the mouse...at the exact same moment I was lining up a torpedo run.  First drop went fine, but the mouse moved and the second one...well, there may have been a teammate there lol.  The poor victim didn't deserve it, but props to him for taking it in stride after I apologized and explained what happened.

[XBRTC]
Members
3,142 posts
10,011 battles

I'm still pissed about my stupidest one. I initiated the thing with careless torps--I freely admit that, and owned the pink for the first part of the punishment--but what really pissed me off about the situation was that every time I'd go into a co-op battle some [edited] would ram me just for the lulz, and usually before I'd even started moving out of spawn. I wound up playing 20-30 games as pink, just out of some dickhead thinking it was his place to add extra penalty.

Members
3 posts
930 battles
23 hours ago, DarkStormy said:

Iv'e gotten TK  status only once, a dumb BB driver decided it would be a good idea to steam right through a  multiple DD fight, He ate a full spread of my torps.

Iv'e since become alot more cautious about when and where I torp. 

22 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I was under the assumption that they removed friendly 2ndary fire many updates ago...can you supply a screenshot of post battle showing a 2ndary kill on the friendly.

I feel like the confusion is my fault as I accidently said "is" instead of "was" I am talking about dumbest reasons in total such as when secondary friendly fire was a major issue.

My most recent TK status I feel is justified as I had to bite the bullet and kill a friendly CV who was intentionally manual dropping torps on allied BBs.  Leaving my lone Tirpitz to fend off 3 Montanas by my self as opposed to the 3 Montanas that were on my side who surely would have helped greatly.

I regret nothing in that case.

My dumbest one is from the one mentioned, DD getting between two german BBs slugging it out.

Members
3 posts
930 battles
42 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I'm still pissed about my stupidest one. I initiated the thing with careless torps--I freely admit that, and owned the pink for the first part of the punishment--but what really pissed me off about the situation was that every time I'd go into a co-op battle some [edited] would ram me just for the lulz, and usually before I'd even started moving out of spawn. I wound up playing 20-30 games as pink, just out of some dickhead thinking it was his place to add extra penalty.

Yeah, a good way to solve that is to just go Coop on off peak hours, get an all bot team and work that way.  Bots may be dumb but atleast they're not malicious.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles
4 hours ago, Top_Gun_1999 said:

A Bismarck that I killed with my shima torps ...... at 11.9km away

Honestly once the torpedoes have been in the water that long it entirely the recipients fault as far as i'm concerned. Whilst Bismark can't move as drastically, a cruiser in the run time of those torps could pull a 180 and end up a good 3km+ in the opposite direction to the one he was travelling in when you dropped the torps, some dd's can push 7km. Thats such a radical movement that if you were to restrict dropping torps to whenever absolutely no one on your team could possibly move into the path of your torps you'd never be able to drop any.

• Cool 1

Members
2,072 posts
2,712 battles

One shot from my Khab went a bit awry and hit a friendly GK close by (I could have sworn my line of fire was clear).

...it set a fire. 

Edited by Rion12

[PVE]
Members
4,150 posts
22,432 battles

Personally it's been so long I can't even remember the last time I got turned pink...if there was somewhere that told how long it's been since you ran each ship I could tell you exactly as I know it resulted in Black Swan Co-Op battles (that's where I do my volunteer work for breast cancer awareness). It's the least likely place to run into this scenario...

11 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Thoughts on a couple German BB related comments...

19 hours ago, Palladia said:

I was in my Leander with a friendly Gneisenau fighting an enemy Colorado.  Gneisenau sails past the Colorado so I think it's safe to launch my torpedo's.  I watch in horror as the Gnei's sails around the Colorado and aligns with him on the far side. Sunk both the Colorado and the Gneis.

As soon as you said friendly Gnies I knew where this was going (coulda been any BB w/torps)...I caused a couple pink statuses in the Gnies/Derp...betting he shot 1 set of torps & was spinning around to set the other rack up. Something to look out for in future when you have a BB w/torps in a close on knife fight w/(any ship but especially) another BB.

8 hours ago, Carl said:

Whilst Bismark can't move as drastically

[edited]..German BBs have been known to dodge a full torp spreads from point blank range (provided they have the 20% rudder shift)...no excuse from that range even w/out rudder sift upgrade.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Personally it's been so long I can't even remember the last time I got turned pink...if there was somewhere that told how long it's been since you ran each ship I could tell you exactly as I know it resulted in Black Swan Co-Op battles (that's where I do my volunteer work for breast cancer awareness). It's the least likely place to run into this scenario...

As soon as you said friendly Gnies I knew where this was going (coulda been any BB w/torps)...I caused a couple pink statuses in the Gnies/Derp...betting he shot 1 set of torps & was spinning around to set the other rack up. Something to look out for in future when you have a BB w/torps in a close on knife fight w/(any ship but especially) another BB.

[edited]..German BBs have been known to dodge a full torp spreads from point blank range (provided they have the 20% rudder shift)...no excuse from that range even w/out rudder sift upgrade.

A Pensacola pulls a 90 degree turn in around 15 seconds. Tirpitz is 25, (both off the top of my head i do have the data saved). Thats a big diffrance for how far they can move in a torpedoes runtime after they pull a 180. Tirpitz has 10-20 seconds depending on torpedo. Pensacola has 30-40.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I shot an AFK CV, to wake his [edited]up, too bad I caught him on fire and 4200 dmg later I was pink =/ (No, he didnt die, literally pink for 4200ish damage).

[PVE]
Members
4,150 posts
22,432 battles
58 minutes ago, Carl said:

A Pensacola pulls a 90 degree turn in around 15 seconds. Tirpitz is 25, (both off the top of my head i do have the data saved). Thats a big diffrance for how far they can move in a torpedoes runtime after they pull a 180. Tirpitz has 10-20 seconds depending on torpedo. Pensacola has 30-40.

Is that base stats or is the 20% rudder shift taken into account...I run it on all my BBs/CAs/CLs & assume quite a few others do also.

But as you said (& I agree with) in 11+km there's no reason any ship shouldn't be able to avoid torps...especially a German BB as they have the best maneuverability of all the BBs (at least it would seem so from the insane torpedo beats they've managed that other BBs just don't seem to be able to pull off).

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

Rudder shift knocks a few tenths of a second off minimal effect for any turn over 30-40 degrees.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
On 2/23/2018 at 5:06 AM, Weewoozesty said:

My most frequent reason for getting TK status is because of dumb Destroyer captains driving inbetween my battleship and the one im brawling with and getting shredded by the secondaries.

I mean come on, what do they think is going to happen when they squeeze in between two brawling german boats.  Its not the first time either, I feel like the brain is incapable of keeping up with a destroyers speeds.  It's the only scientific explaination I can think of.

You know why that happens? Because you weren't watching them and you were probably blocking their torp angles trying to steal their kill.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:43 AM, Bill_Halsey said:

For me it's this:

1. Warned an Iowa 7 km from a NC that I was going to fire torps.

2. Fired torps announced that.

3. Told Iowa to go into reverse .Twice

No acknowledgement. Sail right into the torp spread. TK'd. him. Asked him why he didn't listen. He apologized. *face palm*

Lesson learned. Don't bother helping in a BB brawl. just wait and kill the winner if its the reds. If they complain, just say. "Don't want a TK."

Yea. I spam F9 too on them but they often don't turn away. Tunnel vision. Many times I just wait for the friendly to die (most common)  and then launch rather than trying to help because of it.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles
7 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Yea. I spam F9 too on them but they often don't turn away. Tunnel vision. Many times I just wait for the friendly to die (most common)  and then launch rather than trying to help because of it.

Part of the problem is that in a brawl your often heavily focused on managing angle vs more than one thing whilst watching seconder angles and reload times, it's easy to get tunnel visioned.

[XBRTC]
Members
3,142 posts
10,011 battles
1 hour ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I shot an AFK CV, to wake his [edited]up, too bad I caught him on fire and 4200 dmg later I was pink =/ (No, he didnt die, literally pink for 4200ish damage).

You're right, that is a pretty stupid reason for you to have turned pink.

In what universe do you think that shooting someone who's not at their computer, or has the game minimized (and therefore not making sound) will magically cause them to appear?

[BSL]
Members
1,015 posts
17,519 battles
On 2/23/2018 at 4:41 AM, DarkStormy said:

Iv'e gotten TK  status only once, a dumb BB driver decided it would be a good idea to steam right through a  multiple DD fight, He ate a full spread of my torps.

Iv'e since become alot more cautious about when and where I torp. 

550 battles...just wait.  Peeps do the dumbest things.  Most of the times for me, I'm looking long range firing main guns and someone sails right next to me below my line of sight.

Members
2,512 posts
4,197 battles
7 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I'm extremely paranoid with my torpedo's now days.  If anyone is anywhere near a potential fire zone I hold them.  That match was the main reason why,  that was actually the SECOND friendly fire incident I had caused.  The first had been an enemy steaming up a channel towards me and another Gneis.  I lauched torpedo's and the Gneis citadel'd the guy to death and kept going.  Didn't try to avoid my torpedo's ((Not trying to avoid blame,  I shouldn't have launched them)) and when I apologized in chat,  he promptly launched HIS torpedo's into my side.

Actually avoided anything with torpedo's for like a half a year after that...