You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Weewoozesty

Dumbest reasons you've received TK status

79 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
784 battles

My most frequent reason for getting TK status is because of dumb Destroyer captains driving inbetween my battleship and the one im brawling with and getting shredded by the secondaries.

I mean come on, what do they think is going to happen when they squeeze in between two brawling german boats.  Its not the first time either, I feel like the brain is incapable of keeping up with a destroyers speeds.  It's the only scientific explaination I can think of.

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
261 posts
3,474 battles
27 minutes ago, Weewoozesty said:

My most frequent reason for getting TK status is because of dumb Destroyer captains driving inbetween my battleship and the one im brawling with and getting shredded by the secondaries.

I mean come on, what do they think is going to happen when they squeeze in between two brawling german boats.  Its not the first time either, I feel like the brain is incapable of keeping up with a destroyers speeds.  It's the only scientific explaination I can think of.

Iv'e gotten TK  status only once, a dumb BB driver decided it would be a good idea to steam right through a  multiple DD fight, He ate a full spread of my torps.

Iv'e since become alot more cautious about when and where I torp. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
1,841 posts
17,662 battles
1 hour ago, Weewoozesty said:

getting shredded by the secondaries.

I was under the assumption that they removed friendly 2ndary fire many updates ago...can you supply a screenshot of post battle showing a 2ndary kill on the friendly.

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,125 posts
14,528 battles
7 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I was under the assumption that they removed friendly 2ndary fire many updates ago...can you supply a screenshot of post battle showing a 2ndary kill on the friendly.

You are correct, that change was done long, long ago.

• Cool 1

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

A Yamato I set on fire with my secondairies, which burned him down.

Or a DD next to me I hit with torpedoes, because I didn't noticed him moving backwards again.

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles
18 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Nah, its still a thing. Happened to me recently too. A DD was hiding in my Perth smoke and when several close by enemies started shooting at us, we didn't know because no spotting while smoked up, one of my secondaries killed the DD.

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles
1 hour ago, Weewoozesty said:

27 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

:Smile_great:

Screenshot please.

The dumbest, which I have done to my shame, is firing from behind a friendly and not noticing that I could hit that friendly with my fire. Man up to your mistakes and don't blame others for YOUR mistakes.

Beta Testers
526 posts
4,535 battles

I didn't get it, but accidentally gave it.  Was in QE BB, evading torps and took a hit which jammed my steering and left me on almost no health.  Rubbed into a teammate as I circled helplessly, and died, they got TK status.

• Funny 5

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,796 battles

Killing an enemy cruiser with a set of Benson  torps and having a friendly sail into them after the fact.

Edited by Crusin_Custard

Members
28 posts
3,126 battles

My dumbest that was totally my fault, hmm I was scraping the side of a friendly ship, and firing my guns. My front guns cleared his bow so I saw a bunch of shells flying to hit the enemy, it did not occur to me my rear guns were actually lined up with his superstructure and because of the way we were scraping the game was too busy show messages of him damaging me to tell me I was hitting him. That was the day I realized just how important it is to pull back from binoc view once in awhile.

Dumbest due to game mechanics, I fired HE into the bow of an enemy battle ship and dispersion made one shot go way wide and long and strike a friendly battleship chasing him off to the side setting him on fire. Still mostly my fault but if you had seen just how random this shot was you wouldn't have expected him to be in danger normally either. 1,000ish damage HE shell, 9000ish from fire because his ability to put it out was down at the time. 

Plus in co-op mode a bunch of bots making moves no normal player would do to run into long range torps.

Edited by Darlith

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,220 battles

I made a similar error Darlith. Early on when grinding the USN St Louis, saw a friendly, low health BB in trouble taking fire from a cruiser. I thought if I could shoot over islands, I could shoot over a ship.. I was was wrong. Blasted his superstructure enough to put him down. It was my very first TK and it startled me, could not figure out how it happened. I realize now how stupid it was but in my defense, my reasoning seemed sound at the time.

Edited by Taylor3006

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,962 posts
1,487 battles

Personally had a couple of pink moments from shooting at an enemy from a few km, (7km in one case), behind friendlies and having one shell clip their mast and start a fire.

Worst i've seen was a three ship brawl, friendly aoba tries to torp enemy and misses, out other cruiser dosen;t get near the Aoba torps. Then the other cruiser tries his torps. After said torps have been fired said friendly aoba pulls a complete 180 and drives into the other friendly cruisers torps. 

Cost us the match in fact. and oen of the clearest cases of the fault lying entierly with the person that got hit, an oba takes over 30 second to pull a 180, plus tiem before he started turning after our other cruiser launched. Yeah, he had plenty of time to see what he was risking.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles

Because another player on my team though it would be funny to sail into my torps on purpose. What lead to it was he altered his course at approx. the same moment I launched my torps. He was going left running from a BB in a CA when I decided to launch but he turned and went right back at the BB??? at the same time I launched them. Why it is intentional and not an accident is he knew they were coming and had plenty of  time to avoid them as I realized right off he had turned and warned in chat torps were coming. He later admitted he saw the warning (and it was with 8km of space and time warning as well) but he actually intentionally altered his course after our BB took out the enemy one so he ran into them to make me go pink as a joke. And this is not my slanted take on it either. This is what happened and comments by him in chat confirm it was intentional. I know of 3 teammates who reported him.

I didn't find it funny.:Smile_sceptic:

Everyone makes mistakes at times and when I do I own it. I even own this as I did launch. With that said, when you wait to launch for a safe moment only to see a player turn into harms way so you warn them, and they then intentionally run into the torps to make you go pink, it kind of sucks worse than if it was an accident. This one upset me far more than the couple times I have done it completely by accident and 100% on me.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[U-P]
Members
38 posts
3,715 battles

Dumbest... Those are the ones I don't pay attention to the map and fail to notice the friendly DD coming up next to me, taking a full torp volley, or expecting the DD to zig, but instead he zags. All my fault of course. It's never the guy taking the friendly torp hits' fault, it's always your fault for launching.

Most annoying was in an Duke of York, I fired a volley at red BB. One of those typical single shells that always flies off some random direction from the group, landed on a friendly Bismarck and set him on fire. The fire burned and turned me pink. I don't blame him for that. It was one fire and were I in the Bismarck I wouldn't have put the fire out either.

Edited by umkhunto
  • Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,435 battles

Ah, the good ol' days when your secondaries could kill friendlies.  "Stop shooting at your allies!"  "But I'm not shooting at them!"  Friendly gets lit on fire, burns to death...tk status.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,688 posts
5,042 battles

I didn’t think you could get Pink status from secondary. I though they patched that a long time ago.

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,435 battles
4 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I didn’t think you could get Pink status from secondary. I though they patched that a long time ago.

They did, many, many, many moons ago.

[FF]
Members
7 posts
1,795 battles

Not really dumb as I did it on purpose but... in a t5-7 match i was on my Colorado and when we spawned an Omaha was spawned next to me. Soon as the match started he began HE spamming my broadside slowly, 1 shell at a time. Wasnt really hurting and I yelled at him in chat and warned him until he set 2 fires on me. That was it for me, i swung my guns around and gave him a full broadside. Now keep in mind he was 1km or less away from me... needless to say he sunk. I was completely okay with that TK

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

This was over a year ago: an enemy cruiser was between myself and a very low health friendly battleship, and was incredibly close to the battleship. The cruiser launches torpedoes at the battleship, so I launch torpedoes at the enemy cruiser. The enemy torpedoes hit the battleship, but do no damage, due to saturation. The battleship then gets a devastating strike against the cruiser, only to be hit by the torpedoes I launched at the cruiser, and sunk.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,688 posts
5,042 battles

I have been playing this game for a long time. I took a break and came back and my first game I totally messed up and torped my own carrier. As soon as my torps loaded in game.  It was so stupid. All the torps hit him. 

• Funny 1

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,984 battles

For me it's this:

1. Warned an Iowa 7 km from a NC that I was going to fire torps.

2. Fired torps announced that.

3. Told Iowa to go into reverse .Twice

No acknowledgement. Sail right into the torp spread. TK'd. him. Asked him why he didn't listen. He apologized. *face palm*

Lesson learned. Don't bother helping in a BB brawl. just wait and kill the winner if its the reds. If they complain, just say. "Don't want a TK."

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

I once shot a full salvo from Yamato from 20km away, and 10km out friendly DD hit an island and flew up high enough to catch all 9 shells.  

[SYN]
Members
4,547 posts
11,437 battles
4 hours ago, Weewoozesty said:

My most frequent reason for getting TK status...

Your "most frequent"..?

How often do you get TK status?

• Funny 1

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

The worst for me was when my Benson shot torps at an Atlanta, missed ... and then kept on slowly going all the way to it's max range where it hit a friendly Kiev that had just dashed across the map towards the cap I was contesting and got fished in the face.

• Cool 1