You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Eastern Martial Arts vs American Martial Arts (shippost)

8 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
11,022 posts
12,551 battles

lol this is why when I got trained in Eastern Martial you would either have had the opponent held in manner they could not pull out the gun, or if they started pulling a gun you snap their neck or fracture their skull. ( thankfully never have had to use those methods other than train for doing it)

My favorite part of the training in Eastern Martial arts is your mind and reflexes get accelerated so much that Seconds feel like minutes and the second a gun starts getting pulled you get time for what feels like a moment or so just as they are starting to pull the gun, and plenty of time to adequately react to deal with the problem lol.

I got trained my a Grand Master that came from Korea and trained South Korean Special forces as well as some US army  divisions in hand to hand combat so it does work pretty well.

-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles

A lot of my friends train Brazilian Ju Jitsu and are obsessed! It's great for strength, flexibility and cardio. I've seen them do some crazy moves!

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,192 posts

I took taekwondo when I was in the Army. Martial arts are good exercize. As a soldier I was already in pretty good shape but those martial arts really got me in shape. I really wish I'd continued them when I got out but I was too lazy.

Edited by Snargfargle

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,192 posts
23 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Dn4h0bN.gif

Harrison Ford had dysentery when he was filming on location and couldn't act for more than ten minutes before he  had to run to his trailer to use the bathroom. That sweat and feverish look is real because it was up to 130 degrees in Tunisia when they were filming. The screenplay called for a drawn-out sword fight but he couldn't do it. Therefore he came up with the scene above, which has now become iconic.

[REVY]
Members
6,293 posts
5,164 battles

Speaking as a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, there are plenty of disarming techniques taught and practiced using prop guns.

Edited by Sventex