You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Plaatduutsch

What Should I Buy to Maximize My Gain from USN CA Split

18 comments in this topic

[HE]
Members
552 posts
10,076 battles

Currently I have

Cleveland w/ perm camo

Pensocola w/o perm camo

Should I buy NO and Baltimore?

Should I buy camo for Pensocola? 

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

Buy all the tech tree ships you can. You dont need any permanent camo for any of them except for the Cleveland - which you already have.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,495 posts
16,289 battles

Wait for the announcement where they will detail exactly what ship will go where and what you'll get for having it in port.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,707 posts
22,019 battles
29 minutes ago, Lert said:

Wait for the announcement where they will detail exactly what ship will go where and what you'll get for having it in port.

This exactly, everything else would be speculation. Course there may be some good speculation based on history, but just ensure you have some xp/credits banked to take full advantage of what Wargaming offers when they do an official announcement.

[PVE]
Members
19,008 posts
11,583 battles
3 hours ago, Plaatduutsch said:

Currently I have

Cleveland w/ perm camo

Pensocola w/o perm camo

2 hours ago, Lert said:

:Smile_great:

If you still need to grind NO or Baltimore, then you have time to grind. The split is expected before July. If it is a case of buying back those two ships, then waiting for a sale on them is good.

As a guess, based on past line splits, this is what is likely to happen with the ships you already have.

Cleveland moves to T8 and its permanent camo is converted to T8 perma-camo. The T6 you get as a replacement, likely P'cola, would get a free T6 perma-camo. There is a tiny chance you might get Dallas as the new T6, but most are thinking that P'cola would be the compensation.

In any case, your P'cola will move to T6 and you will get the new T7 NO in your T7 slot. I would wait to see what WG is doing with perma-camo that is moving down, before buying it for P'cola.

If you grind to or rebuy the NO, you will get the Baltimore when the NO moves down.

If you grind to or rebuy the Baltimore, the you will get the Buffalo when the Baltimore moves down.

Having the Des Moines won't make a difference as it is not affected by any of the moves.

If you have enough ships to get duplicates, then you will probably get silver compensation for the duplicate.

Unless we get the Dallas CL for the Cleveland move, you will want to get the Omaha back if you sold it, so you can grind the new CL line. Roughly 38k XP should be needed for the new T6 CL Dallas if we have to grind to it.

This is all speculation, but should be close to what happens if WG does things similar to the other line splits.

• Cool 1

Members
100 posts
352 battles

I currently have the Cleveland, and grinding credits to buy my Pensecola. Thankfully we have tier 7 ops this cycle, so it will be power grind time!

• Cool 1

[TLOD]
Members
265 posts
6,099 battles

EH, im just happy to get a t8 Cleaveland with premium camo and for OP, jsut wait till they announce it, i currently have all ships exept the Pcola and look Forward to it as well.

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
662 posts
25,302 battles

There are going to be a lot of disappointed people (including myself) if the Cleveland doesn't meet the high expectations at T8. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles
3 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

There are going to be a lot of disappointed people (including myself) if the Cleveland doesn't meet the high expectations at T8. 

She's very unlikely to IMO.

[PROJX]
Members
1,066 posts
22,706 battles
5 hours ago, Plaatduutsch said:

Currently I have

Cleveland w/ perm camo

Pensocola w/o perm camo

The safest bet is to wait for the official split announcement to be sure of WG's policy as many of the previous responders have suggested.  

However, if WG had not changed its policy and does what it has during past line splits, this is what's likely to happen:  WOWS Enjoyment - When Lines Split (USN Cruisers in 2018).

In your particular case, the probable suggestions would be:

• Wait for a USN ship line or USN Cruiser line sale & purchase the Baltimore
  • This should get you the Buffalo (T9 replacement for Baltimore)
  • Your Pensacola should get you the New Orleans as the Pensa gets dropped to T6
  • As for prema cammos, you don't need to pull the trigger on this until the actual announcement is made so you can wait & evaluate the action accordingly.
  • Getting both the NO & Baltimore wouldn't be necessary since this would likey just result in WG compensating you w/ partial silver for one of the ships.
  • The risk you'll take is if the US ship sales don't happen in a time-window after the announcement and prior to the split.  Then you have a decicion to make whether WG will do what it's done in the past to pay a full silver price for a ship.
  • Given WG's current release pattern, the USN Cruiser Split is most likely the next line event targeting around May/early-June (due to WG probably looking for a far bigger splash than a Line Split for Gameson in August - the next release target date and, since the past 2 line activities were DDs & BBs,  Cruisers would be a good fit in the rotation).  WG's release patterns are scheduled around an August splash-date of Gamescon, so you'll see ship line activities usually around Aug, Nov, Feb, May provided they release the 3-4 lines a year as in the past.  This should allow for a reasonable probability that the USN ships or Cruisers should go on sale before the actual split.

In general, I'd suggest waiting for the official announcement, if at all possible, but you can use the previous suggestions as a guideline if you feel you need to pull the trigger on a tech tree ship earlier.  (In case you're wondering, I'm also acting on this analysis - I have the Balti & Cleve so I'm waiting for a USN sale to pick up the Pensacola which should allow me to complete the existing line w/ the New Orleans and Buffalo when the line splits).

Edited by hangglide42

[DPG]
Members
1,749 posts
7,804 battles

I wonder if anything will change about the congratulatory camo for the NO.  That collection was for perma camo for T8 ships and the NO is being down tiered. 

[PROJX]
Members
1,066 posts
22,706 battles
6 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

I wonder if anything will change about the congratulatory camo for the NO.  That collection was for perma camo for T8 ships and the NO is being down tiered. 

I was wondering the same - since all the ships these cammos applied to were T8s (Martel, Monarch, Kiev, Z-23 & NO), does it stay w/ the NO or would it be applied to the Baltimore instead after the split.  Personally, I'm hoping it get's applied to the Balti - but this is hope, not a read.

[CASUL]
Members
256 posts
3,751 battles

I'm just waiting to see how they make the NO and Pensi viable. Even down-tiering those two floating turds isn't going to improve their situation much. At T6 the Pensi would be a little better off but would still be useless trash when uptiered, and still be outclassed by pretty much every other cruiser. The NO is even worse than the Pensi. It's useless trash and would still be useless trash at T7 or T6.

[SYN]
Members
5,469 posts
12,704 battles
50 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

I was wondering the same - since all the ships these cammos applied to were T8s (Martel, Monarch, Kiev, Z-23 & NO), does it stay w/ the NO or would it be applied to the Baltimore instead after the split.  Personally, I'm hoping it get's applied to the Balti - but this is hope, not a read.

I wish we could get some official explanation on how this would work out.  Kind of important, you know.  Players who have the affected boats need to make decisions.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,008 posts
11,583 battles
3 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

I wish we could get some official explanation on how this would work out.  Kind of important, you know.  Players who have the affected boats need to make decisions.

As we get closer, we should get more info. I expect around the time the ships hit the live server for testing, we should see more detailed info on the split and compensation for it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,707 posts
22,019 battles
11 hours ago, gillhunter said:

I agree, people really like the Cleveland now, if they screw this up there will be riots... 

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

My best bud would find the nuke football and kick it straight to St.Pete.

7 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I agree, people really like the Cleveland now, if they screw this up there will be riots...