Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hardcase11

gun movement

12 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
3,397 battles

the problem i have is with battle ship gun movement , the real guns on a battle ship move a lot faster turning than in the game  they should speed up the movement 

Members
2,305 posts
8,761 battles
4 minutes ago, hardcase11 said:

the problem i have is with battle ship gun movement , the real guns on a battle ship move a lot faster turning than in the game  they should speed up the movement 

And real CV can launch all of its aircraft.  They should make that possible, no?

• Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles
8 minutes ago, hardcase11 said:

If this your only problem, then you doing okay . 

Members
4 posts
3,397 battles

thanks for the reply well its not the only problem lol, but when your getting all shot to hell becauls the guns are so slow it becumes a problem when it dosent have to be agen thanks for the reply maby we will see each other out on the high seas

• Cool 1

[LWA]
Members
678 posts
10,006 battles
18 minutes ago, hardcase11 said:

you need to get the Warspite.....then every battleship you play after that will seem to have a fast turret rotation speed.

• Cool 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,339 battles
16 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

And real CV can launch all of its aircraft.  They should make that possible, no?

I just shat myself.

• Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles
10 minutes ago, hardcase11 said:

thanks for the reply well its not the only problem lol, but when your getting all shot to hell becauls the guns are so slow it becumes a problem when it dosent have to be agen thanks for the reply maby we will see each other out on the high seas

:Smile_honoring:

[NMKJT]
Members
3,539 posts
28 minutes ago, hardcase11 said:

The real guns on a BB hit 5% of the time if the ship were skilled. Game is fine

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,025 posts
6,178 battles
4 hours ago, hardcase11 said:

The movement of the guns is slow, but the reload rate is appropriate. Its most annoying to be in one of the handful of ships that out turn their guns....but I suspect thats a balance mechanism. Gun rotation becomes less of an issue if you dont get tunnel vision and watch the minimap.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,415 posts
14,385 battles
6 hours ago, hardcase11 said:

Turret movement is fine.  It's not necessarily historical (albeit, I suspect some are), but more of a game "balance" trade space.  That said, I play all the BBs in the game... fast turrets...slow turrets.  After a while, I don't even notice the speed.  It just becomes an ingrained part of the tactics involved with playing a particular ship.  Hell, on most BBs (with the option to install the module that gives up turret traverse for reload speed), I take the reload option.

In a nutshell, over time, you just adjust to whatever you've got...and play in a manner to keep what you've got effective (in the game).

On the flip side, as I've almost become a DD veteran to complement my BB/CA experiences, my knowledge of turret traverse on BBs is a big help when setting up attack vectors on those BBs.  At a certain distance, angle, and speed, a DD can maneuver faster than the turret traverse (plus maneuver)...which results in a bad day for said BB.  This is part of the game.  From a BB perspective, don't get into that situation.  From a DD perspective, take advantage if they do.

Sign in to follow this