Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Trdextion

Ibuki's tail armor(Please help)

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1 post
890 battles

Hey guys, I have just got to tier 9 of the IJN cruiser line and I feel like I always took tons of damage when the enemy BB hits my tail section compared to something like my bow. So I went to the armor viewer and I found this:

5a8faa486b59d_ibukitail.jpg.105538e70b643ad5bafcb3010786d977.jpg

Could this be the reason that I am taking more damage? I am fairly new to this game as this is my first tier 9 ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
859 posts
10,992 battles

I don't get it.  Isn't the Aft like 25mm?  And your complaining about something that's 4 times the mm?  Sorry I don't have the game on, but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29,083
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,461 posts
16,255 battles
8 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

I don't get it.  Isn't the Aft like 25mm?  And your complaining about something that's 4 times the mm?  Sorry I don't have the game on, but still.

A 100mm plate will arm the fuses on large AP shells whereas 25mm might not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
859 posts
10,992 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

A 100mm plate will arm the fuses on large AP shells whereas 25mm might not.

Ah!  Thanks for the correction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,590
[SYN]
Members
15,464 posts
12,778 battles

It's because the armor is crap, not particularly because of that 100mm section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

Getting shot in the butt isn't something the Ibuki takes well. Not that any cruiser does really.

 

You want to be angling and then that 100mm plate will bounce anything in the game.  Anything over 32mm can't be over matched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29,083
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,461 posts
16,255 battles
1 hour ago, Grizley said:

Getting shot in the butt isn't something the Ibuki takes well. Not that any cruiser does really.

All things being equal I'd rather be driving something German than something Japanese when taking rounds right up main street.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,497
Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
6 hours ago, Lert said:

All things being equal I'd rather be driving something German than something Japanese when taking rounds right up main street.

 

Yeah, your odds are a little better.  Not that you won't take the occasional buttcit but at least it won't be half the hits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,935
[SYN]
Members
5,469 posts
12,704 battles
9 hours ago, Trdextion said:

Hey guys, I have just got to tier 9 of the IJN cruiser line and I feel like I always took tons of damage when the enemy BB hits my tail section...

You're lucky if you take hits from a battleship anywhere on a cruiser, and not suffer tons of damage.  Especially at high tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×