You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shaun_Durb

New player progression help

5 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
15 battles

Hey all, I am generally considered a new player to WoWs and I was wondering if I could get some advise, now I know alot of what I am going to ask may be subjective but I was reading online that if I was wanting to use BBs to start down the German tree cause they are typically the best BBs for defense wise with a decent DPs (not the best DPs but decent) so I was going to progress the German tree but now I was wondering pound for pound what's the best DD tree and Cruiser tree I don't really have the attention span for a carrier so I more than likely won't skill for carriers. 

So basically wondering if there is an all around best nation tree I can use for all ships. Not looking for a progression that will hop me around from tree to tree would like a tree where I can effectively use all ships, any advice or information relating this would be appreciated thanks.

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
140 posts
11,170 battles

They each have there own play style so I not knowing what you were looking for but for me I have been down each line to Tier 10 and IJN is the one I like best for Cruisers for BB's USN and DD's USN and Pan Asian but this is what I like.

[ZR]
Members
959 posts
11,286 battles

There is no reason to only go one nation.  You can focus a few lines like German BB, Russian cruisers, and USN DD's for instance.

Overall I would play a bit of everything up to tier 7 then decide what you want to grind up to in the high tiers.

• Cool 1

[JR]
[JR]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
390 posts
4,124 battles

Make sure you look up some captain's academy videos.  Most of them are outdated but the thought processes are still valid.  There's alot of community contributor videos out there too.  You tubers like Zoup, Notser, iChase*,Whiskey's Gaming Lounge.

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,034 battles
1 hour ago, Shaun_Durb said:

So basically wondering if there is an all around best nation tree I can use for all ships. Not looking for a progression that will hop me around from tree to tree would like a tree where I can effectively use all ships, any advice or information relating this would be appreciated thanks.

Did you start with an invite a friend code or are you not past level 3 yet? You get Premium ships if you get a code from some one and it may even be worth it to start a new account to take advantage of it.

https://playtogether.worldofwarships.com/invite/xxEVbe1

You can use that one if you want.