You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Rawhide

How much do you spend on this game?

81 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,696 posts

I probably drop $50 - $100 a month typically.  So less than 1 bar tab.  Worth it.

I spent $186 on dinner (sushi) and drinks with my wife tonight, so that gives some perspective.

[PNP]
Members
435 posts
3,835 battles

I really enjoy this game, but I don't mind supporting the WoWs team. Since I am a college student, spending on premium time isn't really an option, so I have only bought premium ships that I felt worthwhile. I only bought 3 premiums so far: Blys, Graf Spee, and Cesare. All about 45 bucks in total.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

More than I should... but nothing greater than what I've already budgeted for "Gaming Use" 

"Gaming Use" also includes things like poker nights or deciding to grab a lotto ticket. 

Beta Testers
186 posts
6,837 battles

Between $300-$600 a year. The bulk of which is around the holiday on Santa crates as they have always been very good to me. The money I spend on crates usually gets me through the year with dubs, premium time and new premium ships. The entertainment value per dollar is well worth it for me. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,208 posts
6,424 battles
6 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

I probably drop $50 - $100 a month typically.  So less than 1 bar tab.  Worth it.

I spent $186 on dinner (sushi) and drinks with my wife tonight, so that gives some perspective.

HAVE a Great Dinner tonight! 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles

Too bloody much.  On the bright side, WG is making things easy by releasing ships I have no interest in, or are completely bad, which helps me keep my wallet in my pocket.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
16,275 posts
11,148 battles

Nothing. 

(Someone had to say it. :Smile_teethhappy:)

Well, nothing except my leisure time. And that doesn't count.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Members
385 posts
4,878 battles

Spent some this year for the first time, I finally decided after a couple of years of play to spend a little on something I enjoy doing (most days).  Bought some Santa crates, and got a few premiums, then bought a few more.  Sort of a reward for sticking with the game.  Bought, won, or earned Scharnhorst, Atlanta, Graf Spee, Alabama and Missouri.  I've had the GS (earned) for a while, really enjoyed it, so felt the investment in the Shinnyhorse and Atlanta to be worthwhile.  Had a discount for the Bama, and had enough to get the Missouri with a minimum investment ($30 or so) and haven't regretted any of them at this point.  Other than these, I've added some premium time this year to check out and see if I'm missing anything, and I can see the appeal, easier to get to the next module, or ship, and easier to make a profit at higher tier even when not playing at my best.  I don't include the ARP ships as premiums, besides I've had them so long, I tend to forget about them when planning my days battles.

Members
520 posts
3,943 battles

In the last year, I've begun to spend a little on the game, including premium time and dubs, oh yeah, and a few ships. 

Picked up Indianapolis, HSF Graf Spee, Dunkerque, and Alabama.  I also finished out getting the Missouri while it was still available for I think it was about $40 or $50, so worth it.  These joined my Duke of York, Gallant and Vampire in port. 

Now, kinda burned out after December, and taking a little break from the grind.  When I start playing again on a regular basis, I'll have some shinny new toys to play with.

Oh, and I have the ARP collection of ships setting in port, forgotten, they represent my first real experience in grinding for something.  Unlike them these new ships represent a more diverse game play experience, so should be more interesting to take out of port.

So I invest some time on the game and now some few $$ along with my time.  Guess that means I'm hooked.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,946 posts

I used to spend a bit on premium time, dubs, etc. 

Quit spending until the USN CV nerf is reversed.  I just don't see any point in putting anything into the game when things I've already done can easily be ruined on a whim.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[PVE]
Members
19,483 posts
11,840 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Nothing. 

(Someone had to say it. :Smile_teethhappy:)

Well, nothing except my leisure time. And that doesn't count.

That's ok. I'm subsidizing you and a few others. :Smile_teethhappy:

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,956 posts
4,343 battles
11 hours ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Hi;

I've been curious as to how much you spend ($$) annually on this game?  I run a premium account and occasionally buy some dubs.  I have never bought a premium ship. I was just wondering what others do.

Thanks

In the last year and a half the only thing I have spent money on is Kidd. That is all. 

Members
236 posts
1,692 battles

More than i probably should have, tend to do that when new to a game i enjoy, go all in at times.
But don't foresee anything that I'll be getting for some time except maybe the new T8 destroyer (depending on how other methods of obtaining can be had).

[OO7]
Members
3,852 posts
9,125 battles

image.thumb.png.61d981ddffd68dcc76e9c167239525cb.png

Also mint has troubles categorizing things. Which makes me laugh.

I have most premium boats at this point (Christmas Crates + halloween doubloons and the Xmas sale --> lots of premium boats). I... have all the ones that were available in the 2017 Christmas crates...

Edited by enderland07

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,242 battles

I joined this game in on October 16th 2016, and I'm guesstimating maybe 400-500$, which is WAY too much for a single game... so no more until the next holiday season.

• Cool 1

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
514 posts
15,223 battles

I usually buy the "large bundle" of crates when ever they have them (Christmas, Halloween, etc).  This stocks up the flags, camo, premium time, and dubs.

This works out to be ~$1,000 a year - more than some but less than others.  In perspective it is less per year than cable TV was (dropped it two years ago).  

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I buy premium time in 6 month chunks, and over the last year have purchased Belfast, Atlanta, and Enterprise. Some time prior to that I bought the Saipan, and spent about $20 on Santa Crates in 2016.

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,559 battles

Way too much especially this year.  I wouldn't be surprised if I don't have $400-$500 invested so far since the Santa's Crates dropped.   Spent like $300 then and then bought the Roma and a slew of French Connection Crates since then.   Generally speaking though I try to keep my annual spending on any persistent game under $300 a year.  I am old school though from back in the day when if you wanted to play a MMO you bought the box from the store and than spend $15/mo on a sub.  Figure $50 for the box and then another $180 for the Sub fee, plus maybe a $30 expansion a year and you were in for $260 per year per game back then.  Adjusted for inflation and you have $300.

Now that sounds like alot of money but a couple things you have to consider.

1) $300 a year is nothing for the amount of hours I invest on a game I enjoy.  That is $25 a month or about the cost of going out to dinner one night or hell seeing a single movie with popcorn and a soda each month and honestly that $25 only gives you 2-3 hours of entertainment.  WoWS, I play between 10-30 hours per week or on average 80 hours per month.  Cheap, Cheap, Cheap.  Also your cable TV bill will set you back an easy $100 just so you can watch a few TV shows every week.  Again I will say...spending $300 a year on a MMO is CHEAP,  CHEAP,  CHEAP.

2) Investing into a game I like make the game better.   Many free-to-play players don't get this simple concept.  MMOs cost money to operate and expand with new content.  Therefore you if you enjoy the game your play,  you really need to pony up some cash to support the game if you want it to stick around.

• Cool 1

[ANKER]
[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
537 posts
11,518 battles

I spend about $100 every 2 weeks, and I am a collector. If I added up all the money I have spent it would be over the years it would exceed $2500.