You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Scotch_Donkey

OK maybe a little too sensitive people

188 comments in this topic

Members
80 posts
4,805 battles

Rant here.

I just got chat banned for having a conversation with a Missouri player that clearly did not belong playing tier IX.  I used NO foul language and was just having a discussion.  I didn't even degrade him.  I simply stated that he did not play well and he should probably not play IX until he was better. 

I'm no pro, I understand, but good grief.  He sailed right out into the middle and got nuked.  He even admitted that his go-to ship was the Fletcher - basically admitting that he does not play higher tier games.  Seriously? Five people reported me?  For having a conversation? Oh my goodness. 

Let the flames begin, but seriously give me a break.

shit cat.jpg

Edited by Scratched
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[HINON]
Members
12,126 posts
5 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

Well, it's possible the Missouri decided to spam all of their reports on you...

Only one counts towards the chat ban. Need multiple different people reporting someone to get a chat ban.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,476 posts
16,267 battles
2 hours ago, warpath_33 said:

Well, it's possible the Missouri decided to spam all of their reports on you...

Only the first one counts, multiple reports from the same person don't add up.

@OP: Just because you got chat banned while 'politely' telling a player to eff off out of your T9 battle doesn't mean that's the full and total reason you got chat banned. They accumulate over time, and you obviously had (quite) a few older reports still hanging over you. This might've just been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Just for the record, I'm glad you got the chat ban. It's people that take it upon themselves to not only decide which people aren't worthy to play in their matches but flat-out tell them that to their faces too that are IMO a cancer upon this game. But that's just my personal opinion.

"But he didn't play to my lofty, flawless standards!"

Yeah, and what standards might those be? And what makes you the judge of who belongs at what tier?

• Cool 23
  • Funny 2

[DENY]
Members
8,926 posts
9,933 battles

People don't like it when their faults are openly discussed. They like it even less, and respond even worse, when it happens on the 'web.

• Cool 2

[SEOP]
Members
1,549 posts
8,233 battles
18 minutes ago, Scratched said:

I used NO foul language and was just having a discussion. 

shit cat.jpg

that clearly was your first mistake.  add some salt next time.  This is a boat game after all and i'm pretty sure every other work in a typical sailors vocabulary starts with F.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
21,442 battles

ROFL welcome to my world I think I have over 400 chat bans myself, if you look at my record 1 more chat offence and I think I am perma banned meanwhile I see people using racist slurs calling people [edited] or other nonsense all I do is call my teams trash most times not even mad just laughing at how hard WE failed ( yes I know I am also part of the trash team) my 4th chat offence came at end of game I won me vs a lenningrad and almost dead Amagi  I beat the snot out of the lennin in my Sims said F#@% YEA GET SOME finished of night happy came back next day to a 2 week chat ban??????

[SALVO]
Members
23,376 posts
23,974 battles
23 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

People don't like it when their faults are openly discussed. They like it even less, and respond even worse, when it happens on the 'web.

Boo frickin' hoo.  Grow a pair.  if someone gives another player a critique without using any foul language in the slightest, the other player (or those who reported him) need to grow the hell up and stop being such a bunch of whiney snowflakes!!!

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
23,376 posts
23,974 battles
18 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

ROFL welcome to my world I think I have over 400 chat bans myself, if you look at my record 1 more chat offence and I think I am perma banned meanwhile I see people using racist slurs calling people [edited] or other nonsense all I do is call my teams trash most times not even mad just laughing at how hard WE failed ( yes I know I am also part of the trash team) my 4th chat offence came at end of game I won me vs a lenningrad and almost dead Amagi  I beat the snot out of the lennin in my Sims said F#@% YEA GET SOME finished of night happy came back next day to a 2 week chat ban??????

Wellllllll, maybe you should have learned the lesson by now to tone down the language in your posts.  I'm not sure whether I'd have reported you or not.  If that was all you said, probably not.  At the same time, I don't like people who taunt in chat.  And I often report taunters, because taunting is classless and unsportsmanlike.

I do agree though that some people don't seem to get the punishments they deserve when they're using racial, ethnic, etc. types of insulting garbage, which I honestly find worse than taunting.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,105 posts
43 minutes ago, Scratched said:

Rant here.

I just got chat banned for having a conversation with a Missouri player that clearly did not belong playing tier IX.  I used NO foul language and was just having a discussion.  I didn't even degrade him.  I simply stated that he did not play well and he should probably not play IX until he was better. 

I'm no pro, I understand, but good grief.  He sailed right out into the middle and got nuked.  He even admitted that his go-to ship was the Fletcher - basically admitting that he does not play higher tier games.  Seriously? Five people reported me?  For having a conversation? Oh my goodness. 

shit cat.jpg

Well, unless you pay for his account time, maybe you should keep your mouth shut and let him play his boat however he so chooses. You got reported for being a sexual intellectual, AKA a F***ing know it all.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5
  • Angry 1

[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,283 battles
49 minutes ago, Scratched said:

Rant here.

shit cat.jpg

So ... Missouri is tier IX and his go to ship, the Fletcher, is ... ummmm ....  a tier IX ship and this proves ... mmmm ... that he's admitting he does not play higher tier games ... :Smile_amazed:

Check ... :Smile_great:

Yep, that might have made more sense if his "go to ship" were the South Carolina or something like that.  Note for future reference.

So, just taking a wild shot in the dark here, telling someone who has a Tier IX ship that they had to earn rather than buy does not belong in an upper tier match.  I have a feeling a lot of people would classify that as demeaning, and I'd kind of bet, another wild shot totally in the dark, that the 5 people who reported you might have felt that way.

I think the only mystery here is why you're surprised. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 1

Members
80 posts
4,805 battles
Just now, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

So ... Missouri is tier IX and his go to ship, the Fletcher, is ... ummmm ....  a tier IX ship and this proves ... mmmm ... that he's admitting he does not play higher tier games ... :Smile_amazed:

Yep, that might have made more sense if his "go to ship" were the South Carolina or something like that.  Note for future reference.

So, just take a wild shot in the dark here, telling someone who has a Tier IX ship that they had to earn rather than buy does not belong in an upper tier match.  I have a feeling a lot of people would classify that as demeaning, and I'd kind of bet, another wild shot totally in the dark, that the 5 people who reported you might have felt that way.

Opps.  Completely my fault there.  But still, I was only talking to him  - nothing more than G rated - seems much.

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
21,442 battles
1 minute ago, Doombeagle said:

Well, unless you pay for his account time, maybe you should keep your mouth shut and let him play his boat however he so chooses. You got reported for being a sexual intellectual, AKA a F***ing know it all.

really though this is only game ive ever known to give chat bans in over 20 years of gaming???? every Unicum that tried to teach people is what you describe should we ban them all????

Members
80 posts
4,805 battles
7 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Who ever mentioned that he had/had not a premium account?  I think you are missing my point.  If you said F***ing know it all in game, you would probably earn a chat ban.....

Edited by Scratched

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
21,442 battles
Just now, Scratched said:

Opps.  Completely my fault there.  But still, I was only talking to him  - nothing more than G rated - seems much.

man when I used to play IJN CV I would get chat bans for winning not even using chat the player report system is retarded and has been  abused since start I can attest to this like I said I have had more than 400 chat bans and I have had hundreds revoked for saving replay and sending ticket to WG so to all those that say you prob deserved it keep your head in the sand if you think this system works 

[DENY]
Members
8,926 posts
9,933 battles
20 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Boo frickin' hoo.  Grow a pair.  if someone gives another player a critique without using any foul language in the slightest, the other player (or those who reported him) need to grow the hell up and stop being such a bunch of whiney snowflakes!!!

Incorrect. The game is here for everyone to play as they choose, not be bullied around when others don't agree with how they choose to play.

• Cool 6

Members
80 posts
4,805 battles
14 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

So, just taking a wild shot in the dark here, telling someone who has a Tier IX ship that they had to earn rather than buy does not belong in an upper tier match.  I have a feeling a lot of people would classify that as demeaning, and I'd kind of bet, another wild shot totally in the dark, that the 5 people who reported you might have felt that way.

I admit that I confused the Fletch with a lower tier ship.  However, isn't there a big difference between DD and BB play?  I haven't looked him up, but I would venture that the MO is his highest BB by far.  My point is that the results seem unnecessary.  Right or wrong with my discussion - seems to be a little snowflake :cap_happy:

[SALVO]
Members
23,376 posts
23,974 battles
12 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

man when I used to play IJN CV I would get chat bans for winning not even using chat the player report system is retarded and has been  abused since start I can attest to this like I said I have had more than 400 chat bans and I have had hundreds revoked for saving replay and sending ticket to WG so to all those that say you prob deserved it keep your head in the sand if you think this system works 

Now that's just plain wrong.

[SALVO]
Members
23,376 posts
23,974 battles
3 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Incorrect. The game is here for everyone to play as they choose, not be bullied around when others don't agree with how they choose to play.

Critiquing is NOT bullying unless you're just a whiney snowflake who needs constant validation and a participation trophy.

• Cool 1

Members
80 posts
4,805 battles
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

OMG then why aren't 70% of the players chat banned.  There are so many crud talkers - each and every game.  Good grief

GG.jpg

[LOU1]
Members
4,025 posts
11,097 battles
cri·tique
kriˈtēk/
noun
  1. 1.
    a detailed analysis and assessment of something, especially a literary, philosophical, or political theory.
    synonyms: analysis, evaluation, assessment, appraisal, appreciation, criticism, review, study, commentary, exposition, exegesis
    "a critique of North American culture"
verb
  1. 1.
    evaluate (a theory or practice) in a detailed and analytical way.
    "the authors critique the methods and practices used in the research"