You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mizuki_1991

Removal of opposing teams names from ships

40 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
1,707 battles

Some players, including myself, are being targeted by focused fire all the time because we are recognized by names as to having snipered these people in a past game. It's just a game and that is everyone's goal - to damage and destroy ships. But what players are doing now goes beyond the game. By knowing our names, no matter what ship we play, they are constantly harassing us, not letting us play the game. The removal of our names off of the team list and in game so our names are not visible to anyone on the opposing team (Just place an X there) would allow us to play without being targeted for focus fire removal.

Please developer team, please consider this so that we can enjoy the game without being targeted.

Edited by Mizuki_1991
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

Not to worry,. The odds of being in a match with someone that knew you from some previous game are very low.

Members
4,719 posts
7,545 battles

O wow.  Poor you. Do you really think people remember you and then focus fire you?  Really? You must be VERY special to be remembered.  You with 800 matches are now "remembered" .  What are you smoking?  With all due respect? :Smile_glasses:  Maybe you are just trolling OR you actually believe this.  Heh. :Smile_amazed:

Edited by dmckay
  • Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,760 posts
7,420 battles

Captain Ghostdog, first mate Skip and Chief Butkuss want our name out there. Ghostdog not afraid of anyone. Neither is my crew of dogs. Post our stats, we don't care. You come up against us you'll have a fight.

Relationship Trend: Ghosting - NewYou.comth?id=OIP.QLob0sYXiRt_C6nppr87wQHaEK&pidth?id=OIP.lfMaGWxg_cF8UM0S1hXy4AHaLH&pid

• Cool 1

[H-W-C]
Members
1,271 posts
3,578 battles

You must be doing something really memorable to get remembered... 2000 games and still no one's recognized me in battle yet :Smile_sad:

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
56 minutes ago, Mizuki_1991 said:

Some players, including myself, are being targeted by focused fire all the time because we are recognized by names as to having snipered these people in a past game. It's just a game and that is everyone's goal - to damage and destroy ships. But what players are doing now goes beyond the game. By knowing our names, no matter what ship we play, they are constantly harassing us, not letting us play the game. The removal of our names off of the team list and in game so our names are not visible to anyone on the opposing team (Just place an X there) would allow us to play without being targeted for focus fire removal.

Please developer team, please consider this so that we can enjoy the game without being targeted.

This is a complete non-issue.

In more than 8000 battles, I've never once felt "picked on" by someone recognizing me from a previous match.

Popular YouTubers and CCs might experience this.  Not the common everyday play-along scrubs like you and I.

• Cool 1

Members
2 posts
1,707 battles

Wait until you get a rep as a ship sniper and they all start targeting you. You seem to make fun of this situation simply because it is not happening to you. Well it is happening and yes certain players have lists of names of people to remove first. This is serious and does need everyone's names removed from being seen by opposing team in chat, team list and visually.

[TDG]
Members
1,605 posts
7,509 battles

A similar thread went around a few months ago about targeting priority.

There I said I treat strong ships and strong players with respect, I kill this first.

Without rehashing the thread, it was suggested that focusing on the "high value" players might actually be detrimental to the outcome.

If I see a Red that I know is effective (or a ship that has been particularly annoying in the past.  I'm look at you, Atlanta.), I will select that player (or ship) if it is down to picking which available target to shoot at.  If this is happening to you, you are either really good, or really annoying.

Developers:  If this is ever a thing (I would prefer not), please give us a way to identify individual ships even if you are not giving us the names of the players.  Knowing which Missouri I am seeing is useful information.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,251 posts

I actually had someone call me out in a match about a year ago... telling everyone 250 doubloons to whomever sunk me - green or red,  didn't matter. I managed to survive. I had no clue as to the individual, never encountered them before nor since. I figure it must have been something I posted on the forum. :cap_cool: 

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,482 posts
12,189 battles

Pay the gold , change your name if its an issue

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
631 posts
9,628 battles
16 minutes ago, Mizuki_1991 said:

Wait until you get a rep as a ship sniper

Here's a little tip for you, the Tirpitz is not a sniper.

Then again that is what happens when you buy your way to tier 8, with no idea on how to play.

Members
1,001 posts
12,743 battles

i proudly fly my class IV pirate flag and sale under a typhoon league clan nick..... yet to be picked on  or targeted more than normal. both of those things = more dangerous than a guy with 400 random battles under his belt.....

in any case pretend your the red baron you know the guy who painted his plane RED so the enemy would fear him.

• Cool 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Nothing wrong with having the enemy team really want to kill you. Use it to your team's advantage, and kite the enemy team into a bad position.

[5D5]
Members
2,611 posts
15,877 battles
28 minutes ago, Mizuki_1991 said:

Wait until you get a rep as a ship sniper and they all start targeting you. You seem to make fun of this situation simply because it is not happening to you. Well it is happening and yes certain players have lists of names of people to remove first. This is serious and does need everyone's names removed from being seen by opposing team in chat, team list and visually.

Ship sniper?? You average 0.4 kills per game and per death. Where does the sniper part come in to this discussion?

If you are being targeted it is because you are not angling your ships properly and are easy to damage farm.

• Funny 3

[H-W-C]
Members
1,271 posts
3,578 battles
33 minutes ago, Mizuki_1991 said:

33 minutes ago, Mizuki_1991 said:

ship sniper

*checks stats*

*highest non-premium tier is tier 5 (Omaha)*

*most played ship is Tirpitz (NOT A :etc_swear:ING SNIPER!!)

Oh dear.

Members
4,719 posts
7,545 battles

I just shoot at ships that look to be an issue. Names?  Don't care bout no stinking "names".  Don't even know em. :Smile_teethhappy:

[LHG]
Members
2,031 posts
5,632 battles
1 hour ago, warpath_33 said:

You must be doing something really memorable to get remembered... 2000 games and still no one's recognized me in battle yet :Smile_sad:

Me either. I keep looking for Lert or Little White Mouse to show up so I can know who is exploderating my ship but alas, to no avail.  *Sigh*

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,809 posts
2,745 battles
59 minutes ago, Mizuki_1991 said:

Dude, they're shooting you because you're making yourself an easy target.  Nobody wastes time or position to try to locate a particular enemy player.  I wish the enemy team would try to hunt me that way.  While it would crater my personal survival rate, it would massively boost my win rate as my team gained time to hurt and sink the enemy as they focused on getting me.

And sorry, but calling yourself a "ship sniper" makes you sound like a 13 year old.  There is no such thing as a "ship sniper" in this game.  The ships that are reasonably accurate at long range don't do enough damage and the ships that do the damage in one salvo are not accurate enough, even Yamato, to be considered anything sniper like.

Members
4,719 posts
7,545 battles

When I am in a match reds see dmckay. They say there is dmckay....monster, he must be killed first. I have EVERY single ship shooting at me.  Gets tiresome. :Smile_sad:

Truth.........Actually they say ignore that POS. Sucks.  Noob nerd.  Saddens me. No one know nor cares. Heh. I don't get no respect! None. Just once I would like to hear reds in chat say "kill that dmckay, he a very very dangerous man."  Just once!  Like I said....NO respect. Carry on OP. :Smile_honoring:  Har de Har.  I am the Rodney Dangerfield of WoWs. Boo HOO.

Edited by dmckay

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,267 posts
12,617 battles

Not going to throw stats out there, but I'll just say I highly doubt the OP has a reputation of being a ship sniper.

• Mostly plays battleships, especially high-tier
  • Deals a below average amount of damage
  • Extremely often uses torpedoes (when in ships that have them)
  • Key vehicle - Tirpitz

[HINON]
Supertester
20,308 posts
13,793 battles

Dude, with only two forum posts and less than 900 battles under your belt and less than half of those in randoms, I guarantee you, nobody knows who you are. Nobody's purposely targeting you because of your name. They're purposely targeting you because you make an easy, juicy target of yourself.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1