You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptGodzillaPig

This is why I don't report AFK..

59 comments in this topic

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

Just hit the "BATTLE".  Look down my Gal is calling me.  I grab the phone and she is having some car issues.  Well..  Sorry.  I had to bail on the game to talk her through it.   Stuff happens. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[CAFE]
WoWS Community Contributors
151 posts
16,071 battles

Same here. Who knows what's happened. Although I do lament the loss of another ship in the fight...

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
16,660 battles

one time I made my girl jiggle the battery cables for about an hour to try and get her car to start ( I didn't tell her it was out of gas) was pretty funny considering it was turning over fine but when she said it wouldn't start and must be the battery I couldn't help myself

Members
3,832 posts
8,150 battles
5 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Just hit the "BATTLE".  Look down my Gal is calling me.  I grab the phone and she is having some car issues.  Well..  Sorry.  I had to bail on the game to talk her through it.   Stuff happens. 

Fair enough I don't "Report" it either and give the benefit of the doubt; that said however, your example is not the best as you had the option to advise your team that RL obliges you to go afk (perhaps you did, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt too).

I have done that and I've been on teams in the 1000 pt win battle where we decided to protect the announced afk ship to keep it from being detected as afk and losing the points for its loss.

[ADR]
Members
4,347 posts
14,337 battles
8 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

and if you a hven't moved in 5 min, I will report you every time.

• Cool 3

Members
175 posts
5,460 battles
12 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Your gal or your Gal?

Gal-Gadot-Movies.jpg

Because if it was this Gal, I would TK every last one of you...

Edited by Carniolan

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
679 posts
5,389 battles

Sure, you may have a totally legitimate reason to be AFK.

You're still getting reported for AFK, unless you let us know that there's an urgent issue.  

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[WOLF9]
Members
1,422 posts

And then there is the best reason not to report such things: it does nothing except waste your time. When karma actually means something, so will reports. Until then, it is just a menu option to make you feel better.

• Cool 2

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
10 minutes ago, mrmariokartguy said:

Sure, you may have a totally legitimate reason to be AFK.

You're still getting reported for AFK, unless you let us know that there's an urgent issue.  

That's [edited]..  Game was loading when I had to jump. 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
14 minutes ago, Carniolan said:

Your gal or your Gal?

Gal-Gadot-Movies.jpg

I would take any report for that.  lol

[WOLF9]
Members
1,422 posts
13 minutes ago, Carniolan said:

Your gal or your Gal?

Gal-Gadot-Movies.jpg

Pretty sure that my fleet would rust to nothingness before I got back to it.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
29 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Buy her a better car.

:Smile_hiding:

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,034 posts
14,618 battles
37 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I mean how much attention do you need? Sure my hemorrhoids just burst and there is goo and blood everywhere.... and you know what? I may have just run to the crapper to clean up and was afk...... lets make a fresh post about it....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
5 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

I mean how much attention do you need? Sure my hemorrhoids just burst and there is goo and blood everywhere.... and you know what? I may have just run to the crapper to clean up and was afk...... lets make a fresh post about it....

Come at me bro...   The more attention the better.    Or you could be just a [edited]. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

[YORHA]
Members
3,971 posts
6,876 battles
6 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

4 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Come at me bro...   The more attention the better.    Or you could be just a [edited]. 

NERD FIGHT!

• Funny 2

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

NERD FIGHT!

LOL...  Sorry.  not a  nerd.  it would be a one sided battle. 

• Bad 1

[DPG]
Members
1,229 posts
5,584 battles
Just now, CaptGodzillaPig said:

LOL...  Sorry.  not a  nerd. 

Well now you are cuz you had to say you weren't.  Everyone is a nerd about something.  Maybe you're really into homemade bass lures, or the hits of Liza Minnelli.  Who knows.

• Cool 3

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
4 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Well now you are cuz you had to say you weren't.  Everyone is a nerd about something.  Maybe you're really into homemade bass lures, or the hits of Liza Minnelli.  Who knows.

Well you have a point there.  I guess I might geek out a bit on my herring brine for salmon fishing.   Not really a nerd thing though.  Just a secret.  I am really down with Gordon Lightfoot.  But anyone that is down with that isn't a nerd.  They are just doooowwwwwn.

[SEOP]
Members
1,512 posts
8,233 battles

reporting isnt an issue when your getting limited numbers of strikes against your account over extended periods of time.  Its analogous to accidentally bumping into a friendly during a match -- vs torping a friendly to death during a match.  Its a level of magnitude thing.  BoTs are a thing just as they were a thing in WoT.  They appear consistently and therefore should be getting  a lot of reports.  WG doesn't give a hoot about an account that gets the occasional AFK match report.  Just like they dont give a hoot if you bump into a friendly ship during a match.  But an account that's getting lotz of AFK reports routinely -- they look at that account.  Just like if you torp a friendly you turn pink.  Do it again you get banned.  now if we all take the attitude that "gee I ain't reporting that AFK'er cause it could be a real life thingy -- or that may have had a disconnect" -- that's obviously missing the point of the AFK report.  Unless of course you're someone whose got tons and tons of real life related AFKs...in which case maybe playing the game right now shouldn't be on your to do list.  

• Cool 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,034 posts
14,618 battles
24 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

post count vs game count......talk the talk, but clearly you don't walk the walk. Didn't you nerd rage away from the game 4 weeks ago but now your miraculously back?

• Cool 5

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,279 posts
12,619 battles
1 hour ago, Carniolan said:

Your gal or your Gal?

Gal-Gadot-Movies.jpg

No, you wouldn't.  If I had one of these, I'd damned sure have better things to do than WoWS.  I'd not be here to TK.

Members
505 posts
9,342 battles

I report all AFKs.

It'd be nice if WG can have AI take over a ship if the player is AFK after a certain amount of time. The AFK player wouldn't earn any XP and credits though.

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,512 posts
8,233 battles
2 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

I report all AFKs.

It'd be nice if WG can have AI take over a ship if the player is AFK after a certain amount of time. The AFK player wouldn't earn any XP and credits though.

hmmm...I like the AI take-over thing.  I'm sure someone that knows more than me will come along to say how impractical it would be.  but I like the originality.  

[WOLF7]
Members
11,206 posts
1 hour ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

How often does she have car problems? Clearly you need to do a better job maintaining her car....:Smile_teethhappy: