Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

Would WG Have the Courage for This?

34 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
8,948 battles

We have ships from the Nazi era, the Soviet era..Nationalist and Red China, but would WG ever have the courage to give us an Israeli ship, like the INS Eliat, former HMS Zealous?

EILAT_3.jpg

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,683 posts
3,820 battles

maybe as long as it doesn't have missiles it takes time to build a branch and this could be a nice start to a new branch for Israel a destroyer line perhaps. Don't expect it to happen for some time though maybe a couple years down the road they will.

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,652 battles

It would be great to have a Middle East line from the 1910s-1960s. Lots of ships. 

RN Hunt Class DD in Egyptian service (and Chinese!)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Mendip_(L60)#Egyptian_Navy_service

Iran would have a ton of US and UK ships. Turkey...

T2 cruiser. Probably have to make the big guns decorations and use the smaller ones.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_cruiser_Hamidiye 
The Motlke class battlecruisers.

• Cool 1

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles
15 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

It would be great to have a Middle East line from the 1910s-1960s. Lots of ships. 

RN Hunt Class DD in Egyptian service (and Chinese!)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Mendip_(L60)#Egyptian_Navy_service

Iran would have a ton of US and UK ships. Turkey...

T2 cruiser. Probably have to make the big guns decorations and use the smaller ones.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_cruiser_Hamidiye 
The Motlke class battlecruisers.

Sounds like a wonderful idea, Taichunger. A lot of different ships could be implemented into the game for this.  Thanks for sharing!

[SEOP]
Members
1,512 posts
8,233 battles
1 hour ago, KalishniKat said:

We have ships from the Nazi era, the Soviet era..Nationalist and Red China, but would WG ever have the courage to give us an Israeli ship, like the INS Eliat, former HMS Zealous?

EILAT_3.jpg

why would introduction of an Israelis DD into WoT entail an act of courage?

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,757 posts
3,906 battles

So Pan Middle East line when?

With more extreme gimmicks? I vote for Pan Middle Eastern AP that only fuses on DDs and Cruisers, but is ineffective vs carriers and BBs. And they only carry AP. Like RNCLs.

[SEOP]
Members
1,512 posts
8,233 battles
Just now, YamatoA150 said:

So Pan Middle East line when?

With more extreme gimmicks? I vote for Pan Middle Eastern AP that only fuses on DDs and Cruisers, but is ineffective vs carriers and BBs. And they only carry AP. Like RNCLs.

how about:  Pan Middle Eastern AP that only fuses on DDs and Cruisers, but is ineffective vs carriers and BBs. Except they only carry HE.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,757 posts
3,906 battles
6 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

how about:  Pan Middle Eastern AP that only fuses on DDs and Cruisers, but is ineffective vs carriers and BBs. Except they only carry HE.

But almost all DDs already use HE only! We need to gimmick them! At least they will have normal torps for BBs and CVs! :cap_book: We're going the opposite direction of Pan Asia DDs! Besides, we can't give them the same gimmicks as their regular British DD line counterparts!

[SEOP]
Members
1,512 posts
8,233 battles
1 minute ago, YamatoA150 said:

But almost all DDs already use HE only! We need to gimmick them! At least they will have normal torps for BBs and CVs! :cap_book: We're going the opposite direction of Pan Asia DDs! Besides, we can't give them the same gimmicks as their regular British DD line counterparts!

sorry -- I thought you were kidding.  I was just pilling on.

but yeah I definitely agree -- the WG gimmick thing for every new line is getting a bit thin. 

[PSP]
Members
8,092 posts

Israel was not a country until after WWII. Not to mention that they never produced any warships of their own during the timeframe of WOWS. There is a Tribal class RN DD in the works and after that we will probably eventually see the Z class or thereabouts. The HMS Zealous was not acquired by Israel until 1955, which is pushing the top limits of the WOWS timeframe.

Edited by Snargfargle

[-BRS-]
Members
2,391 posts
15,390 battles

It'd be fun to see them bring in the South American lines buncha ships to play with

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Though I'm as interested as anyone else in more pan-regional, multinational lines as the next guy (read: fairly interested), I don't see how including anything Israeli would be anything remotely approaching an "act of courage."

So, all in all, fail troll is fail. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,512 posts
8,233 battles

If we are looking for non-cookie cutter British clones, how about the Dutch Navy...anyone...Bueller -- Bueller?   Maybe not enough there for a full tech tree.  But if we are talking about stand alone premiums ala the Błyskawica.

Dunno much about the Swedish Navy -- but maybe there's some original fodder to be squeezed from Scandinavia for a stand alone Prem with a non-UK clone design.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,757 posts
3,906 battles
7 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

sorry -- I thought you were kidding.  I was just pilling on.

but yeah I definitely agree -- the WG gimmick thing for every new line is getting a bit thin. 

I was definitely kidding. But I really wouldn't put it past WG to give us an AP-only DD line, using some minor/mixed ship line such as a Pan Middle East line.

Considering that many of the ships would also be British, WG isn't likely going to give that line the same gimmicks they'd give to a regular British DD line, just like how the Pan Asian DDs don't have any of the same playstyle as their non-PA equivalents.

At the current rate, having a series of individual Premium DDs would be preferable to another minor naval powers line with a one-trick gimmick and then over buffed somewhere to compensate (PA Smoke being the former CBT smoke rather than still reasonably strong USN smoke). Sure, Blys is slightly powercreeped, but she doesn't have any weird gimmicks as opposed to a theoretical Pan Eurasian or Pan Minor European navy line.

Members
3,832 posts
8,150 battles
9 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Though I'm as interested as anyone else in more pan-regional, multinational lines as the next guy (read: fairly interested), I don't see how including anything Israeli would be anything remotely approaching an "act of courage."

Well said.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
8,948 battles
52 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

WG was afraid to put real flags on the pan Asian line for fear of offending people...Israel is a sticky subject for a lot of people. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,447 posts
11,433 battles

The Pan-Asians got the JKN, Scott DL(ish) and R class before the RN. The Commonwealth branch got the V&W class before the RN.

I'd be for this, but could the RN possibly get an RN destroyer before another nation gets the same class more frequently than, well Gallant.

[SEOP]
Members
1,512 posts
8,233 battles
9 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

WG was afraid to put real flags on the pan Asian line for fear of offending people...Israel is a sticky subject for a lot of people. 

the Israelis Flag is in WoT. 

conversely WG is pretty hardcore about making sure no Nazi or swastika stuff makes it into the game.  there was just a big dust up about this in the WoWs mod section.  they are also pretty hardcore about coming down on any kind of anti semitic bile in the forums and in match chat.  

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
473 posts
11,590 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Because there are only a few maps in WoT that have a body of water large enough a DD could float it.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Dirt said:

I agree, what's so courageous about another line of ships that's retreads if other lines?

We already have pan Asian for obvious financial motivation.  For the most part just USN/RN ships with deep water torps.  

I'd like to see ships restricted to the builder for the most part. Outside of scattered premiums that gained their fame under a flag other than the original.  I mean, I enjoy the Lol Yang for it's gameplay, but I question adding the Benson with a Chinese flag to a silver tech tree.

Sign in to follow this