Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
capncrunch21

Curious - HSF camo visibliity

11 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
1,363 posts

I recently got the High School Fleet camo for my Yamato. Is there any way to turn off the visual, without removing the camo?

(Everytime I click the 'eyeball' button in the port screen, instead of just not seeing the camo, it removes it)

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,478 posts
16,267 battles

Not in the vanilla game. Gotta have the visual if you want the bonus, or mod it.

[SIMP]
Members
1,363 posts
20 minutes ago, Lert said:

Not in the vanilla game. Gotta have the visual if you want the bonus, or mod it.

I don't understand.

If I disable the visuals, doesn't that mean that the bonuses should be removed from all enemy ships too that have it equipped?  You know, since it removes my bonuses (simply because I don't want to see it without adding a mod pack).

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,478 posts
16,267 battles
1 minute ago, capncrunch21 said:

If I disable the visuals, doesn't that mean that the bonuses should be removed from all enemy ships too that have it equipped?  You know, since it removes my bonuses (simply because I don't want to see it without adding a mod pack).

No. Why would a local filter on your computer impact other players?

If you filter out HSF content you won't see HSF content, and not be able to use HSF content. It doesn't affect others.

Members
3,050 posts
11,704 battles

If you use your interface option to hide HSF camo, it removes it from your ship altogether (as in you no longer have ANY camo on it, no bonuses), and it will render any ship in-game as having no camouflage in your client.  The enemy ships will still enjoy the bonus, but they will appear to have no camo.  You can't disable HSF camo and retain the bonus, not unless you mod it.

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
30 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

I recently got the High School Fleet camo for my Yamato. Is there any way to turn off the visual, without removing the camo?

(Everytime I click the 'eyeball' button in the port screen, instead of just not seeing the camo, it removes it)

yeah -- you can edit your camo file.  Than save it to your most recent res mod folder.  I do this routinely for the more hideous in-game camos.  Course other folks in match will see the default\in-game camo rather than your mod'd camo.  But at least I don't have to look at the default camo.  The frosty fir one is particularly bad.  I received a ton of these things over the holidays.  the default looks like microwaved vomit.     

Members
3,050 posts
11,704 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Dirt said:

yeah -- you can edit your camo file.  Than save it to your most recent res mod folder.  I do this routinely for the more hideous in-game camos.  Course other folks in match will see the default\in-game camo rather than your mod'd camo.  But at least I don't have to look at the default camo.  The frosty fir one is particularly bad.  I received a ton of these things over the holidays.  the default looks like microwaved vomit.     

HSF camo is not in the same file with the others, its a separate skin with geometry changes.  Yeah.  You can still mod it, but it is more involved than manually manipulating camo file.

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

HSF camo is not in the same file with the others, its a separate skin with geometry changes.  Yeah.  You can still mod it, but it is more involved than manually manipulating camo file.

ah-sooo...perhaps that is why I have been unable to find the Type-59 in the camo file?

Members
3,050 posts
11,704 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

ah-sooo...perhaps that is why I have been unable to find the Type-59 in the camo file?

No, the type 59 is there, I was able to change it.  It just has a different name, I dont remember what it was.

• Cool 1

Members
3,050 posts
11,704 battles
26 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Ah, found it, the type 59 uses the following texture: Ship_dazzle_tile_camo_SuperEco_27.dds

In the camo file look for Super_ECO_Type_8

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles

sweet...Thanks Ramsalot!

Its actually not a bad looking camo in stock.  But I kinda want to fiddle with it for giggles.

Edited by Dr_Dirt

Sign in to follow this