Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ntman68

He had fun and was engaged...

34 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,235 posts
9,096 battles

Poor guy.  Hope he thanked you for the flags.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,207 battles

Not even with an AP shell. JFC, Karma's going to be a MF when she catches up with you.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,207 battles
Just now, Ghostdog1355 said:

How is that even possible?

No doubt this is the question Admiral Holland asked himself as the pride of the Royal Navy was blowing up and splitting in two.

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Members
2,096 posts
6,729 battles

At least you hit him and didn't get a splash full health detonation.

Luckily this won't happen as of the next patch.

[KNMSU]
Members
3,365 posts
3,938 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No doubt this is the question Admiral Holland asked himself as the pride of the Royal Navy was blowing up and splitting in two.

I tend to think a more pressing matter in his mind at that moment was likely "boy, that water is going to be cold."

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,207 battles

And if you think this is fantastic, Lert just reported something that went one better. 5700-odd destroyer-killing stroke from ZERO shells fired by a secondary gun.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,387 battles
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And if you think this is fantastic, Lert just reported something that went one better. 5700-odd destroyer-killing stroke from ZERO shells fired by a secondary gun.

I need that gunnery officer aboard my ship!

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
1 hour ago, ntman68 said:

I apologized... a lot.

#karmaiscomingforme

2018-02-21.jpg

you're coming off as a bit disingenuous...I don't think you're sorry...nor do I sense that you have any intention of repenting from detonating people in the future. 

I actually think WG has the detonation flag reward thing butt-backwards.  I think the dude or dudette that does the detonating should get some reward flags.  The detonated should be stuck with salty tears and the deep regret of having presented a full broadside to a wall of AP.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,368 battles

Seal Clubber! Shame on you. Just kidding. Well played ntman68. Sometimes a lucky shot will get to the magazine and... repeat after me. BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!

• Bad 1

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Shells were fired, but none hit. The splash damage from the miss detonated the magazine.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
10 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

Shells were fired, but none hit. The splash damage from the miss detonated the magazine.

a shiny example of the "golden BB" phenomenon  

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

My hipper was detonated today too ... by a bayern.  Thankfully my team won.

[INTEL]
Members
8,567 posts
25,652 battles
17 hours ago, Dr_Dirt said:

you're coming off as a bit disingenuous...I don't think you're sorry...nor do I sense that you have any intention of repenting from detonating people in the future. 

I actually think WG has the detonation flag reward thing butt-backwards.  I think the dude or dudette that does the detonating should get some reward flags.  The detonated should be stuck with salty tears and the deep regret of having presented a full broadside to a wall of AP.  

Yeah, except you can be detonated from any angle, and even from shells that dont hit the ship. Completely idiotic. WG keeps Random AFKs -- I mean dets --  in the game just to speed things up, a giant middle finger to aggressive players playing hard. Sucks.

We nearly lost a game yesterday because of a late-game detonation of our Amagi after he bravely and competently outfought an Akizuki in our cap to save the day. Really tired of losing games because WG needs to put extra AFKs in the match. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
1,834 posts
17,607 battles
7 hours ago, Batwingsix said:

Um... the song is "Sink the Bismarck" not "Sink the Hipper"

Bismarck & Prince Eugene weren't available so he went for Prince Eugene's sister.

Members
842 posts

There's really no excuse for Detonations in this game. None at all. We're not a reality simulator, we're a video game.

All Detonations do is screw over teams randomly.  It's a shining textbook example of bad User Experience (UX) design.

The proposed "protecting" 100-75% healthy ships from detonations isn't going to fix anything at all.  

But hey, given all the other horrible UX design failures, it's sadly par for the course.

Edited by EAnybody
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,771 battles
9 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

How is that even possible?

Done it in CBT with a Baltimore HE Salvo, into a Cleveland. Poor Cleveland got insta deleted and never got too fire a shot in anger. 

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,945 battles
9 hours ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Seal Clubber! Shame on you. Just kidding. Well played ntman68. Sometimes a lucky shot will get to the magazine and... repeat after me. BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!

Repeat after me: THE MECHANIC ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING POSITIVE IN THE GAME.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Lol. Every time I get a Detonation against someone... it's usually caused by my Secondaries. 

I recall one player call me out that my Main Batteries weren't even pointing in his direction; then he saw the CQB award and promptly said "Fun. And.. EnRaging..." 

Anyways, he got a "Worthy Adversary" compliment from me post match. He needed some help with better karma. 

But got to farm those Det flags somehow... wish it wasn't restricted to once per day. I'd be nice to have a stockpile before the next ranked season begins. 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,207 battles
3 hours ago, Pulicat said:

Repeat after me: THE MECHANIC ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING POSITIVE IN THE GAME.

Except that it did (until recently) have a historical basis. Protecting ships > 75% HP now makes that unrealistic, but until now it has been completely 100% defensible.

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,945 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Except that it did (until recently) have a historical basis. Protecting ships > 75% HP now makes that unrealistic, but until now it has been completely 100% defensible.

A small functionality that could happen in life surrounded by a myriad of other things that do not is not positive.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this