You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

Battle of Java Sea

15 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
11,137 battles

With the anniversary of the battle coming up, lets take a look at the heroic historic ships that WG likes to ignore in favor of mace up Russian stuff. HMS Exeter, HMS Jupiter.HMS Electra, HNLMS Java, HNLMS DE Ruyter, HNLMS Piet Hein USS Houston etc. It's a shame this battle is overlooked, and that the entire Dutch navvy is overlooked.

Photo06caExeter1NP.jpg

F85.jpg

3TQ5KCUVJFE2VD66EJDTG5NM24.jpg

1200px-HNLMS_Kortenaer.jpg

HNLMS_De_Ruyter.jpg

HMS_Electra.jpg

1200px-HNLMS_Piet_Hein_(full_speed).jpg

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Members
1,776 posts
6,729 battles

Ah well, tiny country. Will come some day I guess.

T7 Pan Asian DD was a Dutch ship though and also the upcoming premium German DD was Dutch, if I am correct.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,485 posts
16,277 battles

Obligatory +1 from me.

It's somewhat likely we'll see De Ruyter at some point in the future, though personally I'd rather they introduce one of the more interesting Dutch ships rather than a fairly standard low tier CL.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
11,137 battles

The tier system seems to limit the introduction of a lot of very cool historic ships as they would flood the low to mid tiers. German battlecruisers and all.....

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,241 posts
12,979 battles
11 minutes ago, joris92 said:

Ah well, tiny country. Will come some day I guess.

I hope some day too, we do have ships from Poland, Thailand and Indonesia as well as other 'ahem' East Asian countries in the game.

There are some great pictures here, and some ships which would make great side-branches, or premiums. I do like the look of the Dutch Destroyers, and I like their hull designations (KN - Kortenaer, PH - Piet Hein etc).

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles

Last year, it was 75 years after the Battle... WG looks only at the Battle of Midway and the other “Famous” once :)

A shame cause even the not well known battles where fought by men who gave their lives so we can have the freedom we know today… Maybe @SuperNikoPower and/or @Pigeon_of_War can do something this year. Yeah it’s 76 years ago but maybe they can make it up for it?

Last year @NoZoupForYou gave a worthy remembrance!

Never forget the forces from ABDACOM!

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/116573-27-february-2017-75-years-later/

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
11,137 battles
10 hours ago, Lionel92 said:

Last year, it was 75 years after the Battle... WG looks only at the Battle of Midway and the other “Famous” once :)

A shame cause even the not well known battles where fought by men who gave their lives so we can have the freedom we know today… Maybe @SuperNikoPower and/or @Pigeon_of_War can do something this year. Yeah it’s 76 years ago but maybe they can make it up for it?

Last year @NoZoupForYou gave a worthy remembrance!

Never forget the forces from ABDACOM!

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/116573-27-february-2017-75-years-later/

I wish they would but at WG history takes a back seat to anime and made up never sailed Russian ships. No Dutch ships even though the Dutch navy was far more engaged than the Russian navy. NO Royal Navy heavy cruisers, no Royal Navy carriers, hardly any RN destroyers...but Stalingrad we get...squeaky anime girls we get in droves...no USS Houston, no Ajax, no Achilles....sigh......but do you want a made up invented French BB? no problem

Edited by KalishniKat

[THF41]
Members
334 posts
5,601 battles
On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, KalishniKat said:

I wish they would but at WG history takes a back seat to anime and made up never sailed Russian ships. No Dutch ships even though the Dutch navy was far more engaged than the Russian navy. NO Royal Navy heavy cruisers, no Royal Navy carriers, hardly any RN destroyers...but Stalingrad we get...squeaky anime girls we get in droves...no USS Houston, no Ajax, no Achilles....sigh......but do you want a made up invented French BB? no problem

Patience my friend, these ship lines will be in-game all in due time I'm certain. RN DD's are an eventuality, same with RN CV's and Heavy Cruisers. As for Dutch ships, research I have done so far supports a Full DD Line from Tiers 2-10 and at the very least a partial Cruiser line from Tiers 1-8 (it's more than possible there are other designs suitable for the missing tiers, I just haven't come across any mention of them yet).

However: knowing with what's already coming so far this year (French BB's already released, the USN Cruiser split already underway in testing, etc.), not to mention other ships lines that still have yet to be introduced (some of which we just mentioned), the devs at WG can only do so much so fast. The good thing is these kinds of games are long term commitments (who ever heard of an online game ever truly being "completed"?) so with the right amount of patience, all good things (or ships / ship lines in this case) come to those who wait.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,098 posts
6,281 battles
On 3/13/2018 at 3:01 AM, LordHood2552 said:

Patience my friend, these ship lines will be in-game all in due time I'm certain. RN DD's are an eventuality, same with RN CV's and Heavy Cruisers. As for Dutch ships, research I have done so far supports a Full DD Line from Tiers 2-10 and at the very least a partial Cruiser line from Tiers 1-8 (it's more than possible there are other designs suitable for the missing tiers, I just haven't come across any mention of them yet).

However: knowing with what's already coming so far this year (French BB's already released, the USN Cruiser split already underway in testing, etc.), not to mention other ships lines that still have yet to be introduced (some of which we just mentioned), the devs at WG can only do so much so fast. The good thing is these kinds of games are long term commitments (who ever heard of an online game ever truly being "completed"?) so with the right amount of patience, all good things (or ships / ship lines in this case) come to those who wait.

IMO WG would be better served to get lines up to T9 finished and released with the promise that T10 ships are coming. Introducing more lines at one time forces more players to play the line rather than free xp to the top. Releasing multiple top tier ships in multiple lines at the same time would allow for better balancing between the 'heavyweights' of each nation, be they cruisers, dd's, carriers or Bbs

Members
75 posts
2,743 battles

Near nothing rest today of this ships by the bottom of the Java Sea. Indonesian had scrapped and recovered all metal of hulks, one of the last in dissapared last year were the remains of the De Ruyter.   

Members
109 posts
1,415 battles
On 2/22/2018 at 3:43 PM, Lert said:

Obligatory +1 from me.

It's somewhat likely we'll see De Ruyter at some point in the future, though personally I'd rather they introduce one of the more interesting Dutch ships rather than a fairly standard low tier CL.

I'd love to see the De Ruyter, although partially that's from the board game Victory in the Pacific where it's the only Allied CL in the game (the game is mostly CA and up but they wanted the Dutch Navy represented) and thus one of the weakest ships in the game, and also has a fun reputation as one of the luckiest.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,241 posts
12,979 battles
2 hours ago, HMS_Guinness said:

Wasn't the USS Marblehead there?

Nope, Marblehead was damaged in an earlier air attack and was making her laborious way home by Java Sea.