You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ricky_Racer

FLAG-O-RAMA "Special Event" EU Only?

21 comments in this topic

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles

Is this event for the EU server only?

·                                 Play any battle type with ships of Tier V and above, with signal flags mounted.

·                                 Every 15 signal flags "spent", you will earn one chance at receiving a prize (30 signals = 2 chances, and so on).

·                                 Prizes are limited to one per account. 

·                                 In total 3,050 winners will be determined at random on the EU server.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,581 battles

Hello Clan Wars, I burn flags like money!

[PROJX]
Members
968 posts
15,707 battles
22 minutes ago, Junostorm said:

I'll assume they meant NA

Hey Junostorm - If this event was advertised on the EU - I'd caution against making this assumption - the 4 servers and China have their own promotional activities in addition to the global release coordinated activities.   As such, in the same way that the EU server didn't have a Corgi event this weekend, this event may be for EU only - if the source of the OPs info came from a EU forum or WOWS EU website, this likely only applies to players on the EU server.

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
452 posts
5,543 battles
2 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

Hey Junostorm - If this event was advertised on the EU - I'd caution against making this assumption - the 4 servers and China have their own promotional activities in addition to the global release coordinated activities.   As such, in the same way that the EU server didn't have a Corgi event this weekend, this event may be for EU only - if the source of the OPs info came from a EU forum or WOWS EU website, this likely only applies to players on the EU server.

Unfortunately, that was in the news article on the NA homepage.

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles
2 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

if the source of the OPs info came from a EU forum or WOWS EU website, this likely only applies to players on the EU server.

Actually, it came from the in-game's General News. The link next to your name. I only play on the NA server.

[PROJX]
Members
968 posts
15,707 battles
5 minutes ago, DanielLeary said:

Unfortunately, that was in the news article on the NA homepage.

i see - I was looking at a early unrefreshed homepage before this notice was posted - you're right - this probably falls into the 5 server coordination/transation issues that often happen.

Edited by hangglide42

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,964 battles

Well I hope it will be a good birthday present for me than this weekend ^^

[TBW]
Members
6,399 posts
12,031 battles

Apparently the event happened last month  on the EU server, I suspect it is a copy paste issue. I run no less than 5 signals per battle and sometimes all 8. I don't have much luck at hat picking though.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
58 minutes ago, Ricky_Racer said:

·                                 Play any battle type with ships of Tier V and above, with signal flags mounted.

·                                 Every 15 signal flags "spent", you will earn one chance at receiving a prize (30 signals = 2 chances, and so on).

·                                 In total 3,050 winners will be determined at random on the EU server.

Yeah I noticed it too. I assume it's a typo, but in the grand scheme of things: meh. Going through 100 flags in a weekend is nothing, so my behavior isn't gona change either way, and 3050 winners is a small pool anyway so I'm not gona sweat on this.

[BIAS]
Members
3,139 posts
9,228 battles

Yeah, it's normal. WGNA just takes  WGEU's work and copy paste it on their website. 

Look no further than some of the announcements for the KOTS event that only listed EU matches and EU times... 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,358 posts
9,527 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

Yeah, it's normal. WGNA does nothing for themselves anymore. They just take WGEU's work and copy paste it on their website. 

Look no further than some of the announcements for the KOTS event that only listed EU matches and EU times... 

Well.... the office is moving so.... I am thrilled we get to mirror EU rather than just have a dry spell.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,015 posts

" This weekend from Feb. 23, 03:20 PT (06:20 ET) until Feb. 25, 03:20 PT (06:20 ET) "

so it ends sunday morning? that's only 2 days?

[MBR]
Members
227 posts
5,679 battles

take a look on the translated pages about the same topic

It says that the event begun at 02/16 and ended 02/18 lol

asdfgh.thumb.JPG.da10b01ae71b5db086866258bbbeebef.JPG

Edited by MaxVladimus

[WOLF1]
Members
2,015 posts

also is the drawing immediate? or only after 2 days of play? say you spent 15x10 flags, you rolled 10 times at the end? but the total number of winners are fixed, so how exactly does that work? I guess can't be rolled real time otherwise those played early will be the winners...

PS, my guess is it has to be rolled at the end of the event, then top 3050 rolls win

and

before you get too excited, only 50 roma will be rewarded, and 3000 type 6 camo (each win 10)...

Edited by Happy668

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
1 hour ago, Ricky_Racer said:

its been announced on the NA WoT web site for this weekends event.  perhaps its a slightly different version than EU...?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/we-get-signal/

[ICOP]
Members
934 posts
3,408 battles
3 hours ago, hangglide42 said:

NA Server

[PROJX]
Members
968 posts
15,707 battles
18 minutes ago, Junostorm said:

NA Server

Hey Junostorm - As I responded to Ricky Racer, did not know the source of the OP’s comment & the notice was posted on the NA server later today than when I originally looked at the homepage of the NA website.   Agree this promo is suffering from some of the copy paste & translation issues that WG sometimes has in coordinating its regions.

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles
10 hours ago, hangglide42 said:

Hey Junostorm - As I responded to Ricky Racer, did not know the source of the OP’s comment & the notice was posted on the NA server later today than when I originally looked at the homepage of the NA website.   Agree this promo is suffering from some of the copy paste & translation issues that WG sometimes has in coordinating its regions.

Copy & Paste :cap_fainting:

Rolling Stones : "Time Is On My Side"

Thanks for the clarifications all. I was just curious.