You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

ST-LOUIS ANYONE?

19 comments in this topic

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles

I chose her to finish off the French Progression Mission (15 wins) and it went very well indeed. With Steering Mod 2 & 3 plus speed boost this ship can juke around like a DD. Very hard to hit or torp. Most of the damage was from fire and inertia fuse hits.

5a8f1d76a147e_Saint-Louis2.jpg.245e14855fcfe4172baa35a856e819a0.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,241 posts
12,789 battles

Oh, Saint Louis - from the thread subject I thought you were talking about the T3 USCA.

Nice battle.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[KNMSU]
Members
3,370 posts
4,003 battles

Many of those low-tier cruisers are OP so long as battleships ignore you - the DPS on several of them is ridiculous. The problems, of course, arise once people swing their turrets around.

*Edit* Oh, wait, I got fooled like Lert did. Bad, OP, bad.

MNZQp7.gif

Edited by Battlecruiser_Lutzow

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

I got my first ever Kraken in the Aurora, not long after the achievements were first put into the game. Makes me wonder if I should start taking the St. Louis out into Randoms more often, so I can be a violet stet pedder too.

I'm nowhere near the Saint-Louis, though, and certainly in no hurry to get there.

[SF-A]
Members
2,899 posts
5,719 battles

I love the ship. Very very difficult to hit at range, but if you don't have IFHE (like me, since I plan to move the captain into the Henri) fires can get annoyingly rare.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,166 posts
14,583 battles

I liked Saint-Louis more than Charles Martel because the AA made her a much more complete ship.  SGM2+3, I didn't even slot MBM3 because it slowed down my turrets while maneuvering.  CVs weren't a problem in her.

Only problem I had with S-L is a common Tier IX problem.  Once I got the Tier X, the reason to keep using the Tier IX evaporated.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

Oh, Saint Louis - from the thread subject I thought you were talking about the T3 USCA.

Nice battle.

Me too...I looked at that damage total and thought there isn't that much damage in a tier 3 match is there?

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,129 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Nice battle.

So was I.  My expectations have been dashed.

[RS]
Members
84 posts
10,269 battles
1 hour ago, pewpewpew42 said:

I love the ship. Very very difficult to hit at range, but if you don't have IFHE (like me, since I plan to move the captain into the Henri) fires can get annoyingly rare.

If you run IFHE on anything with guns bigger than 180mm, you're wasting 4 precious commander skillpoints anyways. And IFHE reduces your fire chance on top of that.

[OPG]
Members
3,982 posts
5,700 battles
4 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Wait what :cap_wander:

I'm sorry, but this post just confuses me to no end.  For starters, why would you need IFHE on the Saint Louis?  Secondly, you are aware that while not strictly needed or recommended, IFHE does actually have a somewhat notable benefit on Henri, right?  And lastly, why does not having IFHE make fires "annoyingly rare"?  Not taking IFHE should improve your fire chance

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 2

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles
24 minutes ago, ThePfeil said:

If you run IFHE on anything with guns bigger than 180mm, you're wasting 4 precious commander skillpoints anyways. And IFHE reduces your fire chance on top of that.

You're both right and I am going to drop IFHE, merci bien. :cap_like:

Members
2,594 posts
12,485 battles

I miss grinding the French cruisers. I loved putting 19 points all in last stand and still having engines knocked out... good times.

[SF-A]
Members
2,899 posts
5,719 battles
15 hours ago, ThePfeil said:

14 hours ago, yashma said:

Wait what :cap_wander:

I'm sorry, but this post just confuses me to no end.  For starters, why would you need IFHE on the Saint Louis?  Secondly, you are aware that while not strictly needed or recommended, IFHE does actually have a somewhat notable benefit on Henri, right?  And lastly, why does not having IFHE make fires "annoyingly rare"?  Not taking IFHE should improve your fire chance

Gah! Sorry guys, I meant to say even without IFHE fires can be annoyingly rare. I don't think IFHE does anything for Henri since its' guns are so large anyways, right?

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,849 battles
17 hours ago, Lert said:

Nice battle.

LOL, so did I :fish_palm:

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
17 hours ago, BullpupWOT said:

Me too...I looked at that damage total and thought there isn't that much damage in a tier 3 match is there?

Not usually, no. Very tough to maintain very high damage numbers at lower tiers. I got fooled by the title, but figured it out on the SS.

[OPG]
Members
3,982 posts
5,700 battles
11 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Gah! Sorry guys, I meant to say even without IFHE fires can be annoyingly rare. I don't think IFHE does anything for Henri since its' guns are so large anyways, right?

IFHE allows the Henri to penetrate 50mm of armor, which can be very useful against German BBs and Khabas.  I personally don't recommend it and think it's a massive waste of points, but the general forum consensus is that you can take IFHE on the Henri with out being labeled a potato.

As far as the Saint Louis' fire starting is concerned, I don't know what to tell you.  It fires nine shells with a 19% fire chance every 8.8 seconds.  I personally found it to be one of the best fire starters in the entire game, RNGesus must just not like you.  

[SF-A]
Members
2,899 posts
5,719 battles
Just now, yashma said:

IFHE allows the Henri to penetrate 50mm of armor, which can be very useful against German BBs and Khabas.  I personally don't recommend it and think it's a massive waste of points, but the general forum consensus is that you can take IFHE on the Henri with out being labeled a potato.

As far as the Saint Louis' fire starting is concerned, I don't know what to tell you.  It fires nine shells with a 19% fire chance every 8.8 seconds.  I personally found it to be one of the best fire starters in the entire game, RNGesus must just not like you.  

Yup. That or fire-prevention builds are just much more common these days. Not sure how else to explain 100-HE hit, 4-fire games.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,808 battles
19 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I chose her to finish off the French Progression Mission (15 wins) and it went very well indeed. With Steering Mod 2 & 3 plus speed boost this ship can juke around like a DD. Very hard to hit or torp. Most of the damage was from fire and inertia fuse hits.

5a8f1d76a147e_Saint-Louis2.jpg.245e14855fcfe4172baa35a856e819a0.jpg

Nice job man! I surprised myself 1 day in her. I had a 263k damage match in her. I have yet to get even close to 200k in her since.