You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1HandTiedBehindMyBack

Again how is afking not vastly more toxic than chat?

99 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
355 posts
7,748 battles

So much like the much talked about carrier revamp which was just a massive us carrier nerf explain to me why WG refuses to do anything about people going afk?  (other than every patch being super buggy and causing more afk from crashes)  Had 5 games in a row with afks, twice or carrier ans SHOCKER we lost.  You allow chat blocking and blacklist and a filter but NOTHING done about something that has a huge effect on actual gameplay.  Oh wait I guess they are spending all their time on another fantasy super mega ship for a nation that has never won a single major naval battle.  Then again this is the same company that can't find a single staff member that speaks english so I guess not really a shock.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 13

[CUTER]
Members
702 posts
19,061 battles

Oh AFKs how wonderful they are.  Frustrating to see on your team, but a pleasure to farm on the other!

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,745 posts
3,490 battles
6 minutes ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

I wouldn't say the US cv rework was a nerf, in fact I see us CVs especially high tier doing great

Except for the fact that only Midway, Langley, Saipan, and Enterprise have a 50%+ winrate.

What's the prize for being slightly less awful?

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,745 posts
3,490 battles

Btw, in the QA transcript I believe @Sub_Octavian did beam down a message that they were looking into a punishment system for AFK players.

Members
4,177 posts

Again, it boils down to some things.  How do you distinguish between a person who say, loses power or internet against one who is willingly going AFK?  The only ones I truly dislike are those who rage in chat at the beginning of a game about how we're doom and then exits the game.

• Cool 1

Members
18,281 posts
5,224 battles
5 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

Again, it boils down to some things.  How do you distinguish between a person who say, loses power or internet against one who is willingly going AFK?  

Not only that, but if you run into an AFK player in say, 10 out of 20 games, yeah, that seems bad, until you realise that it's 10 different random people out of 10000.

[SALVO]
Members
17,100 posts
17,770 battles
54 minutes ago, 1HandTiedBehindMyBack said:

So much like the much talked about carrier revamp which was just a massive us carrier nerf explain to me why WG refuses to do anything about people going afk?  (other than every patch being super buggy and causing more afk from crashes)  Had 5 games in a row with afks, twice or carrier ans SHOCKER we lost.  You allow chat blocking and blacklist and a filter but NOTHING done about something that has a huge effect on actual gameplay.  Oh wait I guess they are spending all their time on another fantasy super mega ship for a nation that has never won a single major naval battle.  Then again this is the same company that can't find a single staff member that speaks english so I guess not really a shock.

Give me a break.  There are numerous, completely legitimate reasons why people can end up AFK.  They have to take an unexpected phone call or answer the doorbell.  Maybe if the player's a parent, there's some family situation that requires their immediate attention (like 2 kids arguing, or one crying, or whatever).  Maybe their ISP DC'd them.  Maybe they had to reboot their PC for some reason.  Maybe they're lost power.  The list goes on and on and on and on.  It's called Life Happens.  Deal with it.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 6

[PVE]
Members
1,607 posts
6,761 battles

and there lies the problem...how to tell whether a person has a problem or is intentionally afk.  The only true ones that deserve some sort of a penalty without appeal are like the ones I had the other night, was AFK almost the entire battle and then started moving during the last couple of minutes, when asked about it their reply was, "I went outside to have a smoke" and then went on to say, "its just a game"....arrrrgh!

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Although AFK happens quite frequently to complain about it here is going to be met with the FAQ's. 

Why Bother?

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
34 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Except for the fact that only Midway, Langley, Saipan, and Enterprise have a 50%+ winrate.

What's the prize for being slightly less awful?

Looking at warships today, only Essex, Ranger, and Lexington have WRs below 50% over the last two weeks.

For IJN, only Hakuryu has a WR below 50% in that span, which of course means that there is a considerable amount of data missing, because Independence and ryujo, Bogue and Zuiho, Langley and Hosho can't all have WRs above 50%.

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts
1 hour ago, 1HandTiedBehindMyBack said:

Then again this is the same company that can't find a single staff member that speaks english so I guess not really a shock.

This is the stupidest statement on these forums ever. Not only does WG NA have plenty of english speakers doing weekly livestreams, but Sub_Octavian, one of the lead developers in Russia, very regularly interacts with players on Reddit and podcasts.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

People hate AFK's, problem is most people don't NOTICE an AFK player on their team right away, given the sheer volume of players that hide, scared, cowering in the back of a team, it's easy to mistake an AFK BB or CA or DD as just someone waiting to be the last guy in.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles

It is amazing that an AFK player can earn a solo warrior. Someone made a post the other day about how they go AFK if they think that the players on their team aren't good due to stats.  It sucks but there is no real good way to determine an AFKs reason for AFK. There should be a punishment for leaving the battle early though (unless you were sunk), they can tell if you left and went back to port. Then they should give you a battle ban for say 30 minutes or so, or at the very least, until the battle you left is over.

• Bad 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,218 posts
9,006 battles
1 hour ago, Madwolf05 said:

Btw, in the QA transcript I believe @Sub_Octavian did beam down a message that they were looking into a punishment system for AFK players.

It had better take account game crashes 

• Cool 1

Members
73 posts
4,920 battles
9 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

People hate AFK's, problem is most people don't NOTICE an AFK player on their team right away, given the sheer volume of players that hide, scared, cowering in the back of a team, it's easy to mistake an AFK BB or CA or DD as just someone waiting to be the last guy in.

You can rage against AFK's all you want, but they are going to happen.  My suggestion, deal with it and learn to adapt and improvise.  I was trained to perform the next guys job, because if he dies, I have to do it.  Just like in real life, you lose someone, you adapt, you improvise, you do what it takes to get the job done.  No whining, no excuses!

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
265 posts
4,381 battles
1 hour ago, 1HandTiedBehindMyBack said:

Oh wait I guess they are spending all their time on another fantasy super mega ship for a nation that has never won a single major naval battle.  Then again this is the same company that can't find a single staff member that speaks english so I guess not really a shock.

Image result for salt gif

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

There is no point saying anything to an afk as they're not there

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,392 battles
2 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

There is no point saying anything to an afk as they're not there

AFK? Where are you? I know you guys hate when they are on your team but what about if they are on the opposing side and you earn the kill? Still a bad thing? Perception is reality. Here's one that will blow your mind... is it worst to have a pinky who's AFK? Discuss

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

Members
18,281 posts
5,224 battles

AFKs are great on my team, when I'm getting chased, and I can drag the enemy past them lol.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles
9 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

AFK? Where are you? I know you guys hate when they are on your team but what about if they are on the opposing side and you earn the kill? Still a bad thing? Perception is reality. Here's one that will blow your mind... is it worst to have a pinky who's AFK? Discuss

If he's pink and afk run into him.

• Funny 2

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

I was firing to the left in my smoke in my trashcan, a DM pushes into the smoke on my left side right next to me with 10 hp, i didnt see him and I fired, and the shots killed him and I turned pink for 7 games.  I'd rather have a pinky on the team that does something than an afk'er that does nothing.

But remember to not upset a DD player at the start who has torp reload, because you can get torped in the first 10 seconds of the game if your an [edited].