You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

When you know you're moments away from deleted

6 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
5,232 posts
16,433 battles

Amagi.  Toward the end of a somewhat close but winning game.  I'm about 30% health.  The enemy CV...Lexington...picks me as his next victim.  SBD and TBD.  I"m also engaged with a Monarch in the distance.  It's a classic combo...fist the SBD's..the then the TBDs.  I survive the SBD drop, but theTBDs have the angle.  I might avoid one torp with a hard turn...but I pretty much resolved I'm not going to beat the drop.  Recognizing I still have time to put a salvo on the Monarch, I give up on avoiding the TBD and spend my final moments lining up that shot instead of maneuver.  

After I get off the salvo, I return expecting to see those torps inbound...but the TBD squadron is gone.  I'm not sure what happened, but I notice a friendly fighter squadron.  Must have been a strafe.  From knowing I'm a goner to alive!!!!  Good job CV guy...whoever you are.  

• Cool 4

Members
155 posts
3,106 battles

I love those instances where you are certainly dead to somehow being alive... #onlyinworldofwarships

[YORHA]
Members
4,534 posts
8,693 battles

When I am in the position where I know I will be dead in the next 30 seconds or so, and when I am one of the last survivors, and what is left of my team is on low/no health while the reds are at almost full strength, I generally offer to accept their unconditional surrender.

Hasn't worked yet, but I keep trying.

• Funny 1