You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
saintsfan1622000

Issues with the Aigle not fixed

18 comments in this topic

Members
498 posts
13,083 battles

Just wanted to point out my frustrations with the Aigle and its issues that have not been fixed. 

Ever since its testing, the Aigle has had a camera bug and an issue with IFHE where it does not work on the ship. I saw a WG spokesman said during an interview that would be fixed in 0.7.3. For those know WG's update cycle, 0.7.3 should come out around March 21, which is a month from now and six weeks since the Aigle released. 

It's sad that WG continues to sell this ship with it's known issues, which I feel makes it unplayable. 

[BS]
Members
1,876 posts
9,543 battles

Yeah,  I'm not wasting doubloons to respec my Aigle captain temporarily. The ship is a brick, it needs good gunnery to make up for that. Seems like they could hotfix this IFHE problem, I'm betting it's just a simple math error in the code. Less than or equal to 139mm instead of just less than 139mm

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

What's the camera bug?  Mine was doing wonky things with zoom vs pulled out in my last battle. I couldn't get it to be in that slightly above and behind 3rd person view. 

Members
498 posts
13,083 battles
32 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Yeah,  I'm not wasting doubloons to respec my Aigle captain temporarily. The ship is a brick, it needs good gunnery to make up for that. Seems like they could hotfix this IFHE problem, I'm betting it's just a simple math error in the code. Less than or equal to 139mm instead of just less than 139mm

Sub Oct said fixing IFHE was more complex than people thought, but still, we've known about this for weeks now. 

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
612 posts
25,386 battles

I haven't had any issues with mine. I tend to shadow other DDs on my team for a few km back and once they are under attack I counter attack and sink the enemy DD. But if they are going to buff this ship it will be even better. It does some good work for me. 

[ANKER]
[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
524 posts
11,209 battles

The camera is lower and centered more on the dd. Makes it a little more difficult to play because it is a large ship. 

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
1 hour ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

I haven't had any issues with mine. I tend to shadow other DDs on my team for a few km back and once they are under attack I counter attack and sink the enemy DD. But if they are going to buff this ship it will be even better. It does some good work for me. 

Those looping shots are difficult for me to adjust to unless I play it multiple battles in a row. 

[SEOP]
Members
1,545 posts
8,233 battles
3 hours ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

...we've known about this for weeks now. 

Yup.  The broken IFHE thingy was pointed out by several community contributors on their youtube channel weeks ago.  As I recall, the issue is that if you use the IFHE skill on your Aigle cap'n you get schwacked with the -3 to fire chance for cruisers rather than the -1 for DDs.  Has it been mentioned in the fix list for the next patch?  Or has WG decided a properly functioning DD IFHE for the Aigle would make the ship OP?

Members
498 posts
13,083 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Yup.  The broken IFHE thingy was pointed out by several community contributors on their youtube channel weeks ago.  As I recall, the issue is that if you use the IFHE skill on your Aigle cap'n you get schwacked with the -3 to fire chance for cruisers rather than the -1 for DDs.  Has it been mentioned in the fix list for the next patch?  Or has WG decided a properly functioning DD IFHE for the Aigle would make the ship OP?

I saw Sub Oct or another WG spokesman say it was more complex to fix than that and would not be fixed until 0.7.3. 

[BS]
Members
1,876 posts
9,543 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Heh, I think if the Aigle had US smoke, it'd be OP when the fire bug is fixed. Probably balanced pretty well after the bug fix. The thing can't evade incoming rounds very well, it's better to do the propulsion mod with it...Especially when you're running the speed boost consumable. It's amazing how many torps I've evaded sitting in smoke because the ship can accelerate instantly.

It's a shame the shell velocity prevents you from putting AFT on it and playing it like a Russian light cruiser.

[SEOP]
Members
1,545 posts
8,233 battles
4 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

I saw Sub Oct or another WG spokesman say it was more complex to fix than that and would not be fixed until 0.7.3. 

perhaps.  although my own experience with marketers and public affairs spokesmen is that they may be bright in their own right, they aren't typically savvy in the more technical aspects of what it is they are spokesman for.  Sort of analogous to a coder or engineer who is highly technical but couldn't spokesman or market their way out of a wet paper bag.  To the coder or engineer the fix is probably simple.  The coder explains what is entailed in a fix to a spokesman or marketer, and the spokesman thinks to himself whow! -- that sounds frickin' hard\complicated!  We the unwashed masses only hear a lay person spokesman's interpretation of how hard such-and-such fix might be.      

[WOLF5]
Members
737 posts
15,560 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

perhaps.  although my own experience with marketers and public affairs spokesmen is that they may be bright in their own right, they aren't typically savvy in the more technical aspects of what it is they are spokesman for.  Sort of analogous to a coder or engineer who is highly technical but couldn't spokesman or market their way out of a wet paper bag.  To the coder or engineer the fix is probably simple.  The coder explains what is entailed in a fix to a spokesman or marketer, and the spokesman thinks to himself whow! -- that sounds frickin' hard\complicated!  We the unwashed masses only hear a lay person spokesman's interpretation of how hard such-and-such fix might be.      

Sub Octavian is one of the Developers. He's not a PR guy. He interacts with us on his own time. 

Members
498 posts
13,083 battles

He didn't describe the fix, but just said it wouldn't be fixed until 0.7.3, which is four weeks from now. It was Lordodroid, not Sub Oct. Sorry.

Aigle, will it get a bigger IFHE-penalty?
There is indeed an issue, as it gets a debuffed firechance she’s not expected to receive. It will be fixed, but it can’t be hotfixed, it requires a bit more work. It will be fixed in 0.7.3.

[SEOP]
Members
1,545 posts
8,233 battles
2 minutes ago, RevTKS said:

Sub Octavian is one of the Developers. He's not a PR guy. He interacts with us on his own time. 

It says there are two possible choices for the source of: "IFHE on the Aigle is a highly complex fix".  Regardless, its a premium that's been in the works for awhile. 

Personally I kind of like IFHE on my DD gunboats.  And while I was tempted to buy it rather early cause I like DDs...I'm content to just continue with the missions.  Maybe by the time I'm at 18 completes the IFHE thing will be "mended".