You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Carrier Control Bug? Anyone else?

16 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,094 posts

If you play carriers maybe you can help... When you issue multiple moves to your carrier or her planes via the Ctrl key, your pointer gains a tiny plus sign (+). This indicates your next click will be a continuation of the path previously issued. 

When I start a match in my carrier, the plus sign is already there. I cannot issue any commands to my planes nor my carrier. 

I wrote CS about it but that was fruitless so I closed the ticket. If you don't know/play carriers you won't understand what I'm talking about. So thought I'd ask the community. 

I did the integrity check - not a single update required. So the game is in "good standing" that way... It's extremely frustrating as I enjoy playing my T4/T5 carriers but cannot play these days because of this problem. 

Any constructive ideas/resolutions? I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this as well. tiafyc

[NNC]
Members
2,103 posts
12,736 battles
5 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

If you play carriers maybe you can help... When you issue multiple moves to your carrier or her planes via the Ctrl key, your pointer gains a tiny plus sign (+). This indicates your next click will be a continuation of the path previously issued. 

When I start a match in my carrier, the plus sign is already there. I cannot issue any commands to my planes nor my carrier. 

I wrote CS about it but that was fruitless so I closed the ticket. If you don't know/play carriers you won't understand what I'm talking about. So thought I'd ask the community. 

I did the integrity check - not a single update required. So the game is in "good standing" that way... It's extremely frustrating as I enjoy playing my T4/T5 carriers but cannot play these days because of this problem. 

Any constructive ideas/resolutions? I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this as well. tiafyc

Errrri play my hakaryu/taiho/enterprise/shokaku/saipan/hoso/langley all the time and never found that +sign? 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,094 posts

When you route a flight of planes, hold down the CTRL key while clicking the mouse. It establishes "way points" for the planes to follow. When you are doing this, a + will show on the pointer as you add way points. 

[NNC]
Members
2,103 posts
12,736 battles
2 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

When you route a flight of planes, hold down the CTRL key while clicking the mouse. It establishes "way points" for the planes to follow. When you are doing this, a + will show on the pointer as you add way points. 

Errr i just click my groups of squads and click where i want them to go. I do put two, three, four waypoints at a time for the same squad. So i never saw that + sign. Are you maybe holding shift by mistake?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,094 posts

Nah... if you route them to their max number of way points, then the plus sign shows up - I "think" that was the intended purpose. I have a few hundred matches in carriers so I do know the key strokes and such... thanks tho... 

[KSC]
Supertester
2,215 posts
13,047 battles

I have had this happen to me during a match.  After which I could not control any of my planes.   The next match it was back to normal.   I have not had it happen by default at match start, nor repeatedly match after match.  

Sorry.

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,379 posts
11,764 battles

once and a while, I'll have the cursor stick to the + sign, but I have still had control of my aircraft.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,094 posts

Well it's cleared up for me... but someone else was complaining in a bug thread about an issue with the carrier UI... 

[OILFA]
Members
139 posts
10,974 battles

i get terrible lag in CV play every time i click or select a Squad yet my FPS is still 60 After 7.2 it is worse on LOw settings  ..and bombers alt attack will sometimes Switch to Strafe And The H key Ship stats still comes up when typing in Chat ..all of this was reported in Public test now its in the live server ...I see you have select the CV now to Set priority target on Planes and Ships .if planes are selected it does nothing  PLz remove that 

[WOLFB]
Members
56 posts
6,520 battles
On 2/22/2018 at 5:52 AM, Herr_Reitz said:

Had the same issue yesterday for the first time. Was able to move CV, but not planes.

All my planes were circling around CV. Got countless "a**hole" from my team in chat :-)

Somehow managed to resolve it by pressing both Shifts a few times, but it was too late...

No help from WG is usual :-(

Edited by Bigman123_2017

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,094 posts

Yea... they know they got some problems now tho due to others providing feedback in the Bug thread - perchance you may want to jump into it and add something? It's always good to know you aren't the only one experiencing a bug. 

[UMM]
Members
6 posts
7,360 battles

Had this happen to me a few times... and still have not found a solution or how to replicate it. All I remember is, when giving the first directions to my planes when the game starts, the cursor changes and has a "+" sign.  Then its like the "shift" key is locked to always being pressed and I can only give orders through waypoints and theres no way to remove it... So now my planes are just flying around in circles cause I can't issue them new orders and tell them where to go as they are just following these way points. 

[UMM]
Members
6 posts
7,360 battles

When it happens again I'll try to remember to take a screenshot to get better insight from people (and the developers). 

[JEDI-]
Members
12 posts
14,125 battles

My Lexington, just bought, fought 2 battles.  Planes keep going to middle of bottom row.  I click on target ship, less than 5 seconds later, plane turns away from target and goes to middle of bottom row.  Continuous clicking with a squadron til it is on final attack and it will make the attack, but obviously you can only control one squadron, while the rest go on vacation. This happened on both battles.

[WOLFB]
Members
56 posts
6,520 battles

No wonder people are less and less interested in playing CVs.

CV at tier 7 and up is tough by itself because of premium CVs and increased AA, but now in addition we have all these weird bugs all around.