You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Yep, the bot CV desperately needed that XP

30 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,643 battles

image.thumb.png.c109f6c1aa853ba14f11f0448050f529.png

Played 12 games in Randoms yesterday, no CVs. Most of those were enjoyable and a couple were close. I go to Coop to mess around with Bretagne and every game has a bot CV, except when they have a human CV. Do the bot CVs need XP? Are they grinding ships out of stock? Short of coin?

What benefit to any human is there from having a bot CV every game? 

At least put a No Bot CV button for PvE.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
1,693 posts
7,262 battles

IKR...it sucks!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,124 posts
19,941 battles

Some PvE main players like myself asked Wargaming to add a bot CV or BB into the game on the red side to make co-op more of a challenge and to give the human team more targets to farm damage on.. WG took this as to add bots to the human teams for some reason... Wasn't what anyone wanted, was stupid of them, and just annoys me that we now have to compete against friendly bots for xp... IMHO just another failure to understand what the players were asking for.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,712 posts
9,935 battles

The bot CVs are extremely annoying. Not only does it add skycancer to like every PvE game, but it extends the duration as well, as you have to hunt them down at the end in your slow 20 knot BB on their giant, 40km map.

Please remove this "feature" WG.

kthxbai.

[RLGN]
Members
9,764 posts
19,290 battles
4 minutes ago, pikohan said:

The bot CVs are extremely annoying. Not only does it add skycancer to like every PvE game, but it extends the duration as well, as you have to hunt them down at the end in your slow 20 knot BB on their giant, 40km map.

Oh, they’re not so bad; though I had to dodge the torps from a Shok THREE BLOODY TIMES in Mushi in Co-op last night...

...then I finally got close enough where it stopped going dark every time I was about to fire and deleted it.

Can we convieniently ignore that I’m probably one of the players least troubled by co-op CVs you know...?

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
44 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Some PvE main players like myself asked Wargaming to add a bot CV or BB into the game on the red side to make co-op more of a challenge and to give the human team more targets to farm damage on.. WG took this as to add bots to the human teams for some reason... Wasn't what anyone wanted, was stupid of them, and just annoys me that we now have to compete against friendly bots for xp... IMHO just another failure to understand what the players were asking for.

They did exactly what you asked. What are you complaining about?

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,124 posts
19,941 battles
10 minutes ago, Carl said:

They did exactly what you asked. What are you complaining about?

Reading is OP obviously.....

• Funny 1

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
679 posts
5,389 battles
57 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

CV MM is mirrored. If they add a bot CV to the enemy team, there has to be a CV on your team as well. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,712 posts
9,935 battles
39 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Oh, they’re not so bad; though I had to dodge the torps from a Shok THREE BLOODY TIMES in Mushi in Co-op last night...

Your "not so bad" threshold is higher than mine :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,124 posts
19,941 battles
26 minutes ago, mrmariokartguy said:

CV MM is mirrored. If they add a bot CV to the enemy team, there has to be a CV on your team as well. 

Yes I know that, is why we asked for a NEW feature that added extra ships to the red team........ Again to make co-op more a challenge and to offer the human team more ships to farm xp from...

[PVE]
Members
7,865 posts
13,749 battles

I personally have no problem with the bot CV's other than they play a lot worse than the red ones so you can't generally count on them for any help (like friendly bot DD). I don't see them every game either. I see them frequently when there aren't enough humans to fill the team but not all the time. Have had plenty of games where bots were used and no CV.

Bots aren't being added at the exclusion of humans. It is only when there aren't enough humans to fill the team as it has always been (not allowing some tiers to match with others to fill a team re: T9/T10 so you end up with bots teammates when you don't have to is another topic and issue that is preexisting).

I have no complaints on this as it is exactly what we asked for. Stop using DD's to fill the vacant human slots 99% of the time. Add more Cruisers and also include BB and CV in the mix. This is exactly what WG did. We got what we asked for.  Also they clearly explained the ship types added would be based on the make up of the human run ships on the team. If you are seeing a lot of CV's then the makeup of the human player ships types is triggering a CV into the mix.

I actually like CV's being in the game. It makes it more interesting for me. Maybe people that play a lot of Co-op need to start considering AA builds and spec'ing Capt's with BFT/AFT or even MAA now. I have done AA builds on ships/Capt's that can benefit it from day one anyway. I just get to use it more now. LOL

We asked for it and we got it. We shouldn't be complaining.

No offense meant to anyone.

Members
38 posts
4,110 battles

Green CV bots are annoying to me for two reasons, first it is even more torps that will be fired with friendlies in the path since the AI is incapable of recognizing that, and second they are the worst at using their fighters. My low end battleships routinely shoot down more planes than the bot CV manages, I mean I suppose the kongo is an AA powerhouse but still...and there are many matches then have ended with the bot CV having shot down a whole 1 or 2 planes.

So yeah I suppose having a friendly CV Bot on your team does make things more difficult, you can only rely on your own AA to protect you from the enemy planes, and you get to dodge more "friendly" torps than ever.

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,643 battles
16 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Jesus H. Christ, you people cannot even deal with Bot CVs?

*sigh*  That's right Haze. I dont know the secret trick of stopping the bot CV from killing red ships that I want to kill. Maybe you can teach me?

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,643 battles
16 hours ago, Darlith said:

Green CV bots are annoying to me for two reasons, first it is even more torps that will be fired with friendlies in the path since the AI is incapable of recognizing that, and second they are the worst at using their fighters. My low end battleships routinely shoot down more planes than the bot CV manages, I mean I suppose the kongo is an AA powerhouse but still...and there are many matches then have ended with the bot CV having shot down a whole 1 or 2 planes.

So yeah I suppose having a friendly CV Bot on your team does make things more difficult, you can only rely on your own AA to protect you from the enemy planes, and you get to dodge more "friendly" torps than ever.

Haha. I was in St Louis today and suicide torping an Izumo. Died of course.... but with my torps in the water inches from the BB... the green CV killed it. So I got nada for my efforts.

It's just stupid to have a CV in every coop match. Tired of it already. 

[-K-]
Members
6,004 posts
10,119 battles
29 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Jesus H. Christ, you people cannot even deal with Bot CVs?

Worst part is, that "bot" outscored XP and outkilled every member of the winning team.

[PVE]
Members
2,754 posts
20,783 battles
5 minutes ago, Darlith said:

All good for those Co-Opable tasks/missions/challenges that require planes kills...& the AI is very capable of recognizing that friendlies are in their path...they have always torped at friendlies if their is a red bot in the path beyond. It adds a fun aspect to the game IMHO...good torp dodging training for when humans cross torp you in PvP.

Also as all other bots advance...when you've cleared out all the bots on 1 side of map it's good to know that there's a CV to farm on way to other side of map...just follow the returning planes (bots never pretend to be somewhere else by returning their planes the wrong way).

Members
38 posts
4,110 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

All good for those Co-Opable tasks/missions/challenges that require planes kills...& the AI is very capable of recognizing that friendlies are in their path...they have always torped at friendlies if their is a red bot in the path beyond. It adds a fun aspect to the game IMHO...good torp dodging training for when humans cross torp you in PvP.

Also as all other bots advance...when you've cleared out all the bots on 1 side of map it's good to know that there's a CV to farm on way to other side of map...just follow the returning planes (bots never pretend to be somewhere else by returning their planes the wrong way).

Are there even any co-op tasks that require plane kills?

[FACT]
[FACT]
Members
538 posts
7,114 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Can we convieniently ignore that I’m probably one of the players least troubled by co-op CVs you know...?

Make that two of us. Great having CV's in Coop. But I have to agree with Taichunger that they do not belong (as bots) in Random. 

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,643 battles
18 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

We asked for it and we got it. We shouldn't be complaining.

No offense meant to anyone.

I  dind't ask for CVs and I can't recall even a single forum post asking for CV bots in PvE. We did ask for more variety, but the most requested approach to that was to stop the mindless mirroring and match ships by tiers and not individual ship. But instead we have CVs almost every game. To no purpose whatsoever. 

[RLGN]
Members
9,764 posts
19,290 battles
58 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Haha. I was in St Louis today and suicide torping an Izumo. Died of course.... but with my torps in the water inches from the BB... the green CV killed it. So I got nada for my efforts.

It's just stupid to have a CV in every coop match. Tired of it already. 

Amazingly enough; most of my experiences with ‘friendly’ bot CVs have been generally positive. With the worst negative being they won’t leave fighters near the Red bot so you can shoot at the bloody thing while its bombers reload.

If there are enough regular players in queue, a bot CV won’t show up. I have seen this as well; along with no battleship, all cruiser plus destroyers games.

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,643 battles
19 hours ago, mrmariokartguy said:

No, there does not. WG chooses to make it mirrored. That's not a natural law, but a human choice. One that many many many complaints have been made about, I might add...

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,643 battles
16 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Amazingly enough; most of my experiences with ‘friendly’ bot CVs have been generally positive. With the worst negative being they won’t leave fighters near the Red bot so you can shoot at the bloody thing while its bombers reload.

If there are enough regular players in queue, a bot CV won’t show up. I have seen this as well; along with no battleship, all cruiser plus destroyers games.

Yes, if get enough BB players, you don't get a CV. And then you can enjoy a long string of brawls, lots of fun. Match goes much quicker as well. But usually there are not enough players, so you get a Sky Parasite. 

[RLGN]
Members
9,764 posts
19,290 battles
3 hours ago, pikohan said:

Your "not so bad" threshold is higher than mine :Smile_teethhappy:

Well, after so many games spent swatting the annoying flies while fighting off 3-4 or more dangerous regular bots, (because my own team collapsed,) then finally being able to calmly go over and delete the CV; sometimes even after capping in my own CV; that threshold has risen a bit.

17 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Yes, if get enough BB players, you don't get a CV. And then you can enjoy a long string of brawls, lots of fun. Match goes much quicker as well. But usually there are not enough players, so you get a Sky Parasite. 

Thing is; I’m normally that ‘Sky Parasite’ on the players side in Co-op. Even when playing regular ships, bot CVs are more of an annoyance to me than anything else.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,643 battles

Well, after so many games spent swatting the annoying flies while fighting off 3-4 or more dangerous regular bots, (because my own team collapsed,) then finally being able to calmly go over and delete the CV; sometimes even after capping in my own CV; that threshold has risen a bit.

I know that story. I ground up Izumo in Coop, the old Izumo before the buffs. Didn't want to play that trash in Randoms. So many times my bots collapsed leaving me facing 5 DDs....

Thing is; I’m normally that ‘Sky Parasite’ on the players side in Co-op. Even when playing regular ships, bot CVs are more of an annoyance to me than anything else.

I dont mind a human CV, you can ask him for help. But Bot CVs are useless...