You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Komrade_Rylo

Convinced MM is rigged

41 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,949 posts
11,728 battles

WG is trying to curb your wr with rigged mm. Try and prove me wrong.

Spoiler

Weegee tries to curb your wr with mm. So find another player in a ship that matches up with yours, start a div in battle, and tell mm to check its privilege

5a8e48108e26a_curburwr.thumb.png.054ccf12bbda09bf78e201711f431871.png 

shot-18_02.21_23_22.49-0453.thumb.jpg.ce52e91a45a0b971cb66882f59fed836.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,889 posts
4,569 battles
6 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Reveal hidden contents

Weegee tries to curb your wr with mm. So find another player in a ship that matches up with yours, start a div in battle, and tell mm to check its privilege

It's in a patent so you're not wrong many people won't bother to do the research

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,949 posts
11,728 battles

We need more of these mm is rigged posts. Apparently mm wants to control your wr

• Funny 1

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

We need more of these mm is rigged posts. Apparently mm wants to control your wr

4lki7mw.jpg

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

It never ends with you people, does it?

I'm beginning to think that simply hanging out in this forum is actively undermining my willingness to even play the flipping game.

[B2P]
Members
1,662 posts
21,023 battles
20 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

If it is rigged, it's so rigged in my favor. I heartily approve. o7

lol who are you divisioning with? There's no way you can pull dark purple WRs like that while keeping green WTR.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,140 posts

I've collected twenty games worth of data thus far and a Mann-Whitney U test shows no significant difference between teams for either average player win rate or average player XP earned per game for either tier VI (Cleveland) games or tier IX (Fletcher) games.

That is, on average, the teams match up pretty well and it's just random chance which team you will get placed on. It's not the matchmaking, nor is it the overall quality of the players that results in a game's win or loss, it's how individuals play in that game and which ships and ship types are lost first or what caps are taken first and defended that allows one team to take the advantage. Also, sheer luck plays a role, like coming around a corner with a 100 hit point Fletcher and running into a Yamato with its guns pointed the other way and sinking it with two full torpedo spreads at less than 2 km range. 

I know a little of what I'm doing regarding statistical analyses too as I used to be a researcher working in the field of mammalian taxonomy.

Edited by Snargfargle

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,543 posts
12,236 battles
1 hour ago, Ju87s said:

lol who are you divisioning with? There's no way you can pull dark purple WRs like that while keeping green WTR.

Oh it's me! But don't worry, he's the one carrying the game, I'm just carrying the blame :Smile_teethhappy:,

• Cool 1

Members
3,052 posts
11,720 battles

MM is rigged, but only for people that are not on the special secret list that WG keeps.  Apparently most players that know what they are doing are on that list.  It must be so, right?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,543 posts
12,236 battles
2 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

MM is rigged, but only for people that are not on the special secret list that WG keeps.  Apparently most players that know what they are doing are on that list.  It must be so, right?

Just buy more premium everything, you'll get on the list :Smile_teethhappy:

It's like the airline list you know? Different grades for how many miles you've flown!

• Funny 1

[KRAB]
Members
877 posts
7,323 battles

You do realize that the monitor your using extracts ship specific stats, right? Half of the players both teams have so few games in their particular ships that you can't really make any inferences as to their ability. 

Your team is actually ahead in terms of average damage, and would be ahead in exp if win rates were normalized. It is not even a good example of the bias you claim exists!

Repeat your stat mining another 100 times and see what you end up with. I bet you a year's premium time that nothing as extreme as a 45/53 split will persist. 

Members
376 posts
5 battles
2 hours ago, landedkiller said:

It's in a patent so you're not wrong many people won't bother to do the research

And this is one of the most idiotic thing I've ever seen. You know what else was patented? POKEMON BROWN. I don't see that being used ever. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
154 posts
3,812 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I've collected twenty games worth of data thus far and a Mann-Whitney U test shows no significant difference between teams for either average player win rate or average player XP earned per game for either tier VI (Cleveland) games or tier IX (Fletcher) games.

That is, on average, the teams match up pretty well and it's just random chance which team you will get placed on. It's not the matchmaking, nor is it the overall quality of the players that results in a game's win or loss, it's how individuals play in that game and which ships and ship types are lost first or what caps are taken first and defended that allows one team to take the advantage. Also, sheer luck plays a role, like coming around a corner with a 100 hit point Fletcher and running into a Yamato with its guns pointed the other way and sinking it with two full torpedo spreads at less than 2 km range. 

I know a little of what I'm doing regarding statistical analyses too as I used to be a researcher working in the field of mammalian taxonomy.

That’s an interesting result and thanks for your work.

Questions: If average win rates for each side showed no significant differences, wouldn’t that suggest that MM is balancing based on some form of player skill? Or put another way, if MM were truly random, then would there be instances in your sample where the average win rate was much higher for one team or other? After all wouldn’t there be a random chance of all the unicums ending up on one team And the potatoes on the other?

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,889 posts
4,569 battles
8 hours ago, TheNargacuga said:

And this is one of the most idiotic thing I've ever seen. You know what else was patented? POKEMON BROWN. I don't see that being used ever. 

https://patents.justia.com/search?q=wargaming&page=4

take a look there it's easy to use alt accounts to come out and troll not falling for it

11 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Reveal hidden contents

go to that link and you will see the patents

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

My proof that MM is not rigged to curb your wr is my 75% solo wr in the Hiryu after 1,200 games played in it.