You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

Tier 5 Carriers Prove Game is Rigged

67 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,462 battles

On Bogue I run fully upgraded Wildcats, 7 plane squadron, both air group modifications and a 12 point captain with all fighter upgrades. Early in the game vs. other fighters, no AA influence, I should either dominate or be even, yet some games my planes fall from the skies like flies and I inflict little damage. This is vs other Bogues and even Zuihos. Inevitably these games end in a loss. this is a pure result of RNG. Also in these same games there are far less dive bomber hits. It seems like there is an RNG bent for one team or the other established at the start of each game. 

Edited by KalishniKat
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 5

[PVE]
Members
9,554 posts
7,456 battles

19 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

On Bogue I run fully upgraded Wildcats, 7 plane squadron, both air group modifications and a 12 point captain with all fighter upgrades. Early in the game vs. other fighters, no AA influence, I should either dominate or be even, yet some games my planes fall from the skies like flies and I inflict little damage. This is vs other Bogues and even Zuihos. Inevitably these games end in a loss. this is a pure result of RNG. Also in these same games there are far less dive bomber hits. It seems like there is an RNG bent for one team or the other established at the start of each game. 

:Smile_smile:

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,213 battles

Glad to see that WG's algorithm is solely dedicated to ticking you off.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
11,015 battles

You're right. A Bogue never faces any AA-heavy ships. It's all rigged.

eye_roll.jpg

Members
63 posts
223 battles

You should use allied AA more often then, instead of relying on winning an even dog fight. Amazing what a responsive cruiser with some AA to spare can do for the fights in the sky.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,546 posts

Ohhhh boy~ break out the chairs~! This'll be a fun show

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles

My experience with Bogue is different. I find that in a 1 vs 1 carrier game, I can dominate the other carrier if I get a bit of help when I lock down their fighters. It doesn't have to be much, any ship on my team with AA works. I have a 14 point captain with all the right skills, fully upgraded planes, and I always run the combat signals. Any edge really helps out quite a bit. In my Langley I even will lock down enemy fighters over a St Louis just to get those few extra AA points that can turn the dogfight to my favor. I always assume the enemy Bogue has his stuff the same as mine, this isn't always the case. I love fighting the IJN carriers one on one, they are pretty easy to neutralize as long as I don't stray into enemy AA. My biggest problem with Bogue is getting drug into a tier 6 match where the AA just decimates my attack planes or it is a 2 vs 2 carrier match with a tier 6 carrier that can strafe my planes and I have no way to fight back. Too much depends on my allied cv and not all people who have tier 6 carriers, know what they are doing. Langley and Bogue are monsters at their tiers. IJN carrier captains have to be very good to counter them. 

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,348 battles

I once shot down a five plane Hosho squadron with my four plane Hosho squadron with no friendly AA! This is clear proof that the game loves me and is giving me huge win streaks on purpose!

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Beta Testers
95 posts
3,123 battles
5 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Ohhhh boy~ break out the chairs~! This'll be a fun show

Chob, place nice. Or at least get me some chocolate milk

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
39 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

This is what you get for giving a sucker an even break.

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
564 posts
4,789 battles

What is your captain spec? What upgrades did you take? Also, did you fight over enemy AA? 

Picking even fights is risky as well, pick some fights that are skewed in your favor. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,239 battles
16 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

My biggest problem with Bogue is getting drug into a tier 6 match where the AA just decimates my attack planes or it is a 2 vs 2 carrier match with a tier 6 carrier that can strafe my planes and I have no way to fight back.

What’s really sad is being that Bogue in the four cv game; surviving the whole game; getting to the score screen and finding out your supposedly more capable T6 ally is not only sunk; but that you’ve done better than them, and a lot of the other T6s as well.

[PNG]
Supertester, Supertester
5,663 posts
6,472 battles

image.thumb.png.9c998517e8e22e24bdde2dbcfc0bdf7b.png

These people seems to have gotten around that issue... especially that Murphy VonMauler guy, with a whopping 2650-game sample size, clocking in at in insane 2033 wins alone.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,891 posts
10,457 battles

mm needs to check its privilege 

[5IN]
Members
1,790 posts
8,127 battles

OP, I can sympathize with your frustrations about aspects of this game, but out of curiosity, why complain about anything on the forums?  A large majority of regular posters will only offer derisive comments, in lieu of helpful suggestions.  That is not true of everyone, but you have posted enough to know what the outcome will be. 

Personally, there are many things that irritate the crap out of me, but I rarely say anything.  Why?  Because I generally know what the responses are going to be.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, so please don't take it personally.  Perhaps before you rage post about something, consider the outcome (replies) and reword  accordingly.

Of course, maybe you enjoy the responses, or it makes you feel better.  In that case, keep it up.:Smile_honoring:

B

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,044 posts
6,722 battles
2 hours ago, KalishniKat said:

you're not even trying with these troll threads now

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,771 battles

Here is the problem. Your wildcats are factory seconds. I would send in a ticket to support, and ask them,if you can have some brand new wildcats :cap_hmm:

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,304 posts
6,575 battles

3vaSZfA.png

You remind me a lot about a certain troll... 

But hey, just like him, you think that your small sample size proves anything~

[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
720 posts
4,147 battles

"Omg I'm bad, but it must be the game being bias against me!"

Just take your time to learn how the game works. Learn how to use surrounding ships to your advantage, learn how to bait enemy planes...
Or just continue to blame the game for your inability to accept mistakes.