Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FleetAdmiral_Assassin

Keyboard Epidemic

6 comments in this topic

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Haven't seen any other posts on this, so wanted to get the word out. Apparently there is a malware spreading like wildfire that affects PC keyboards.

Apparently it disables the "W" key. Already the majority of CA and BB players at Tiers 9 and 10 seem to be affected. Game after game of CA and BBs refusing to leave the spawn area. Have never seen such a losing streak. Think over the past 2 days I 'maybe' have a 30% winrate.

This malware doesn't seem to affect DD players, as we have been the only ones to actually leave our spawn areas. Unfortunately without a single CA or BB getting in weapon range, it means a very short life expectancy for the DDs.

Please update your anti-virus software and exercise your "W" keys to make sure this doesn't affect you (if it hasn't already). If it has already affected you, please .... play a lower tier until a remedy is found? (Why even play the game if you are afraid of getting your ship damaged?)

This has been a public service announcement.

Edited by FleetAdmiral_Assassin
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

Members
303 posts
4,537 battles

I actually had a problem with my "e" key recently.  I am serious.  I was wondering why I kept getting torped when I absolutely turned out of the way, figured it was just me.  Then I stopped playing and sent an email and when I actually read what I had typed I laughed and figured it out.  New batteries actually fixed the problem, but so strange, just that one key failing...

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
34 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

Haven't seen any other posts on this, so wanted to get the word out. Apparently there is a malware spreading like wildfire that affects PC keyboards.

Apparently it disables the "W" key. Already the majority of CA and BB players at Tiers 9 and 10 seem to be affected. Game after game of CA and BBs refusing to leave the spawn area. Have never seen such a losing streak. Think over the past 2 days I 'maybe' have a 30% winrate.

This malware doesn't seem to affect DD players, as we have been the only ones to actually leave our spawn areas. Unfortunately without a single CA or BB getting in weapon range, it means a very short life expectancy for the DDs.

Please update your anti-virus software and exercise your "W" keys to make sure this doesn't affect you (if it hasn't already). If it has already affected you, please .... play a lower tier until a remedy is found? (Why even play the game if you are afraid of getting your ship damaged?)

This has been a public service announcement.

:Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

More scrubs at high tier than at low tier.

[PSP]
Members
6,342 posts
8,968 battles

I eat at the keyboard watching movies. I get crumbs under the keys all the time. Of course, then there's this:

shot-18_01.17_15_00.57-0306.jpg.314dfee90dbf56cd4c53b46257ec30d4.jpg

Members
190 posts
2,668 battles

It's also fun when you confuse game interfaces. One other game I play uses "T" to talk. T also pops smoke. Premature smoke popping can happen to you when you think you're talking, but you're in the wrong game.

Sign in to follow this