Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SansPeur

Benefit of Owning All the Ship in a Line

8 comments in this topic

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
509 posts
14,571 battles

Did I read that WG plans to (soontm) give a bonus when playing ships, in which the entire line is owned (i.e. you have in the port I-X)?

Or was this just wishful thinking a player had suggested in one of the "What should WG Do" posts.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,100 posts
15,399 battles

during christmas,   wg gives out rewards based on number of t10 bote you own.    not sure why they would give out something for owning every bote in the line though. 

[HSD]
Members
535 posts
11,268 battles

Encouraging players to keep all boats in a line instead of say 3 is a difference 10 vs 3 occupied port slots. Port slots while not really on the player’s radar as far as a real money cost goes are an item that can be purchased.

If players are incentivised to keep the entire line for say an annual or bi-annual signal flag quantity reward they are more likely going to need to purchase a larger quantity of port slots. Additionally there is other factors, selling ships as you progress to partially recoup losses. If you retain the ships you don’t recoup the credits, for some that means they might fork out for premium time while grinding a line. 

Finally I am aware that many people here have probably never needed to actually purchase port slots or snapped up a large number during a sale but without any knowledge of numbers, sales, economics, etc we can’t really get an accurate idea. 

TLDR

Encouraging players to hold on to the whole line of ships could feasibly earn Wargaming more money.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,815 posts
4,342 battles

I recall WG unofficially mentioning a possibility of a very modest reward for owning all ships in a line at one point (during one of the many feature brainstorming sessions either here or on Reddit). It was something along the lines of a "collector's pin" if you will, for your profile, and something like, +1 Port slot. So say you earned the USN Destroyer, Cruiser, and Battleship "Collector pins", that's 3 new port slots. Basically, get one new Port slot every time you complete and own a full line, and you could just sell off all the ships you don't need any more to keep making space towards grabbing the next Collector Pin. Which at the time of the discussion, would have been 4 ports from the USN, 4 ports from the IJN, 2 from the KM (Cruiser + BB), and 2 from the VMF (DD + Cruiser). A slow end method of earning free port slots between events rewarding port slots, basically.

Now that we have Badges/Insignias, it wouldn't be surprising if WG did revisit the idea and give out special images that could be used for a Badge/Patch/Insignia. For example, say an IJN BB Collector badge that features Yamato and silhouettes of the other IJN BBs around or behind her, sort of like this SW poster parody or like this ARP Promo image. In this case, they would replace those "Top 3" badges as a full color and self-contained badge.

[LOU1]
Members
4,022 posts
11,049 battles
1 hour ago, centarina said:

during christmas,   wg gives out rewards based on number of t10 bote you own.    not sure why they would give out something for owning every bote in the line though. 

That is also during the Anniversary event.  I used that as an excuse to get some Tier 10 ships (Des Moines and Minotaur).  Thankfully for whatever team I may be on, they have pretty much sat in port since then.  I need to get a bit more experience before I take them out in Randoms again.  Will probably finish the French line before the next Anniversary event (already have the tier 9).

Edited by ExploratorOne

[TF-64]
Members
458 posts
16,532 battles

You might be getting confused with the US cruiser split. The word was if you owned all the US cruisers you would get a special reward. The wording was kind of vague on if you needed the whole line or just the affected ships (Cleveland up). That's the closest I've heard to something like that. But could have missed something along the way too so not saying this is the only possibility. 

Sign in to follow this