You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kelp2

Seeking PST clan for Division fighting !!!

9 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
155 battles

I'm looking for a strange and weird clan, whose focus is as follows:

(1) Fight together effectively in random battle divisions to improve everyone's victory percentage and battle record.

(2) Be polite and mature at all times. Cursing, raging, sexist, homophobic and/or sexist remarks are an instant and automatic boot.

(3) Have tactical doctrines for various levels and ship combinations that actually win battles.

(4) Clan leadership and events are based around the Pacific time zone (PST). Experienced leadership with a website and/or discord server preferred.

(5) A clan where clan war battles are NOT the focus. Mid tier and up division fighting in random battles IS the focus of the clan.

I hate how clans are obsessed with ultimate victory. I want a clan that can division-up for success. A clan whose divisions are logically organized and well led, improving everyone's abilities and stats. I want a clan that recognizes the importance of good doctrine and good teamwork.

I am tired of clans full of juveniles with uncontrollable angst. I am tired of clans who focus on winning in clan war battles and ignore the rest of the game. Most of all, I am tired of clans with little to no battlefield leadership. I want to division up with people who can lead us to victory, even against the odds. I'm not interested in a clan that wants to recruit a couple "experts" for battle performance in the clan wars.

I'm tired of divisions where nobody makes a plan, there are no expectations, and the division breaks apart once the enemy is in range because each member does what they want, and never even bothers to tell others what they're doing. I'm tired of seeing my victory percentage drop, despite my skill in the game growing, because the "teamwork" of a division isn't improving our chances of winning. I want the focus to be on getting better.

Most of all, I'm tired of the clan leadership scheduling everything for 7-9 PM Eastern time - far too early for anyone in the West to attend. I want a clan whose leaders are in the west, and schedule for westerners.

[QQ7]
Members
491 posts
3,736 battles
2 hours ago, Kelp2 said:

I'm looking for a strange and weird clan, whose focus is as follows:

(1) Fight together effectively in random battle divisions to improve everyone's victory percentage and battle record.

(2) Be polite and mature at all times. Cursing, raging, sexist, homophobic and/or sexist remarks are an instant and automatic boot.

(3) Have tactical doctrines for various levels and ship combinations that actually win battles.

(4) Clan leadership and events are based around the Pacific time zone (PST). Experienced leadership with a website and/or discord server preferred.

(5) A clan where clan war battles are NOT the focus. Mid tier and up division fighting in random battles IS the focus of the clan.

I hate how clans are obsessed with ultimate victory. I want a clan that can division-up for success. A clan whose divisions are logically organized and well led, improving everyone's abilities and stats. I want a clan that recognizes the importance of good doctrine and good teamwork.

I am tired of clans full of juveniles with uncontrollable angst. I am tired of clans who focus on winning in clan war battles and ignore the rest of the game. Most of all, I am tired of clans with little to no battlefield leadership. I want to division up with people who can lead us to victory, even against the odds. I'm not interested in a clan that wants to recruit a couple "experts" for battle performance in the clan wars.

I'm tired of divisions where nobody makes a plan, there are no expectations, and the division breaks apart once the enemy is in range because each member does what they want, and never even bothers to tell others what they're doing. I'm tired of seeing my victory percentage drop, despite my skill in the game growing, because the "teamwork" of a division isn't improving our chances of winning. I want the focus to be on getting better.

Most of all, I'm tired of the clan leadership scheduling everything for 7-9 PM Eastern time - far too early for anyone in the West to attend. I want a clan whose leaders are in the west, and schedule for westerners.

Are you looking around for a clan that clan battles or just plays divisions with good players and leadership?

My clan Exiles, our time zones are all different in the country. Mine being CST.

Exiles is an 18+ clan, we use Teamspeak 3 every day and always play in divisions. I don't like to lose and I prefer great communication as well in which you should always do your best to communicate with your guys to take down each target and callout enemy ships that are close by.

Feel free to give us a look!

Members
16 posts
155 battles

Well, it appears that NO clans are interested in doing well in Random Battles with divisions. The only clan in contact with me wanted someone for clan battles, not everyday division fighting.

Members
16 posts
155 battles

@1Greybear - it appears that no existing clan is interested in divisions. It appears they all want to jump directly into tier 10 clan battles to be The Best WoWS Clan In The World. It appears that only a new clan would serve this "good division tactics" need.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
398 posts
8,035 battles

it may not be that no one is interested in adding you; it may be that those groups that seem to meet the criteria you've listed have no room on their roster

Members
16 posts
155 battles

@Bear_82 - My point is that there are no clan interested in successful division fighting. If such clans existed, but are "full," I submit they have very myopic leadership. It's very easy, especially using discord, to group two, three or more clans together into a single mega-clan on discord, and perhaps with a website too. I know of some clans that already do this.

There are many clans that talk about friendship, or family, and sailing together. They end up running casual Division groups in random battle. Most of the time the members wander off on their own during the fight, rather than working constantly working together. The serious Division teamwork I'm talking about requires constant coordination throughout the battle.

[AUGH]
Supertester
58 posts
6,204 battles

You're facing a difficult reality here, where you want good, experienced leaders and serious teamplay and tactics, yet you don't want to play in Clan Battles. The vast majority of "good" leaders and experienced players (who would be able to do what you want in Divisions, like serious play and coordination) are much more invested in Clan Battles, because that's where you bring total teamplay and coordination to the whole team, instead of 3 people out of 12. There's very few legitimately good leaders and players with a good head for the game who aren't invested in Clan Battles.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
114 posts
1,367 battles

zuiKatsu, I think you're right. Well, seems like the OP needs to spend a few months grinding 12-hours-a-day to (a) accumulate sufficient XP and silver to reach Tier X, (b) get skilled in a Tier X ship of choice, and (c) figure out how to get a high victory percentage so they will appeal to a clan. Maybe seal clubbing at Tiers II to IV?  Otherwise, the chances of being active in a well-led, active Clan Wars team seems very low. Looks like WoWS team play is mostly reserved for players who've been with the game for a year or two, have their 1,000+ battles, etc.

• Cool 1