Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Kaga

It would be nice to see a mid tier German BB premium

9 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
3,370 posts
4,003 battles

All the other lines have at least one (the French lack a tier 8 competitor, but will be rectifying that [presumably] in short order with Gascogne). While there aren't a lot of true tier 6 battleship options (I suppose you could do a clone boat in Baden, but I don't think that's very exciting), one that stands out is the L-20a design (which, in theory, could either be tier 6 or 7, depending on how it was balanced [it was Germany's Nagato-equivalent]). There are plenty of battlecruiser designs that could be utilized without destroying a future battlecruiser tree - for example, Lutzow at tier 5, or Prinz Eitel Friedrich, one of the Mackensens, at tier 7.

L-20a:

post-12179085-0-41278100-1384884236.png

Prinz Eitel Frriedrich:

BC-Mackensen-8x13.8-1919.PNG

Another option, if you wanted to get REALLY crazy, would be the Austro-Hungarian Tegetthoff  class for tier 4. Yes, I know these weren't "German" battleships, but they could - if Wargaming chose - certainly serve as German captain trainers, especially considering that Austria was a part of Germany in WWII.

5a08c3dd018f9_ViribusUnitis.jpg.ab28c294

Edited by Battlecruiser_Lutzow
  • Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,808 battles
34 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

All the other lines have at least one (the French lack a tier 8 competitor, but will be rectifying that [presumably] in short order with Gascogne). While there aren't a lot of true tier 6 battleship options (I suppose you could do a clone boat in Baden, but I don't think that's very exciting), one that stands out is the L-20a design (which, in theory, could either be tier 6 or 7, depending on how it was balanced [it was Germany's Nagato-equivalent]). There are plenty of battlecruiser designs that could be utilized without destroying a future battlecruiser tree - for example, Lutzow at tier 5, or Prinz Eitel Friedrich, one of the Mackensens, at tier 7.

L-20a:

Prinz Eitel Frriedrich:

Another option, if you wanted to get REALLY crazy, would be the Austro-Hungarian Tegetthoff  class for tier 4. Yes, I know these weren't "German" battleships, but they could - if Wargaming chose - certainly serve as German captain trainers, especially considering that Austria was a part of Germany in WWII.

Yep right after a premium KM DD. 

[KNMSU]
Members
3,370 posts
4,003 battles
31 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Yep right after a premium KM DD. 

I thought there was one in the works?

Look, I agree - premiums across the board. But the High Seas Fleet/Kriegsmarine has been neglected for far too long.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,808 battles
2 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

I thought there was one in the works?

Look, I agree - premiums across the board. But the High Seas Fleet/Kriegsmarine has been neglected for far too long.

Agreed, I don't want to see any of your picks just yet. I would rather see SMS Blucher at tier 4 TBH. It has a uniqueness that the others don't have. It's unfortunate they felt it necessary to take the Konig Albert from the shop.

[POP]
Members
1,166 posts
15,093 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

L-20a:

Prinz Eitel Frriedrich:

Yes

But I would leave the Austria Hungarian BB under its own flag and throw this guy in as a special captain.

Corvette Captain Georg Johannes Freiherr von Trapp  Georg Johannes von Trapp.jpg

Make it a premium ship

Edited by tm63au

[KNMSU]
Members
3,370 posts
4,003 battles
15 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Yes

But I would leave the Austria Hungarian BB under its own flag and throw this guy in as a special captain.

Corvette Captain Georg Johannes Freiherr von Trapp  Georg Johannes von Trapp.jpg

Make it a premium ship

So... something like this, then?

jWwxO.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[POP]
Members
1,166 posts
15,093 battles
5 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

So... something like this, then?

jWwxO.gif

classic plus 1

its hypnotic cant stop watching

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
3,370 posts
4,003 battles
4 minutes ago, tm63au said:

classic plus 1

its hypnotic cant stop watching

I know, I've been kind of addicted to it, too.

Sign in to follow this