You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Psycodiver

Is it really seal clubbing when WG gives you the club?

92 comments in this topic

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

Seriously if you give a player the club is it really right to accuse them of seal clubbing? I haven't played the Vampire since I won during that campaign, actually I forgot I even had it (I have waaaay to many ships, I need to start selling some). Anyways this ship is fun, I really need to take her out more often although I really need to get IFHE on her because I found the HE shells shatter allot on Tier 4 BBs even though I was shooting into the upper works and checking the armor viewer I can see some of the ships have just enough armor to defeat the HE shell in some section

shot-18_02.20_23_07.23-0025.thumb.jpg.2e95fbc877277dc744f30411c9c18fd8.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TMS]
Members
2,996 posts
28,964 battles

Seal clubbing is the tier not the ship and of course   some ships are better to go seal clubbing in than others.

Edited by Final8ty

[RKLES]
Members
11,052 posts
12,551 battles
Just now, Final8ty said:

Seal clubbing is the tier not the ship.

I don't know, when the noobs flood into tier X in Wargaming games as they do sometimes I Division with friends and we seal club tier X, Ironically on days like that low tier battles will have stronger players than the X battles lol.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Is Sealclubbing really still a thing?

The first year the game was out, I can definitely see it, but now?

I must be clubbing with other clubbers then. 

[WOLF3]
Members
23,000 posts
20,882 battles
Just now, Wulfgarn said:

Is Sealclubbing really still a thing?

The first year the game was out, I can definitely see it, but now?

I must be clubbing with other clubbers then. 

A good Tier IV and Tier VII ship will see you through some great comedy.

Members
9,915 posts
12,635 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I don't know, when the noobs flood into tier X in Wargaming games as they do sometimes I Division with friends and we seal club tier X, Ironically on days like that low tier battles will have stronger players than the X battles lol.

does any one else see the IRONY in this guys statement?? go look it up... makes me giggle

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
10,116 posts
15,559 battles

I am testing my st louis to see what wr I can get solo.  so far  so good.     relaxing playing t3 actually.      bogatyr seem to perform similarly.  

[PVE]
Members
3,974 posts
22,322 battles
1 minute ago, pmgaudio said:

does any one else see the IRONY in this guys statement?? go look it up... makes me giggle

Maybe if he said T8 (wallet warrior noobs) but T10 noobs???

Members
9,915 posts
12,635 battles
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Maybe if he said T8 (wallet warrior noobs) but T10 noobs???

well that too...it is just funny every-time he makes a post talking about NOOBS and bad players...(Not often but he does) I have to giggle a little.. not a LOT just a little... I aint no uni....but it is very funny

[PVE]
Members
3,974 posts
22,322 battles
6 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

well that too...it is just funny every-time he makes a post talking about NOOBS and bad players...(Not often but he does) I have to giggle a little.. not a LOT just a little... I aint no uni....but it is very funny

I can't really comment on that as my stats (after about twice as many games) are about on par w/his.

Members
848 posts
5,437 battles

I tend to sealclub at tier 5 a lot with my Kamikaze R... I guess I do much better in destroyers and battleships. I'm not too good in cruisers, sadly. But nice work! I should take my Vampire out for a spin as well.

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles

It is somewhat encouraged by WG given the number of low tier premiums that have been offered over the years.  If I'm paying for a boat with green, why the heck should I be restricted from playing it?  Now, I don't really make a habit of playing low tiers.  But I've purchased a fair number of tiers 2 - 5 premiums since I started playing this game.   I like to dust off my Texas and Arizona (or whatever) occasionally to break up the monotony.  I feel zero guilt....I bought these things and I'm going to play them when I want.

[TMS]
Members
2,996 posts
28,964 battles

In my opinion,  1-4 low tier seal clubbing, 5-7 mid tier, 8-10 high tier. 

[RLGN]
Members
12,320 posts
22,076 battles
1 hour ago, centarina said:

I am testing my st louis to see what wr I can get solo.  so far  so good.     relaxing playing t3 actually.      bogatyr seem to perform similarly.  

Bogy seems to shoot faster, but St Lou is tougher.

My first 300+ hit game was in a Bogy in Co-op; but I hardly ever play it because I just like St Louis more.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles

I think that they should really look at limiting the amount of captain skills you can use on T1-4 ships.  I enjoy playing low tiers.  I'm more skilled than the new players by a long shot.  I don't need to have access to 19 pointers in order to continue to enjoy low tiers and to do well.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,026 posts
19,676 battles

I  just like the relatively quick pace of T4 matches.  

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles

new players aren't sticking around t4 long enough to have 10 pointers to fight back with.

Members
1,082 posts
3,570 battles

I am playing low tiers right now (3 and 4) because I have started two new DD lines, neither of which have particularly good captains. Also because Im still getting my sea legs back under me after being away for a long time. I don't consider that seal clubbing. One thing I have noticed though, except for weekends, there are just as many strong players who are obviously experienced and have high tier captains as there are new players. Its easy so spot, especially from a DD. Then you have the clan tags and divisions on the start screen. Its fairly obvious.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles

I won't lie, I'm running around with my Yubari with a 14 point captain in it right now.

Members
728 posts
8,923 battles

I made a New Years resolution to get my Kamikaze WR to 65% in solo.

Am I "Seal Clubbing", oh, yeah, you betcha I am.

image.jpeg.50e27926f76c547366ce6dbb7bccbcbb.jpeg

But, I do feel I'm providing a valuable service to new player. To learn the dark art of WASD hacking.