Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

We Need a Real Campaign

11 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
8,966 battles

....like Science of Victory..a generalized large campaign for almost everybody, not directed at one group or one prize. Science of Victory was fun. Bring back something like that..not gambly..not specific, but broad and open.

• Cool 2

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
2 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

....like Science of Victory..a generalized large campaign for almost everybody, not directed at one group or one prize. Science of Victory was fun. Bring back something like that..not gambly..not specific, but broad and open.

I finished the basic SoV the other day...too many heroic challenges to get the medal for finishing all tasks though. Have you completed "all" tasks?

i wouldn't mind seeing more like it. +1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
8,966 battles
1 minute ago, BullpupWOT said:

I finished the basic SoV the other day...too many heroic challenges to get the medal for finishing all tasks though. Have you completed "all" tasks?

i wouldn't mind seeing more like it. +1

No..have like 3 outstanding..may never get em, but the rest were fun!

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
2 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

No..have like 3 outstanding..may never get em, but the rest were fun!

I just remembered that I can't complete it because of the CV required ones as well. Oh well. 

[INTEL]
Members
7,024 posts
28,579 battles

Wait! What CV? I do not have any CVs (hate 'em) and completed.

You know you can redo tasks, don't you?

That gets you the final task. If you meant going back afterwards and completing the ones you skipped, then I understand. I skip the undoable ones.

Edited by alexf24

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
1 minute ago, alexf24 said:

Wait! What CV? I do not have any CVs (hate 'em) and completed.

You know you can redo tasks, don't you?

Yes...I meant that if I want the cheevo for completing every task of the campaign, I can't do it because some of the tasks must be completed with a CV. I finished the campaign doing what you said, repeating some tasks. 

[NGAGE]
Members
3,006 posts
7,993 battles

I think it'd be cool if there was a long campaign that offered the opportunity for 2x of all the special modules as part of completing it all.

[PVE]
Members
2,776 posts
20,906 battles
35 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

I just remembered that I can't complete it because of the CV required ones as well. Oh well. 

They are only T5 CV requirements...& I understand your view on it as the only CV experience I have had is just enough to finish that campaign.

Sometimes they have CV Co-Op missions that are good practice (plus even if you are no good at CVs it stops the team from getting stuck w/a bot CV that always go for the torp at friendly option. You can practice on bots far away from your teammates to avoid any TKs until you get good enough to try the few missions required to finish the Science campaign...at least 1 of those missions is just spotting ships & the rest are not very hard once you get a little Co-Op practice.

The grind from T4 to T5 in Co-Op should give you enough practice to be able to handle a couple random battles (w/out being a detriment to your team) just to finish off campaign tasks.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
8 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

They are only T5 CV requirements...& I understand your view on it as the only CV experience I have had is just enough to finish that campaign.

Sometimes they have CV Co-Op missions that are good practice (plus even if you are no good at CVs it stops the team from getting stuck w/a bot CV that always go for the torp at friendly option. You can practice on bots far away from your teammates to avoid any TKs until you get good enough to try the few missions required to finish the Science campaign...at least 1 of those missions is just spotting ships & the rest are not very hard once you get a little Co-Op practice.

The grind from T4 to T5 in Co-Op should give you enough practice to be able to handle a couple random battles (w/out being a detriment to your team) just to finish off campaign tasks.

I've run 2 battles in the tier 4 IJN ship, cO-op battles. It was really bad!!  I couldn't get the planes to launch the torps in the first one. I would select the target, get the reticle, and then I think I was trying to change the angle of attack which I couldn't get to work. I think I was cancelling the attack run as my planes just kept flying in circles over the targets. I just don't think I have it in me. It's hard enough for this 48 year old to manage WASD and R, T, U as it is. 

[PVE]
Members
2,776 posts
20,906 battles
6 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

I've run 2 battles in the tier 4 IJN ship, cO-op battles. It was really bad!!  I couldn't get the planes to launch the torps in the first one. I would select the target, get the reticle, and then I think I was trying to change the angle of attack which I couldn't get to work. I think I was cancelling the attack run as my planes just kept flying in circles over the targets. I just don't think I have it in me. It's hard enough for this 48 year old to manage WASD and R, T, U as it is. 

52 w/same issues...but thanx to the recent changes in Co-Op where bot CVs can end up on your team even if you go afk after loading in it's better than having "friendly" bot planes attacking the green ships. Maybe just concentrate on hunting down the red bot CV (least AA defence...especially at low tiers) w/your strike planes & shooting down bot strike planes to help out your team...after making sure your strike planes are clear of bot fighters.

There's less chance of other ships by the CV also which should help w/practicing changing the angle of attack w/out accidently cancelling the attack (ships close together throw that off I've discovered).

[4HIM]
Members
2,180 posts
6,212 battles
1 hour ago, BullpupWOT said:

I can't do it because some of the tasks must be completed with a CV. I finished the campaign doing what you said, repeating some tasks. 

Know what you mean.  I've only played the Langley.  But I really dislike the game play with CV's.  Almost like playing Cold Waters from the map view.  It's not something I enjoy.  I've unlocked the Hosho, but haven't added it to my port because I know I'll never play it.  I do have a winning percentage in the Langley though.  Simple enough when you only have 7 games in it.  Plus a few more in PvE just to get the hang of it.  Likely my last CV play.  

Sign in to follow this