You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Any chance of tier T6 or T5 Ranked again?

83 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
11,016 posts
12,551 battles

With as fed up with Radar players have gotten, might be good time to do T5 or T6 Ranked again next time where there is no Radar, and with addition ships having been added it might be fun, plus Wargaming has that special tier 6 Ranked map that I have since forgotten the name of lol.

Thoughts on a T5 or T6 Ranked?

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[B2P]
Members
1,662 posts
21,037 battles

Only problem with T5 is it would be flooded with kamikazes. T6 again would be fine with me though. Either way, I hope it's a long time before another ranked season. 

Members
933 posts
4,027 battles
1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

Only problem with T5 is it would be flooded with kamikazes. T6 again would be fine with me though. Either way, I hope it's a long time before another ranked season. 

Kamikazes and Giulio Cesares. yes

[KSE]
Members
3,919 posts
18,351 battles

I would bet next season will be t7 yet I agree with you radar makes it no fun for me I did enjoy T6 I just didn't have enough time to play it last time

[CVA16]
Members
2,791 posts
8,437 battles

I'd like to see it have multiple tiers as you move through the ranks. Playing one tier a month and a half is monotonous.

• Cool 2

[H-WS]
Members
355 posts
5,735 battles

I remember a time when there was a ranked season of tier 5/6 where you could use either.  It was actually the most enjoyable one for me.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,791 posts
8,437 battles
1 minute ago, Horama said:

I remember a time when there was a ranked season of tier 5/6 where you could use either.  It was actually the most enjoyable one for me.

I think was season four and it was kind of cool.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
35 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

With as fed up with Radar players have gotten, might be good time to do T5 or T6 Ranked again next time where there is no Radar, and with addition ships having been added it might be fun, plus Wargaming has that special tier 6 Ranked map that I have since forgotten the name of lol.

Thoughts on a T5 or T6 Ranked?

No, not only no, but hell no.

[-K-]
Members
7,498 posts
12,209 battles

What about progressive ranked?

For example:

• R25 - 20: T5 ships
  • R19 - 15: T6 ships
  • R14 - 10: T7 ships
  • R9 - R5: T8 ships
  • R4 - R1: T9 ships

Doesn't have to be this exact structure, but something progressive like it.  That way, you get a break from the monotony and aren't spamming the same ship(s) for 100+ consecutive battles.

• Cool 4

[B2P]
Members
1,662 posts
21,037 battles
15 minutes ago, Horama said:

Why would you want the possibilty of getting teamed with lower tiered ships though? I supposed if they made the MM account for tier and make teams equal in type and tier, it would work, but it would complicate things and clog up the queues. 

[TSF_1]
Members
3,194 posts
7,085 battles

I would love T6 ranked, I might actually play it!

The destroyers are pretty well balanced with interesting play. If T-61 proves overpowered that might cause problems, but as of now it's purely academic.

Cruisers are powerful, and start to evolve into what the lines ultimately are. You also get odd ducks like Spee and Perth to spice things up.

Battleships are great. There really isn't a bad pick at all.

Carriers might be problematic, but a minor buff to Independence could make it a more level playing field. It's also less of an issue since plenty of T6 ships actually have good AA defenses.

• Cool 2

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
18 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

What about progressive ranked?

For example:

• R25 - 20: T5 ships
  • R19 - 15: T6 ships
  • R14 - 10: T7 ships
  • R9 - R5: T8 ships
  • R4 - R1: T9 ships

Doesn't have to be this exact structure, but something progressive like it.  That way, you get a break from the monotony and aren't spamming the same ship(s) for 100+ consecutive battles.

I like that idea. +1:Smile_medal:

Beta Testers
1,255 posts
6,245 battles

I hope not, tier V and VI CAs are really bad.  The selection of good ones is basically limited to Cleveland (which loses a ton of value with no CVs) and the Buddy.  The rest are just too weak to be really viable.

[RKLES]
Members
11,016 posts
12,551 battles
2 minutes ago, Bril01 said:

I hope not, tier V and VI CAs are really bad.  The selection of good ones is basically limited to Cleveland (which loses a ton of value with no CVs) and the Buddy.  The rest are just too weak to be really viable.

Actually last time Ranked was tier VI I did quite well in Aoba since gun range is good, Fire chances are excellent, it comes with Catapult fighter which is useful in spotting Torps and seeing over islands, you can equip Hydro, it's a heavy Cruiser so it endures gun fire better than the light Cruisers at tier 6, gets 10km torps, and it's AP shells are good at citadeling  other cruisers.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,194 posts
7,085 battles
2 minutes ago, Bril01 said:

Arg, I have to disagree!

Spoiler

Aoba gets good torps for kiting and wonderfully hard hitting HE.

Nurnberg gets great range and AP, as well as a nasty torpedo armament for close-up battles.

Graf Spee is awesome at tanking, and its huge guns can smash cruisers and battleships alike.

Makarov is essentially Nurnberg.

Molotov's awesome guns and speed make it a threat that you can't ignore. Very useful for drawing fire off of allies.

Leander has a great box of tools for cap play, which makes it very good at supporting DDs.

Perth is like Leander, but better suited to attacking ships and less well suited to attacking a cap.

Huang He is like Perth, but slightly better at working in caps.

La Galissionniere is awesome at bringing speed and HE to the table, which like Molotov, creates a dangerous threat. De Grasse is the same way.

Duca is a cool smattering of interesting tricks which if played well can be supremely annoying.

[FML]
Members
3,228 posts
13,721 battles

I think tier 6 is the most balanced in the game, and this showed in the stats following that ranked season - lots of variety of ships and, other than Independence, fairly close win rates. I ranked out in a Leander. 

Tier 7 would be OK if they banned the Belfast (which I have), but I suspect they won’t. 

Tier 5 would be mostly Kamikaze and Cesare - and tha rage for players who bring New York’s and drive in straight lines will be excessive. Still, I’m open to doing it once (ideally after they put Kamikaze on sale again :-p)

[OO7]
Members
6,035 posts
13,071 battles

I doubt we will see anything but t6, t7 and t8. Reason? T4 is the first tier with all 4 classes, but T4 and t5 are overloaded with op ships. Also carriers only have manual drops at T4 and t5. The reason we will likely never see t9 or t10 is that wg wants it to be semi accessible to newer players. Also they want to make money and there are no t9 and 10 premiums for sale. So we are stuck with 3 tiers for ranked. 

For the record, I put 5 and 9 as my preferred tiers for next season. However, premium ships removed from sale permanently should be disbarred from participating in ranked, or allow those ships to participate in ranked 1 tier above them. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[OO7]
Members
6,035 posts
13,071 battles
20 minutes ago, Bril01 said:

Wow, t6 has pretty much some of the best batch of cruisers around. Cleveland is definitely good, but you won't hear me complaining about nurnberg/makarov, De grasse, Perth, budyonny, molotov. And don't forget Cleveland is going to t8... You'll have Pensacola at t6 along with the light cruiser. 

[-K-]
Members
7,498 posts
12,209 battles
5 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Wow, t6 has pretty much some of the best batch of cruisers around. Cleveland is definitely good, but you won't hear me complaining about nurnberg/makarov, De grasse, Perth, budyonny, molotov. And don't forget Cleveland is going to t8... You'll have Pensacola at t6 along with the light cruiser. 

Pensacola's 203mm HE and AP at T6?  Yeah, I could get me some of that.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,299 posts
10,216 battles

Tier 5 I would probably rank out because those ships I feel I can carry any team, so they won't do it.

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,103 posts
5,914 battles

I would love tier 5 or 6 ranked, tier 8 is stale and tier 7 is unbalanced.

• Cool 1