You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

DD Module Slot 2, Which is Better??

13 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,700 battles

Equipment (Slot 2)Edit

Icon Equipment Name Cost Description Notes
Wows_icon_modernization_PCM020_DamageControl_Mod_I.png

Damage Control System Modification 1

250000Credits Reduces the risk of flooding or fire:
  • -3% to the risk of flooding and damage received when torpedoes hit the torpedo protection.
  • -5% to the risk of fire.
Torpedo flooding and damage modifier only applies to ships with a torpedo protection system (viewable under the Survivability tab of the Port screen).
Wows_icon_modernization_PCM021_Engine_Mod_I.png

Propulsion Modification 1

250000Credits Increases survivability and accelerates repairs of engine:
  • -20% to the risk of the engine becoming incapacitated.
  • -20% to engine repair time.

Wows_icon_modernization_PCM022_SteeringGear_Mod_I.png

Steering Gears Modification 1

250000Credits Increases survivability and accelerates repairs of steering gears:
  • -20% to the steering gears repair time.
  • -20% to the risk of the steering gears becoming incapacitated.

So the list above is all that's available for Slot 2. What is the "best" all around choice for a destroyer? I've never picked anything other than Damage Control mod 1, because DDs have to choose Last Stand anyways, might as well get some fire damage prevention to get a slight edge in DD knife fights.

But there are DDs, at least on WoWS wiki, which are suggested to use Propulsion Mod 1.

So.... what mod do you choose?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,701 posts
11,839 battles

I always run last stand and never use D.C. on engines or rudder except when I need to get moving or die. So I run DamCon Mod 1. 

• Cool 2

Supertester
2,179 posts
9,480 battles

As a DD main I’d usually mount speed boost mod in that slot if its a ship I play often, or the hydro mod in case of KM DDs. Otherwise I’d usually take propulsion 

[USCC2]
Members
5,153 posts
37 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

I always run last stand and never use D.C. on engines or rudder except when I need to get moving or die. So I run DamCon Mod 1. 

The same.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

DCM1 is a stable choice, reducing the potential DoT damage from proc'ing is always nice. 

As for SGM1 or PM1, it depends on the other mods you have. Sure if you're running LS you can save DamCon for fires/floods but LS only removes the FULL Disable; you're still at reduced functionality. So the reduced repair could be a nice buff. 

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

Usually PM1, unless it is a DD on which I spend one of my precious special speed boost mods.  But if you are running LS (and you are running LS, of course), the slot may as well be for holding your beer for all the good it will do you.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
952 posts
12,610 battles
54 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

While I can't say "always", I CAN say "on almost everything". :Smile_Default:  My Fushun has the EB Mod on her after all. :Smile_hiding:

2,855 posts
9,017 battles

propulsion is mandatory. Not having enough engine power gets you killed, and you'll sometimes drift out of smoke even with last stand. 

[CRMSN]
5,955 posts
4,333 battles

Prop mod, I agree with Neo. Even with last stand your engine going down is a PITA . 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,491 posts
18,035 battles
1 hour ago, HazardDrake said:

I do this exact same thing.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,725 posts
37,838 battles

I get Last Stand on all my DDs.  For the module, I used to use Damage Control 1.  But I switched to Propulsion Mod 1.  Because a spotted DD that is not moving is bad and a spotted DD that is slowly moving is almost as bad.