You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
deresistance

Premium time question

25 comments in this topic

[RMRGD]
Members
452 posts
21,215 battles

Does anyone know if you can halt the premium time for any extended period of time?   I am going to be gone 2-3 weeks for work and won't have any way to play.  Hate to lose the premium time was wondering if there are options or not.  

Thanks

• Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Members
3,061 posts
3,324 battles

Nope. You're not the first to ask, but there is no way to do it. Sorry.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,519 posts

In my alt account, I only pay for Premium time -- for when I need it.

If I'm going to be doing Clan Battles or grinding that night -- just spend 250 doubs -- and make a ton more FXP and credits.

This way, I can devote a whole Saturday, and hope some personal 'emergency' doesn't poop up.

• Cool 1

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
780 posts
10,219 battles

Yes, this question has been asked since early WoT.  However, this is the method that is implemented not just with WG, but several other games do the same thing.  You're gone, doesn't matter, time still ticks away on your account.  Ran into the same thing a few years ago when I was unemployed and spending a lot of time looking for work and in general not a lot of time / wish to play games.

[USCC2]
Members
5,166 posts
2 hours ago, deresistance said:

Does anyone know if you can halt the premium time for any extended period of time?   I am going to be gone 2-3 weeks for work and won't have any way to play.  Hate to lose the premium time was wondering if there are options or not.  

Thanks

Nope, that's why I will not buy it. Who wants to shell out $70 to get detached the following month.

Although as I mainly play Co-Op nowadays, I don't feel WG give me enough incentive to pay - few missions, no connection to game (patches etc); why bother? Of course, there will be plenty  who will have reason to.

Edit: Or maybe there aren't plenty who will have reason to (looking at the down vote) lol.

Edited by _WaveRider_

[RMRGD]
Members
452 posts
21,215 battles

Ill buy premium time when its on sale etc but I got a lot of it from crates/super containers.   I just don't want it to go to waste either.  

Beta Testers
284 posts
5,056 battles

Everyone here is correct. Unfortunately, there is not a way to stop premium time from being deducted. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but this is how the development teams designed that part of the game to work.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,203 posts

The best thing to do if you play sporadically, say only on the weekends, and want to use premium time is to just buy it as needed. You can purchase as little as 24 hours. 

[RLGN]
Members
12,303 posts
22,049 battles
2 hours ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Everyone here is correct. Unfortunately, there is not a way to stop premium time from being deducted. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but this is how the development teams designed that part of the game to work.

No way/chance of it ever being awarded like personal reserves in tanks? Obviously with some upper limit amount before it just reverts into regular premium time.

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles
21 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

No way/chance of it ever being awarded like personal reserves in tanks? Obviously with some upper limit amount before it just reverts into regular premium time.

Ive gotten several months from super containers, and various missions have preium time rewards.  otherwise, its not often you see a event that has premium time as a reward.

[LOU1]
Members
4,031 posts
11,103 battles
1 hour ago, Hatework said:

Ive gotten several months from super containers, and various missions have preium time rewards.  otherwise, its not often you see a event that has premium time as a reward.

Personal Reserves in Tanks only run when activated.  They come in one hour, two hours, or four hour increments.  They can increase silver, gold, or crew experience.

Edited by ExploratorOne

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
6 hours ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

wish there was way to pause your premium time for be great.. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,094 posts

On the flip side, it would be a vast improvement if you could tell WoWS when to start premium time you've won via the game, for those of us who aren't normal premium time players. 

If you get within range of winning 24hrs of premium time in the middle of the week, you have two choices. Complete the task, win the time and spend what little you can that day... or stop playing for the remainder of the week, wait for the weekend and play to complete the task, getting the hours. 

IWBNI (it would be nice if) you could at least get a seven day period within any time won to spend it. After seven days it goes away. 

But now it is what it is and it will likely never change until other games do it first. 

[PVE]
Members
3,970 posts
22,322 battles
21 hours ago, deresistance said:

I would suggest doing the PT for the free premium time...you have about a month & a half to go to your promotions tab in g-mail before you have to use it...will at least have a couple days in que you can start up when you get back.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,169 posts
13,758 battles

Wargaming.Net is a business, not a charity.... although they DO participate in some good military-focused charities.... 

So, asking them to suspend your premium time is like asking them to lower their income.... And, since it doesn't cost them anything but taxes in order to sell it, they make 100% profit margin on selling in game content. The good news to you, though? This means they are able to stay in operation, and provide the same level of content updates that they currently do. Now, whether you like said content is a totally different subject.... and irrelevant to the powers that be.

HOWEVER... it NEVER hurts to a) create a ticket and b) PM your friendly admins) IF YOU A SERVICE MEMBER, and facing long-term deployment. I'm sure if you provide them proof (military ID, or any such documents that you are allowed to show to the public) that you are in the military, they just might make an exception. 

Edited by SkywhaleExpress

[A-I-M]
Members
2,234 posts
11,378 battles
On 2/21/2018 at 11:50 AM, AVR_Project said:

This way, I can devote a whole Saturday, and hope some personal 'emergency' doesn't poop up.

Yeah, those digestive emergencies can really mess with yer fun...

• Cool 1

[RMRGD]
Members
452 posts
21,215 battles

Over the past 2 years I have played almost every day give or take say 14 day or so.  It would be awesome if they offered a premium stop for say 7 days maybe granted twice a year.  Just a thought.   yes they are in the business of money.  I already paid for it.  I support this game heavily.  But letting the time go to waste does seem sad. 

• Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
267 posts
6,763 battles
On 2/21/2018 at 10:39 PM, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

wish there was way to pause your premium time for be great.. 

wargaming seems to do a pretty good job of lavishing swag on their customers through missions and whatnot. However, I agree it would be nice for a pause on premium time maybe as a % of the time that is left on the account a couple times a year.

Members
3,201 posts
6,382 battles

WOW should have an option to control Premium time when you want to start and stop it.  You have a drop dead date to use it or lose it.   I mean you buy a block of 24 hours and your supposes to use it all up? Gotta sleep u know.!

The Start and stop control could be the least amount of one hour increments minimum.  In some ways they might sell more time as it is now catering to your schedule - NOT theirs!    

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
3 hours ago, dionkraft said:

WOW should have an option to control Premium time when you want to start and stop it.  You have a drop dead date to use it or lose it.   I mean you buy a block of 24 hours and your supposes to use it all up? Gotta sleep u know.!

The Start and stop control could be the least amount of one hour increments minimum.  In some ways they might sell more time as it is now catering to your schedule - NOT theirs!    

i know would save me more money i didnt have to burn so i could use all my premium time like say u buy the 30 days option. But then u find out hey i got to work or school to do within these 30 days so proble only use about haft of it then or less.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,155 posts
9,657 battles

If you could stop it, then the price for time would be considerably higher per hour/day of time purchased.  Right now, that unused time is calculated into the cost, and players purchase time based on cost per day and factor in how much actual use they get out of their time purchase.  It would help some, and hurt others depending on the cost breakdown.

It would be nice if WG had a once per year pause you could put on the premium time for emergency situations.  That way, it couldn't be abused, and you could pause it for vacations or major life events.