You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Got the Lyon mission from a reg french crate.

14 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,320 posts
7,460 battles

I played the Lyon/Rich on the PTS server... The meta was mostly tier 8-10, the Lyon still felt ok playing against tier 8-9... The HE spam didn't set as many fires as I expected though. I can only imagine what it'll be like top tier in a predominantly tier 6 match... On the weekends?! Poor cruisers. It was my daily free crate you get from playing the Aigle. I was suprised, you do get the French BB missions from the generic crates, it's just alot more rare. I get the bretagne mission from the free Premium crate you get at some point. What's cool about the Lyon is that you can see "sigma" in action. A giant blast of shells, and rounds from the various guns go everywhere, but there's usually a tighter grouping where you aimed. The interesting thing about it, is the shells that end up near where you aimed aren't from the "middle guns" of the ship... They're from random barrels spread out over the ship and they end up drifting to that spot due to the sigma odds.

[RST]
Members
378 posts
7,910 battles

Congrats on the Lyon, I like you have been playing the Aigle mission and taking the daily crate but had not received any missions from 2 premium (1 free w/ Aigle, 1 purchased) and 30 regular crates (between Aigle and the progression missions).  Just before sign off last night I bought a single premium crate and got a mission (Bretagne) + 500 doubloons.  So I finally have hope for a French BB in crate.  And now you are affirming to me it is possible to get them from regular French containers too!

Edited by groomsiebelle

[-K-]
Members
6,004 posts
10,125 battles

Nice work.  I unlocked the Normandie, and frankly, can't wait to be done with her and move onto the Lyon. 

Normandie is an ok ship, but she definitely isn't anything to write home about.  AP penetration at range along with poor main turret firing angles seem to be the biggest issues that she has.

[-TNT-]
Members
672 posts
8,810 battles

FS Lyon is a solid ship. I SPEC her for MFC SD AND AA along with AFT.  You're correct no CE.  The Captain is from my Richelieu and I'm not bothered by not having CE at all.

[DD214]
Members
771 posts

She is a fun ship and solid performer, that's said from a DD skipper. Fun just watching 16 rounds go out. Will sell the T5 as soon as the patch comes out, the Lyon is a keeper.

[RKLES]
Members
8,874 posts
10,828 battles

I got Lyon as well from the regular crates, ( not not sound any money to get it) tested the HE some and set an occasional fire, but have found the AP to be far more effective.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

Much more likely to keep her than the Normandie just because of the 16 guns being such a unique feature. IMO it does compensate for bad accuracy. Had to pay for mine, I only got Bretagne in the normal crates. 

[TOG]
Members
3,266 posts
17,141 battles

Lyon is the only ship able to dev strike a dd with just AP alone. I like typing 16 gun O7 have shut a feat.

[WOLF3]
Members
18,711 posts
17,055 battles
5 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Lyon is the only ship able to dev strike a dd with just AP alone. I like typing 16 gun O7 have shut a feat.

Yeah, about 2 days ago, was playing Lyon but I was on a potato-a$$ team.  I was the last ship of the team, trying to survive but I had 6 ships converging.  Time / Score was nearing conclusion, I was making pot shots as much as I could, but I wanted to survive and not give the bast@rds the satistfaction of the kill.  But again, I had 6 ships converging.  3 DDs, an Algerie, a Nagato or Colorado, and an Atlanta.  An Ognevoi that had done well for the reds had the audacity to come rush me guns blazing, maneuvering and try a torpedo drop.  But a Full 16 AP Gun Salvo into the face sent that 90% HP DD right back to port, all while still dodging the torps I knew were coming.

[TOG]
Members
3,266 posts
17,141 battles
20 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

But a Full 16 AP Gun Salvo into the face sent that 90% HP DD right back to port, all while still dodging the torps I knew were coming.

16 gun O7!

[WOLF3]
Members
18,711 posts
17,055 battles
7 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

16 gun O7!

There are 2 very critically dangerous times in a match.

1.  When your team is getting ROFLSTOMPED and you are in deep, deep trouble.

2.  When your team is winning good.  WUT????  Because I see lots of guys take the good judgement, play-calling they have made for a winning effort and throw it all away to get that 1 broadside gun salvo off, to get that last minute torpedo salvo off. 

In my case, I was on a team getting ROFLSTOMPED, but that DD, who ended up No.2 in their team with score, got rekt in the face because all his good judgement got thrown out the window to try to get torpedo hits and kill the last ship, me.  If the Ognevoi stood off at range spamming shells and be harder to hit, he would have lived and gotten a better score.  Instead he got greedy and let me stuff a 16 gun AP salvo right down his godd*mn throat for no gains on his part.

He was DOING GREAT.  90% HP, multiple kills already, the match was over.  That's great for a DD.  But again, he got greedy, threw out good judgement, and got rekt.

And I survived.

[TRIBE]
Members
3 posts
7,030 battles

I got the Lion out of a crate mission and been playing it almost all the time. put the Honore captain in for the turret traverse and Adrenaline rush bonuses. Have the Main armament 1, Damage control 1 & 2 and A/A Guns Mod 2. Captain skills Preventive maintenance, expert Marksman, BFT, AFT and the next 2 points went to AR. This gives you an A/A rating of 94 (96 with the flag), decent turret traverse with 8 guns almost always on target and a surprisingly capable brawler that avoids getting citadeled and therefore stays in game for the duration. Shooting things closer than 15k is always better for your fire to be effective, HE might not burn but due to volume give reliable damage to opponents and the ship is nimble enough to avoid a lot of incoming fire using the WASD hack. Currently 29 fights played with 59% winrate (all solo, no teamates/divisions involved). I am extremely happy with this ship and will keep on playing it. And already gained enough XP on her to get Richelieu...