Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BullpupWOT

Free XP ships?

21 comments in this topic

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I tried searches with no luck and I'm at work and can't log into my port.

I "think" all of the free XP premium ships I've seen are BBs.  Are there any non BB ships that can be earned with free XP?  I've been saving, but  I don't think I can bring myself to ever use it on a BB unless my preferences have some sort of miraculous transformation. 

[CRUEL]
[CRUEL]
Members
189 posts
20,860 battles

Anshan Pan Asian DD I don't think its on sale right now

• Cool 1

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
2 minutes ago, CaptinKen said:

I'll have to remember that, thank you. I wonder if they will make other options available in the future...perhaps some cruisers?

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,120 battles
Just now, BullpupWOT said:

I'll have to remember that, thank you. I wonder if they will make other options available in the future...perhaps some cruisers?

Anshan is not a free xp ship. She’s a DD that has a boosted free xp modifier. Meaning she earns more free xp per match than other ships at her tier.

We’ve only had 3 free xp ships. All three have been BBs. Missouri, Nelson and Musashi.

• Cool 2

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Yup, we are still waiting for WG to stop with the BB love..

MGB65vi.png

The waiting continues..

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

[TSF_1]
Members
3,193 posts
7,069 battles

There are rumors of a few being introduced, but they amount to speculation on how to get unreleased premiums. I hope they do one that's T5, and not too expensive.

[5BS]
Members
8,712 posts

At the moment, the only 3, Nelson, Missouri, and Musashi, are BB's. The Kron, which is to be released in the coming months, is to almost 100% certainty to be a Free XP ship: It's a T9, so not something being sold directly, it's not a CW reward as there is already the Stalingrad for that, it's not likely to be a Ranked Reward either, as between it and the Salem, the Salem more closely fits the existing trend (High RoF USN Premiums going 7, 9, and then 10), and failing that, it is *extremely* hard to believe it would be a campaign or operations award. As such it would be the first Free XP Cruiser (barely, as it's functionally a battlecruiser and those get treated as BB's in this game).

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
3 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

What about Salem, I thought that was rumor to be an FXP ship? Also Kronstadt?

Purely speculation, Salem disappeared off the radar ( get it? ) quite awhile ago and hasn't really had anything since.

Kronstadt only recently entered supertest, so it'll be several months ( speculatively, based off previous examples ) before it is ready for release.

What I don't understand, is why Musashi, Salem and Kronstadt all have collectors edition flags, but we still haven't been given a chance to obtain it.

[INTEL]
Members
7,351 posts
32,405 battles

Interesting on the Kron info. FXP eh? Like it.

Of course I have to add the obligatory question, even if not germane. Where is T-61?

[5BS]
Members
8,712 posts
4 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Where is T-61?

On hold. The last q/a with Sub_Octavian (last week) said that they just can't seem to get into a place where they are satisfied with it so it's on hold for the foreseeable future.

Members
770 posts
10,014 battles

I failed to see someone would mention the upcoming Russian cruiser Varyag (1899) for free XP that I have heard of from LWM

Edit:
Due to my forgetful mind. I may have mistaken if this is a free XP ship or a doubloon/pay ship from premium store... maybe/probably...

Edited by DJ_PON3_ZaNe

[PROJX]
Members
1,066 posts
22,602 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

At the moment, the only 3, Nelson, Missouri, and Musashi, are BB's. The Kron, which is to be released in the coming months, is to almost 100% certainty to be a Free XP ship: It's a T9, so not something being sold directly, it's not a CW reward as there is already the Stalingrad for that, it's not likely to be a Ranked Reward either, as between it and the Salem, the Salem more closely fits the existing trend (High RoF USN Premiums going 7, 9, and then 10), and failing that, it is *extremely* hard to believe it would be a campaign or operations award. As such it would be the first Free XP Cruiser (barely, as it's functionally a battlecruiser and those get treated as BB's in this game).

Hey _RC - I want to be careful here to make sure I don't start rumors (and agreeing that Kron is a possible candidate to be a FXP ship since Sub-Octavian stated that the next FXP ship won't be a BB) - but also....

There was a mention in reference to Stalingrad by a WG employee (not sure if this was in any official capacity) stated that "Stalingrad may be made available by other means than a Clan Battle reward...".   This comment was public enough that it elicited reaction from the community - Mejash, for one, has a youtube video out reacting to this possibility as being a problem that may possibly diminish the interest in the Clan War participants, if this were the case.   

Details were not provided for what  "other means" refers to or how certain this is, but this lends itself to the possibility that the Stalingrad is also being considered as a Free XP Reward ship. If this were the first T10 FXP ship...if you apply a similar pricing scaling to the exiting FXP ships, it would be north of 1M FXP (using the same scaling factor extrapolated between the the Nelson & Missouri gives a factor of 1.41 which would put a T10 at approx 106M FXP - or higher if the scaling factor increased between T9->T10).

Edited by hangglide42

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,466 posts
18,018 battles
1 hour ago, CaptinKen said:

I don't think Anshan is a free XP ship. Or ever was for that matter.

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,604 posts
10,446 battles
1 hour ago, BullpupWOT said:

I wonder if they will make other options available in the future...perhaps some cruisers?

It would be interesting to see some of the older, rarer, low-tier (II or III) premiums being offered as Free XP premiums from time to time if sales figures indicated they just weren't moving any more (it's not like they have to spend money on making a physical item, after all, and the development costs in terms of computer time/power consumption and developer salaries have probably long since been absorbed). They might even make some money off people spending doubloons on the necessary conversion.

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,883 posts
4,569 battles
1 hour ago, BullpupWOT said:

I tried searches with no luck and I'm at work and can't log into my port.

I "think" all of the free XP premium ships I've seen are BBs.  Are there any non BB ships that can be earned with free XP?  I've been saving, but  I don't think I can bring myself to ever use it on a BB unless my preferences have some sort of miraculous transformation. 

In the future, there will be Sub_Octavian mentioned that the next free XP ship won't be a Battleship I suspect that either Kronshtadt or something that will be shown in the devblog later on in the summer as Nelson released in the fall when it was teased in the summer. We can rule out carriers as they won't release another prem carrier till a rework is done. So that leaves DD's and cruisers considering how much garble you see over free xp ships I would think Cruiser would be the next free xp ship as WG is testing the waters with the next one. Which I think could be this Soviet Kronshtadt or something else entirely. I lean towards the soviet due to it having the same damage control party as October Revolution. I also lean towards this ship being the next free xp ship due to the fact that Stalingrad will be released as a reward for clan battles WG being mainly a Russian based company will no doubt want to please the Russian audience by them having a free xp ship finally and an over the top cruiser at that. If it is not a cruiser I would be surprised, but they're many candidates for this I am sure like french destroyers, Russain destroyers, German destroyers. I am basing my opinions on the past three releases of free xp ships each being from a different nation.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
8,697 battles
1 hour ago, renegadestatuz said:

Anshan is not a free xp ship. She’s a DD that has a boosted free xp modifier. Meaning she earns more free xp per match than other ships at her tier.

We’ve only had 3 free xp ships. All three have been BBs. Missouri, Nelson and Musashi.

wait really?

Boosted by how much?

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,120 battles
5 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

wait really?

Boosted by how much?

I mixed my words up a little. The modifier isn’t built into the ship itself, but her perma camo gives a 100% bonus to free xp.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
58 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It would be interesting to see some of the older, rarer, low-tier (II or III) premiums being offered as Free XP premiums from time to time if sales figures indicated they just weren't moving any more (it's not like they have to spend money on making a physical item, after all, and the development costs in terms of computer time/power consumption and developer salaries have probably long since been absorbed). They might even make some money off people spending doubloons on the necessary conversion.

While a good idea for the T2-3s that aren't selling so hot; it probably won't be the case. 

Think of all the push back and rage from the small base that did pay money for them. Such a spite may spur those players to stop spending dollars or dubloons in the future. 

Sign in to follow this